What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 8/24

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
IT”S BACK!

After a long, cold, footballless winter, and spring, and summer, well maybe a hot sweaty spring and summer for readers in Florida and Texas (or Cleveland) but you get the idea, college football games are back. Our Buffs aren’t playing this week but we do get to whet our appetites with some action.

Four games on the FBS schedule including a couple of ranked teams and a couple that are just rank.

On the positive side we have the yearly game in Ireland. This year they get to miss out on the overweight fans from the Big Ten (trying to explain to the Irish how a conference with 18 teams is called the Big 10 without admitting that the bottom 8 suck badly enough that they don’t and won’t figure in the conference race, and that those include the teams in the game (Nebraska, Northwestern)

At least they won’t have their impression that American college football fans are all fat changed. Instead of midwestern fatties this year they get Southern redneck fatties with (5) Florida State against Georgia Tech. They may even realize though that not all American fans wear polyester.

Back on this side of the pond (24) SMU is at Nevada who only won 2 games last year and aren’t likely to start this year with a win. Oddsmakers put this game as a 4 TD win for SMU which may be optimistic for a bad Wolf Pack team.

Speaking of bad teams it’s hard to ignore New Mexico. 4-8 Last year which by their standards wasn’t a bad season. They host Montana State. Normally FBS teams schedule FCS schools to pad their records but Montana State is ranked #4 in FCS and very likely to put another embarrassing loss on the Lo Bros.

Hawaii is another team with a long history of bad football. 5-6 Last season but with a strong finish winning 3 out of 4 they are doing record padding right by not only bringing in an FCS team but one in Delaware State that only won 1 game last year, that against a D3 school.

None of the other local teams is in action yet either with all starting next week with some really bad mismatches.

Small colleges as well start next week with the RMAC starting right off with some significant games.

Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

There's one decent FCS game which is McNeese State at Tarlenton. The Texans can finally shoot for the FCS playoffs this year after that move up from the D2 ranks and would make a good path towards that with a win over the Cowboys.

Bronco is going to need the time to put UNM football back together and it would be an upset if they beat Montana State.

Hawaii should easily win over Delaware State because DSU missed their flight to the islands and had to ride two separate planes over there.

There's one decent FCS game which is McNeese State at Tarlenton. The Texans can finally shoot for the FCS playoffs this year after that move up from the D2 ranks and would make a good path towards that with a win over the Cowboys.

Bronco is going to need the time to put UNM football back together and it would be an upset if they beat Montana State.

Hawaii should easily win over Delaware State because DSU missed their flight to the islands and had to ride two separate planes over there.
Yeah. I think UNM is close to a 10 point dog vs Montana State. Lobos job is going to be a tough one.

Best of circumstances Delaware would have been in trouble.

They are approaching being the Fort Lewis of FCS.

Best of circumstances Delaware would have been in trouble.

They are approaching being the Fort Lewis of FCS.

The Blue Hens are moving up to FBS next year. The Hornets are a MEAC team that happens to be a HBCU school and they all struggle to get funding.

The Blue Hens are moving up to FBS next year. The Hornets are a MEAC team that happens to be a HBCU school and they all struggle to get funding.
Don't know how they are going to function at FBS when they can't put a competitive team out there now. I'd like to see them do well. I think that the HBCUs fill an important role in the higher education picture and success in athletics helps them get their message out. Unless they have found some donors willing to step up large Delaware State is going to be in an ugly situation.

Don't know how they are going to function at FBS when they can't put a competitive team out there now. I'd like to see them do well. I think that the HBCUs fill an important role in the higher education picture and success in athletics helps them get their message out. Unless they have found some donors willing to step up large Delaware State is going to be in an ugly situation.

The Blue Hens have been a solid FCS program for years and they have a $1.78B endowment plus they are more of a private college that is being assisted by the state so funding will not be a problem. They might be someone to keep an eye on over the next decade or two.

DSU is governed the same way as UD but it appears that they are simply not getting as much money as UD is getting.

I’m feel like there’s confusion gong one between Delaware and Delaware St.
You are correct.

The team playing at Hawaii is Delaware State, the Hornets. The Blue Hens are the University of Delaware and indeed are a much higher funded program, and have been in the FCS playoff the last two years. The Hornets are struggling to update facilities and have fundraised a total of $10 million towards the project.

You are correct.

The team playing at Hawaii is Delaware State, the Hornets. The Blue Hens are the University of Delaware and indeed are a much higher funded program, and have been in the FCS playoff the last two years. The Hornets are struggling to update facilities and have fundraised a total of $10 million towards the project.
I have a special place in my heart for Delaware - it was my wife’s dream school until her parents wouldn’t let her go out of state (PA)…after her older siblings went to North Dakota, West VA, Rutgers.

I have a special place in my heart for Delaware - it was my wife’s dream school until her parents wouldn’t let her go out of state (PA)…after her older siblings went to North Dakota, West VA, Rutgers.
I can understand your wife's desire. I'm not a big New England guy but Delaware is a nice state and the University has a good reputation and looks to have a nice main campus.

Not just UNM but NMSU too. Tough state to have a decent football team in but I believe Bronco is up to the job.
Albuquerque aside, there are, maybe, a half handful of FBS players or whatever the hell they call the bigger schools these days. Besides, what talent there is, mainly in the eastern part of the state. Places like Clovis, Artesia, Cruces, etc.. It's a basketball and baseball state anyway.

Back