What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OSU game fallout thread

I think it's pretty obvious. Did it seem to you like Lindgren used a lot more concepts than he did when he was here? Our offense seems to be lost in the dark ages in some regards. Very few jump ball opportunities. Never throw the back shoulder fade.
I had no doubt he was very hands on with the Washington game plan. He was scared ****less of getting blown out and wanted Chev to run clock to shorten the game. He does the same thing when CU gets up on a team and pulls the plug. It completely back fired on him today

Other than Wazzu, we're playing teams that primarily run the ball on offense. That gives us a shot with the way our DL and Landman are playing. It's far from hopeless. It's not pretty, but I can see us gagging out a win or two. Especially since we'll likely get Viska back and Winfree looks like he's shaking off the rust.

Viska has to go on Friday doesn't he?

Other than Wazzu, we're playing teams that primarily run the ball on offense. That gives us a shot with the way our DL and Landman are playing. It's far from hopeless. It's not pretty, but I can see us gagging out a win or two. Especially since we'll likely get Viska back and Winfree looks like he's shaking off the rust.
I would argue that coming into this game, OSU could be considered a one-dimensional running offense. So that doesn’t bode well.

I was supportive up until today. Honestly, I’m still in total shock. My eyes tell me what happened but my brain can’t quite wrap itself around reality. Now I’m definitely off the train. He and the staff have the rest of the season to convince me they need to stay. This is not what happens to programs that have their **** together.

I was supportive up until today. Honestly, I’m still in total shock. My eyes tell me what happened but my brain can’t quite wrap itself around reality. Now I’m definitely off the train. He and the staff have the rest of the season to convince me they need to stay. This is not what happens to programs that have their **** together.
Didn't you say CU should give him 7 years to turn this around?

Didn't you say CU should give him 7 years to turn this around?
I don’t think I ever said that, exactly. I did say that I didn’t feel like he’d be fired this year, barring some kind of epic collapse. We may be witnessing the beginning of that epic collapse.

I hate to say it but I'll be surprised if we go to a bowl. This is a top down problem. The predictability in the play calling, the constant shuffling of the OL, the locking onto one receiver every game is ridiculous.

This is an inexcusable loss.

I would argue that coming into this game, OSU could be considered a one-dimensional running offense. So that doesn’t bode well.
Agreed. I don’t think it really matters what scheme they run. We don’t know how to win on the road (remember, we were super lucky at the end to beat Nebraska.) And no chance in hell we win our home games.

I don’t think I ever said that, exactly. I did say that I didn’t feel like he’d be fired this year, barring some kind of epic collapse. We may be witnessing the beginning of that epic collapse.

He's gotta get to a bowl to stay. If not more. Even if that happens, assistant coach changes are a MUST. Klayton Adams must go. I'd hate to lose Darrin Chiaverrini the recruiter, but Darrin Chiaverini the offensive coordinator is in over his head. Eliot can't be far behind-I think MM wanted Leavitt gone and somebody he could micromanage. No more of that.

He's gotta get to a bowl to stay. If not more. Even if that happens, assistant coach changes are a MUST. Klayton Adams must go. I'd hate to lose Darrin Chiaverrini the recruiter, but Darrin Chiaverini the offensive coordinator is in over his head. Eliot can't be far behind-I think MM wanted Leavitt gone and somebody he could micromanage. No more of that.
Roper may be getting an expanded role, which won't fix anything I suspect

To me, after the long run to open the 2nd half, it looked like the coaches told the starters "you get one more touchdown, then the backups are in." That is the only way to explain the worst offensive play calling I have seen in decades. Chiv made Watson look like a damn genius. Second half was a broken record, 6 yard run, incomplete, incomplete, punt. Minute and a half off the clock. 6 yard run, 40 yard, 5 yard run, incomplete, incomplete, punt.

And they were all go routes. Trying for that quick strike instead of grinding out an easy win. If you throw, at least make them high probability passes. As they say, you rise to your own level of mediocrity. Chiv has found his.

And Mike mac looks like a damned fool on the sideline. How about you walk yo your OC and say, "hey a$$hole, quit going deep and try to have one sustainable drive."

Defense looked gassed and poorly setup. Bad all around.

Luckily for us, they can't afford buy out, and no one wants anyone on the staff. Rinse and repeat.

Laughed. Joked. Shades. Hood. Sat back on bench. Repeatedly played with phone.

This stuff matters. And doesn’t happen in a different culture.

Contrast his behavior with Winfree when he was injured.

That literally had 0 to do with the outcome. You have a really outdated concept about what people should do on the bench when they’re hurt.

And, BTW, his behavior won’t be “addressed”. He didn’t do anything wrong.

It's one for the record books.

The size of the comeback makes it news-mentionable. Nobody outside of Colorado and Corvallis cares about the teams, but the game will be mentioned because going from 31-3 to 42-34 is remarkable as an oddity.

Idiot Mac says players make plays, players win games. If that’s true, then we don’t need a worthless head coach. Can his worthless overpaid ass and get a coach who believes they have a hand in the final result.

Back