What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 8/29 - 9/2

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
College football salad, everything chopped up, mixed up, and dressed up. The same ingredients in different places and it’s just the first course. All records listed are from last year.

Thursday night outside of our Buffs a lot of iceberg lettuce games, a big stack of different pieces but mostly without a lot of substance behind them. Most involve teams looking to pad their records and get off to a winning start with something that is fresh and not challenging. A lot of FCS or bad G5 teams taking a paycheck for a beating.

Breaking that pattern we have an ACC/B1G game with two teams that went bowling last year. North Carolina (8-5) at Minnesota (6-7.)

Friday as well has a bigger than normal plate of games but the only one involving two power conference schools puts TCU (5-7) at Stanford (3-9.)

Saturday we finally get a game between two ranked P4 teams. (1) Georgia hosts (14) Clemson but with the Bulldogs favored by almost 2 TDs things may be going a little stale for Dabo and the Tigers.

A more interesting match-up has (8) Penn State at West Virginia (9-4.) Surprising to see Pedo State on the road against a quality opponent this early in the season.

Big rivalry game on the plate. (19) Miami at Florida (5-7.) Both schools are used to it but temps in the high 80’s/low 90’s with high humidity. Lot’s of talent on the field, the Gators have been failing to live up to expectations in recent years.

Saturday evening we have the “Can they both please lose” game of the week. (7) Notre Dame at (20) Texas A&M, weird visits weirder.

A Saturday game involving a future Buff opponent has Nebraska (5-7) in their search for the ultimate cream puff opponent may have found it in UTEP (3-9), historically one of the worst programs in college football. If the fuskers can manage to lose to the Miners (as in minor program?) the meltdown would be epic even by cornflake standards.

With no NFL games we get a Sunday game and it could be a good one. (13) LSU and (23) USC meet in Vegas. LSU (10-3) and USC (8-5) have both failed to meet their fans expectations in recent years as well. This could get one of them off to a bad start.

There is also a Monday night game. Boston College (7-6) catches (10) Florida State coming off a last second loss in Ireland and a long trip home. Could the Seminoles start 0-2?

Closer to home and involving another future Buff opponent the Sheep of CSU (5-7) go to the slaughter in Austin at (4) Texas.

Air Force (9-4) who only returns 4 starters plays their yearly tune-up opponent, this year it’s FCS Merrimack.

Wyoming (9-4) is looking for the upset of a P4 school at Arizona State (3-9.)

B12 Conference members are mostly playing free win games like (21) Arizona hosting New Mexico (0-1) who has already lost to an FCS school. An exception has Houston (4-8) playing UNLV (9-5) in a game that the oddsmakers have as a close one.

Our local FCS (barely) school UNC starts it’s season at Incarnate Word, a team that destroyed the Bears 42-7 last year in Greeley.

Our local small colleges are getting right to business with quality games. For the top schools the early season OOC games can be significant when it comes time for playoff seeding.

Colorado Mines has been to the D2 Championship the last two years. They had significant losses to graduation but are still ranked #5 in the coaches poll. Western Colorado is ranked #15 and Pueblo also received votes. In the D2Football.com poll Mines was #7 and Western was #19.

Just like the bigger schools the schedule is heavy with Thursday games. Pueblo opens with a conference game at South Dakota Mines. Colorado Mesa plays at traditional power Texas A&M Kingsville who beat them last year 30-10 in Grand Junction.

Saturday Fart Lewis begins another embarrassing season at William Jewell College. William Jewell plays in a high school stadium and only won one other game last year but hammered the Skyhawks 30-10.

College football salad, everything chopped up, mixed up, and dressed up. The same ingredients in different places and it’s just the first course. All records listed are from last year.

Thursday night outside of our Buffs a lot of iceberg lettuce games, a big stack of different pieces but mostly without a lot of substance behind them. Most involve teams looking to pad their records and get off to a winning start with something that is fresh and not challenging. A lot of FCS or bad G5 teams taking a paycheck for a beating.

Breaking that pattern we have an ACC/B1G game with two teams that went bowling last year. North Carolina (8-5) at Minnesota (6-7.)

Friday as well has a bigger than normal plate of games but the only one involving two power conference schools puts TCU (5-7) at Stanford (3-9.)

Saturday we finally get a game between two ranked P4 teams. (1) Georgia hosts (14) Clemson but with the Bulldogs favored by almost 2 TDs things may be going a little stale for Dabo and the Tigers.

A more interesting match-up has (8) Penn State at West Virginia (9-4.) Surprising to see Pedo State on the road against a quality opponent this early in the season.

