What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Texas A&M Pregame / Game Thread

I love Nate Landman and I have a ton fun watching him out there.
We mucked it up and our defense fought tooth and nail to keep us in it tonight.

This TAMU team is easily as talented as TX was last year. Yet this game went very differently. We have some pieces to be a very good team.

It hurts that we didn’t close this one out, but it’s really dumb and overly pessimistic to come in this thread and trash this team after what they just gave us for a performance against the #5 team in the country.

Go Buffs!
Thank you! Holy **** I didn't think there was a voice of reason on this thread. But Lord Jesus I found it.
The fallout of a great game played by our guys in black in gold (the play calling notwithstanding) is hilarious to come upon. Holy balls, this thread sucks again.

To start with the players deserve a huge amount of recognition. They busted their tails and yes almost pulled off one of the biggest upsets in the history of our program. No question the effort was there, the desire was there, and players performed to their absolute ability.

Chiv gets a huge amount of the blame but ultimately the head coach is responsible. If something is wrong it is his job to fix it.

Lewis is a reason to be optimistic but why are we forced to play a freshman at QB? Also and bigger is that what could be called was very limited because our line, specifically our tackles couldn't block the A&M pass rush and had trouble consistently getting push in the running game.

Dorrell's history at UCLA was do a quality job coaching getting the best out of his players until his failure to effectively recruit lowered the talent level to a point that he couldn't compete. What have we seen so far that says that he is going to recruit well enough here to not repeat that experience? So far his staff here has recruited more poorly than he did at UCLA.

The players did a great job today, the defensive coaches gave us all we could ask for, as you said other than the FG unit our special teams won their part of the game.

With all that though we lost a game we should have won and more importantly the trajectory of the program is going the wrong way. I'm not going to sit here and sunshine pump about a sinking ship even though on a personal basis I think KD is a great guy.
We were forced to play him because Shrout blew out his knee.

This one is going to leave a mark. So many chances to win the game. ATM made more plays than we did, and they made them when they needed to.

As a fan, this one hurts real bad. I just have to hope the players and coaches learn from it and get better. There are things that can be taken from this game that will help them.

I’m pissed off right now, though. 🤬

Thank you! Holy **** I didn't think there was a voice of reason on this thread. But Lord Jesus I found it.
The fallout of a great game played by our guys in black in gold (the play calling notwithstanding) is hilarious to come upon. Holy balls, this thread sucks again.
The thing is, no one has trashed the team. Chiv lost us this game and we will lose more this year because of him.

I guess I am compelled to respond: "this staff can't recruit".
Have you provided an example as to how they can? Are you a star's don't matter kinda guy?
I don't give a **** about recruiting rankings, and I keep an open mind on kids like Broussard-like most on here didn't until he beat out Ashaad Clayton and Jaren Mangham, who were ironically signed by Tucker (who many on here still have hard-ons for). Mangham is at South Florida, and he's had six touches in two games for them. Clayton's a pretty clear 3rd on the depth chart behind Broussard and Fontenot. Why is that?

I don't give a **** about recruiting rankings, and I keep an open mind on kids like Broussard-like most on here didn't until he beat out Ashaad Clayton and Jaren Mangham, who were ironically signed by Tucker (who many on here still have hard-ons for). Mangham is at South Florida, and he's not touching the rock much there. Clayton's a pretty clear 3rd on the depth chart behind Broussard and Fontenot. Why is that?

You are talking about one player. Your recruiting theory isn't a recipe for winning. For the record this staff recruited none of these players.

You are talking about one player. Your recruiting theory isn't a recipe for winning. For the record this staff recruited none of these players.

And Mel Tucker's was? Brendon Lewis went from the truth in December to a bust (according to some on here-you know who you are) in less than a year. Jaren Mangham is gone. Ashaad Clayton's 3rd on the depth chart. Brenden Rice has had a quiet first couple games. Have the tight ends that were a part of Tucker's class caught a pass here?

Why do you think Dorrell took a shot on Shannon Turley when nobody else would? Because developing kids with work ethics like Broussard and Penry are more important than stroking fragile 19 year old egos like Mangham.

Last edited:
Like rain on your wedding day? Not really that ironic. But, since I’m back for a couple comments. Please PM what game you’ll be at, I’m looking forward to meeting you.

I think that was the joke.

I will be at four games this season.

And Mel Tucker's was? Brendon Lewis went from the truth in December to a bust (according to some on here-you know who you are) in less than a year. Jaren Mangham is gone. Ashaad Clayton's 3rd on the depth chart. Brenden Rice has had a quiet first couple games. Have the tight ends that were a part of Tucker's class caught a pass here?

Why do you think Dorrell took a shot on Shannon Turley when nobody else would? Because developing kids with work ethics like Broussard and Penry are more important than stroking fragile 19 year old egos like Mangham.

You're so close. You want to say "stars don't matter." Do it.

Can someone who was watching on TV tell me about the penalty that negated the long first down gain? It was either holding or offensive PI I think. You guys were calling it a bill **** penalty.

We were forced to play him because Shrout blew out his knee.
Sure, but would Shrout have had any more success with the tackles we had out there today.

And Shrout has a different skill set than Lewis but he would still be an inexperienced starter having just a few starts at Tennessee.

Granted aTm found themselves in a bad QB position as well but most programs manage to have a progression of QBs

@Duff Man has mentioned a few times looking for a transfer QB. That doesn't even need to be a guy looked at as a starter (wouldn't hurt) but a guy you could be comfortable finishing a game for you would help. If he can push Lewis some all the better.

Sure, but would Shrout have had any more success with the tackles we had out there today.

And Shrout has a different skill set than Lewis but he would still be an inexperienced starter having just a few starts at Tennessee.

Granted aTm found themselves in a bad QB position as well but most programs manage to have a progression of QBs

@Duff Man has mentioned a few times looking for a transfer QB. That doesn't even need to be a guy looked at as a starter (wouldn't hurt) but a guy you could be comfortable finishing a game for you would help. If he can push Lewis some all the better.

Shrout's a huge insurance policy. Having him healthy means this offense isn't this vanilla because Chev/KD aren't paranoid about getting Lewis hurt.

Last edited:
Shrout's a huge insurance policy. Having him healthy means this offense isn't this vanilla because Chev/KD are paranoid about getting Lewis hurt.
Shrout may have ended up starting if he wasn't hurt. He isn't the athlete Lewis is but has a stronger arm and is more advanced in understanding the passing game.

Shrout may have ended up starting if he wasn't hurt. He isn't the athlete Lewis is but has a stronger arm and is more advanced in understanding the passing game.

And there would be some on here complaining about that had it happened. Maybe-but having both those guys healthy means we're probably not this vanilla offensively.

I came into this game pretty discouraged. I really anticipated a blood bath today. I kept expecting aTm to turn on the jets in the second half and they really didn’t. We caught a HUGE break on aTm’s fumble at the goal line.

So, this game at least gives me a glimmer of hope moving forward. I think winning next week is imperative. Lose, and the aTm game was a fluke. Win and we will show that we can compete in the Pac.

Last edited:
And there would be some on here complaining about that had it happened. Maybe-but having both those guys healthy means we're probably not this vanilla offensively.
Shrout may have been a better option at QB today. A&M came in today determined that we weren't going to control the game on the ground. Lewis gained some yards running but he wasn't able to take advantage of some opportunities to pass the ball that were there.

Back