What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Officially off the Macintyre bandwagon

He has to do that in order to actually get his buyout money from LSU.

Buyout clauses usually have 2 conditions:
1. the person getting bought out has to actively try and get another coaching job,
2. if, and when, they get another coaching job, whatever they earn in that job is deducted from the buyout.

Les Miles has to publicly express interest in every job in order to meet #1. Whether he's actually interested is a different question.

The fact that it appears (at least to my knowledge) that he hasn't advanced to the interview stage in any coaching search is pretty telling - especially when you realize that there are only 4 active coaches who have won MNCs.
Does anyone know if it's legal to actually write the contract to pay him $50,000 / yr until the buyout is over, then $XX,000,000 after?

Les Miles at Colorado actually does not sound too bad. Unfortunately his son is at Nebraska and playing against him the next two years would be awkward, unless he transferred and played fullback for us? As for the offensive evolution, it would be nice to see him keep Chiv as the OC and keep the offense mostly similar, and get the running back situation upgraded to find more Fournette's and Guice's to tote the rock in Boulder. We are probably the most committed to running the ball, and that should somehow start attracting a big powerful back.
LM is a feasible option...

LM is 63. His day has past. I would have loved him coming here 6-7 years ago, but I think you look to the future, not the past. That said, he would recruit like a house on fire and set the table for the next guy.
trump is 71. his day is past. he must immediately resign, as we don't want to live in the past!

Just heard UCF has the #1 offense in the country. What would it take to bring Troy Walters back to Boulder as OC??? BL can be HC at Northeast Nova Scotia Community College.

Just heard UCF has the #1 offense in the country. What would it take to bring Troy Walters back to Boulder as OC??? BL can be HC at Northeast Nova Scotia Community College.

If Frost goes to Florida or Nebraska, Troy Walters would be a top candidate to be the HC? However, he would be as good a candidate as anyone for the OC!

I know that last year Frost was still calling the plays and Walters was really just an OC in name while learning on the job. I am not sure what has changed this year, but he would be a hell of a lot greener than Lindgren.

I know that last year Frost was still calling the plays and Walters was really just an OC in name while learning on the job. I am not sure what has changed this year, but he would be a hell of a lot greener than Lindgren.

Pass-If we replace Lindgren..........I'd like to see names like Doug Meacham and Rhett Lashlee considered.

As soon as you decide someone is no longer right for a position, the sooner you move, the better.

And everyone is now thinking I'm trying to make an argument for RG getting rid of MM this year.

Nope: I'm making a criticism of MM. He's too slow to off load assistants who really aren't working out. It never works out well to keep someone in place, even for a single extra season, if they can't get the job done.

"Continuity," limiting change, not creating an even bigger transition, are all lame excuses for not moving on as soon as you know it's no longer the right fit.

I hate to point out anything ND as a good model, but Kelly gets this point.

As soon as you decide someone is no longer right for a position, the sooner you move, the better.

And everyone is now thinking I'm trying to make an argument for RG getting rid of MM this year.

Nope: I'm making a criticism of MM. He's too slow to off load assistants who really aren't working out. It never works out well to keep someone in place, even for a single extra season, if they can't get the job done.

"Continuity," limiting change, not creating an even bigger transition, are all lame excuses for not moving on as soon as you know it's no longer the right fit.

I hate to point out anything ND as a good model, but Kelly gets this point.
Eliot, JJ and Bernardi should be gone after the Utah game. Of course, it may take MikMac 15 months to fill those slots, so you have to consider that.

4th and 10 on your own 15. And you go for it?

There’s a difference between believing in your guys and setting them up for failure.

4th and 10 on your own 15. And you go for it?

There’s a difference between believing in your guys and setting them up for failure.
Guarantee there would have been a comment here criticizing him if he didn't, just last week he was (rightfully) lambasted for punting on 4th and 15 in our own half. It was the right call.

Guarantee there would have been a comment here criticizing him if he didn't, just last week he was (rightfully) lambasted for punting on 4th and 15 in our own half. It was the right call.
Man I just can’t agree. I trend aggressive in those situations and that’s just madness. There was time. Not much but there was time. The whole series was crap and we needed to punt that one away and reset. You’re probably right that someone would have criticized if he hadn’t but They’d have been wrong too.

Man I just can’t agree. I trend aggressive in those situations and that’s just madness. There was time. Not much but there was time. The whole series was crap and we needed to punt that one away and reset. You’re probably right that someone would have criticized if he hadn’t but They’d have been wrong too.

There was no choice today. Had to go for it.

Back