Big rivalry game on the plate. (19) Miami at Florida (5-7.) Both schools are used to it but temps in the high 80’s/low 90’s with high humidity. Lot’s of talent on the field, the Gators have been failing to live up to expectations in recent years.

Saturday evening we have the “Can they both please lose” game of the week. (7) Notre Dame at (20) Texas A&M, weird visits weirder.

A Saturday game involving a future Buff opponent has Nebraska (5-7) in their search for the ultimate cream puff opponent may have found it in UTEP (3-9), historically one of the worst programs in college football. If the fuskers can manage to lose to the Miners (as in minor program?) the meltdown would be epic even by cornflake standards.

With no NFL games we get a Sunday game and it could be a good one. (13) LSU and (23) USC meet in Vegas. LSU (10-3) and USC (8-5) have both failed to meet their fans expectations in recent years as well. This could get one of them off to a bad start.

There is also a Monday night game. Boston College (7-6) catches (10) Florida State coming off a last second loss in Ireland and a long trip home. Could the Seminoles start 0-2?

Closer to home and involving another future Buff opponent the Sheep of CSU (5-7) go to the slaughter in Austin at (4) Texas.

Air Force (9-4) who only returns 4 starters plays their yearly tune-up opponent, this year it’s FCS Merrimack.

Wyoming (9-4) is looking for the upset of a P4 school at Arizona State (3-9.)

B12 Conference members are mostly playing free win games like (21) Arizona hosting New Mexico (0-1) who has already lost to an FCS school. An exception has Houston (4-8) playing UNLV (9-5) in a game that the oddsmakers have as a close one.

Our local FCS (barely) school UNC starts it’s season at Incarnate Word, a team that destroyed the Bears 42-7 last year in Greeley.

Our local small colleges are getting right to business with quality games. For the top schools the early season OOC games can be significant when it comes time for playoff seeding.

Colorado Mines has been to the D2 Championship the last two years. They had significant losses to graduation but are still ranked #5 in the coaches poll. Western Colorado is ranked #15 and Pueblo also received votes. In the D2Football.com poll Mines was #7 and Western was #19.

Just like the bigger schools the schedule is heavy with Thursday games. Pueblo opens with a conference game at South Dakota Mines. Colorado Mesa plays at traditional power Texas A&M Kingsville who beat them last year 30-10 in Grand Junction.

Saturday Fart Lewis begins another embarrassing season at William Jewell College. William Jewell plays in a high school stadium and only won one other game last year but hammered the Skyhawks 30-10.
Quit making fun of the Fort Godamnit, even though I have no idea who the fvck William Jewell College is? The other games, I'll pay attention to some, but Thursday is all I give a damn about really.

Quit making fun of the Fort Godamnit, even though I have no idea who the fvck William Jewell College is? The other games, I'll pay attention to some, but Thursday is all I give a damn about really.
I don't make fun of them, I just report the sad facts. They bring the criticism on themselves with their joke of a program.

It isn't like the bar to respectability is that high. Build a decent enough team to beat Adams State and Highlands occasionally and the insults can all go to Greeley.

Sure. Its going to be a pro-UGA crowd and a game they cruise in.
Don't think 60/40 but Clemson fans will show up, could be 30%.

Also think that Dabo is lost fighting all the changes with the portal, NIL, changes in recruiting, etc.

Unless Georgia just doesn't have it together the Clemson fans will be leaving before the final whistle.

Don't think 60/40 but Clemson fans will show up, could be 30%.

Also think that Dabo is lost fighting all the changes with the portal, NIL, changes in recruiting, etc.

Unless Georgia just doesn't have it together the Clemson fans will be leaving before the final whistle.
It seems so weird to say this, but I don't think Dabo would be a hot commodity for P4 openings if he and Clemson separated. That would have been unthinkable 3 years ago.

I don't make fun of them, I just report the sad facts. They bring the criticism on themselves with their joke of a program.

It isn't like the bar to respectability is that high. Build a decent enough team to beat Adams State and Highlands occasionally and the insults can all go to Greeley.
Was Barney their last decent coach?

Was Barney their last decent coach?
Bill Cooke who followed GB was decent.

The best was John Smith who had won 6 conference championships at other schools before coming to FLC including at the FCS level. He was 7-4 in his last year 2015 before being hired away by another school willing to put more resources into the program (Kentucky State.)

Kind of shocking to consider that we are now in 2024 and they haven't won a game in the 2020's and there is a decent chance they don't win one this year.

Sure. It’s going to be a pro-UGA crowd and a game they cruise in.

Clemson fans took over Maryland’s upper deck in 2001 when I was at that game. Clemson fans travel well and 50-50 is more likely since there probably is a large Clemson alumni base in metro Atlanta. You are underestimating Clemson fan support in this case.

Clemson fans took over Maryland’s upper deck in 2001 when I was at that game. Clemson fans travel well and 50-50 is more likely since there probably is a large Clemson alumni base in metro Atlanta. You are underestimating Clemson fan support in this case.
Dabo is losing people there IMO. The "Tyler from Spartanburg" stuff is case in point. He refuses to play the NIL game and they don't do the portal.

Georgia's going to obliterate them.

Dabo is losing people there IMO. The "Tyler from Spartanburg" stuff is case in point. He refuses to play the NIL game and they don't do the portal.

Georgia's going to obliterate them.

Clemson is using NIL just not the transfer portal.

I agree that UGA wins and covers, not sure about a blowout though.

some really good games to open up this year...

like everyone, i have my eye on uga v. clemson. amazingly to me, dabo has to prove it. they are still stacked but i think uga is going to roll them pretty good.

atm is due for a breakthrough win and nd is always overrated. i think that one will be a statement game and laying a loss on the irish early always helps later in the cfp convo.

i love lsu over usc. and yes my hate may be blinding me. last year, i probably would have begrudgingly rooted for usc to help the pac. now? after what they did to the pac, i hope they get obliterated. it will pain me to see an sec team crush a highly rated non-sec team but they have it coming.

miami v. uf is a good one-- we will see if either are really on their way to "back."

remember, when watching the other games this year, we have a chance to breakthrough and be relevant again. thus, i will use the old strategy and try to figure out if a result may end up being good or bad for CU's chances and ranking this year. root accordingly.

we absolutely cannot **** the bed against an fcs team if this thing is going to happen.

GO BUFFS!

Now that USC is not in our conference, I feel like I can actually sort of root for them. Especially going against OSU, Mich, Nebraska, Oregon.

Also, I just can’t see aTm being good.

some really good games to open up this year...

like everyone, i have my eye on uga v. clemson. amazingly to me, dabo has to prove it. they are still stacked but i think uga is going to roll them pretty good.

atm is due for a breakthrough win and nd is always overrated. i think that one will be a statement game and laying a loss on the irish early always helps later in the cfp convo.

i love lsu over usc. and yes my hate may be blinding me. last year, i probably would have begrudgingly rooted for usc to help the pac. now? after what they did to the pac, i hope they get obliterated. it will pain me to see an sec team crush a highly rated non-sec team but they have it coming.

miami v. uf is a good one-- we will see if either are really on their way to "back."

remember, when watching the other games this year, we have a chance to breakthrough and be relevant again. thus, i will use the old strategy and try to figure out if a result may end up being good or bad for CU's chances and ranking this year. root accordingly.

we absolutely cannot **** the bed against an fcs team if this thing is going to happen.

GO BUFFS!
A&M is one of those programs where underachieving is a core element of their existence but even they don't match U$C in that department.

What Riley does is a perfect match for SC. Amazing talent at the WR positions, top rated QBs and RBs, top flight DBs, a sprinkling of high draft choice talent at other positions, and get blown up when it matters on the LOS and on defense in general. I could see the Trojans looking good most of the game then LSU laying it on them in the 4th quarter.

Meanwhile as much as I would love to see ND take an early loss Aggie is going to Aggie and again all their millions are going to get them a second tier bowl game.

UCF leading 6-0 against UNH…looks like KJ Jefferson is still adjusting to being on a different team.

Guess the mods aren't allowing a game thread today for some reason.

Offense looks very good, refs have missed a number of holds on NDSU this drive that lead to 1st downs. Secondary has got to lock it down, they're getting beat like a red headed step child.

Watching UNC-Minnesota game and those MN unis remind me of the god awful Broncos mustard and brown (without the vert. striped socks)

Watching UNC-Minnesota game and those MN unis remind me of the god awful Broncos mustard and brown (without the vert. striped socks)
We'd beat both of them.

Minnesota looks like they want it more than UNC.

From what little I've seen of this game both offenses have been bad. UNC's strater went out with an injury. There were a few crazy plays on that last Minnesota drive that ended in a FG

Both of these teams look down from the past few years.

I root for Mack Brown, so I'm happy about the result.

Gopher kicker is unlikely to get laid this weekend.

Back