What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 8/29 - 9/2

Incredibly bad on both sides of the ball.

Letting BC just run straight through your face over and over and over....
Yep, they only got out rushed 263 to 21 is a what I heard a few minutes ago. Certain people were picking FSU to win the natty for Christ Sake. Umm, I wonder if they even make a bowl now. Probably gonna be looking for a new head coach too.

I'm not sure what Norvell thought he was getting in DJU. He was the 8th best QB in the Pac12 last year. Over his career, he doesn't even complete 60% of his passes. If his name was Joe Smith, no top 25 program in their right mind would have looked at him as a plug and play transfer let alone someone who could help you compete for a conference championship and the playoffs.

Again, when we all have those moments where we wonder WTAF is HCP doing, we need to take a beat and realize 95% of these other coaches aren't exactly needle sharp themselves.

I'm not sure what Norvell thought he was getting in DJU. He was the 8th best QB in the Pac12 last year. Over his career, he doesn't even complete 60% of his passes. If his name was Joe Smith, no top 25 program in their right mind would have looked at him as a plug and play transfer let alone someone who could help you compete for a conference championship and the playoffs.

Again, when we all have those moments where we wonder WTAF is HCP doing, we need to take a beat and realize 95% of these other coaches aren't exactly needle sharp themselves.
I watched last night and FULLY expected Florida State to lose because of DJ U.

I am not some paid analyst that grew up playing with and evaluating talent.... maybe because I played with crappy athletes, I could see one easier...

How are these pundits SURPRISED by Florida State?

Yep, they only got out rushed 263 to 21 is a what I heard a few minutes ago. Certain people were picking FSU to win the natty for Christ Sake. Umm, I wonder if they even make a bowl now. Probably gonna be looking for a new head coach too.
Don't know that crashing this hard is going to cost Norvell his job but it has to put him on the hot seat for next year.

Meanwhile going from top ten to bottom ten has to set the program back at least a couple years, and if they change coaches that transition takes some time.

They have top 10 talent at a lot of other positions but somehow Norvell put all his QB eggs in one basket with DJU, I don't know what else they have but it's time to find out.

Worst thing for FSU is that it looked to me in the second half last night (and even some against Georgia Tech) that the other players on the team don't have confidence in him, they look like a team that is expecting their QB to fail.

I could easily see a lot of FSU players who were expecting to be playoff contenders this year decide that the season is over and either start getting themselves ready for the draft or be looking at the portal.

Amazing how one key player decision can do major damage to a program.

Don't know that crashing this hard is going to cost Norvell his job but it has to put him on the hot seat for next year.

Meanwhile going from top ten to bottom ten has to set the program back at least a couple years, and if they change coaches that transition takes some time.

They have top 10 talent at a lot of other positions but somehow Norvell put all his QB eggs in one basket with DJU, I don't know what else they have but it's time to find out.

Worst thing for FSU is that it looked to me in the second half last night (and even some against Georgia Tech) that the other players on the team don't have confidence in him, they look like a team that is expecting their QB to fail.

I could easily see a lot of FSU players who were expecting to be playoff contenders this year decide that the season is over and either start getting themselves ready for the draft or be looking at the portal.

Amazing how one key player decision can do major damage to a program.
In the 4 qtr no one wanted to look him in the eye or be anywhere near him. Dude was on a lonely island.

Obligatory:
Balling Saturday Night Live GIF by The Lonely Island

I'm sad there is no football tonight.
No college football until Friday this week unless you want to see some quality D2 games.

Just posted the new other games thread. All RMAC games are streamed, not great production quality but the PAC12 network got us used to that.

No college football until Friday this week unless you want to see some quality D2 games.

Just posted the new other games thread. All RMAC games are streamed, not great production quality but the PAC12 network got us used to that.
I'll pass on watching the Fort, my school will probably lose by 60 or 70.:confused:

To be fair, the top 7 QBs in the Pac12 last year were all like top 20 nationally.

I think the 2023 Pac12 QBs may have been the best group from one conference ever.

To be fair, the top 7 QBs in the Pac12 last year were all like top 20 nationally.

I think the 2023 Pac12 QBs may have been the best group from one conference ever.
You are right but DJU certainly didn't stand out in the group.

He had good stats at Clemson but tended to not handle big games well. That is why they benched him before the conference championship leading to his transfer.

Again at Oregon State he looked very good against weaker teams, struggled against better ones. Had a completion percentage below 58% which isn't good in the offense they were running.

He's a pretty good college QB but when you have top 10 talent and playoff ambitions like FSU has pretty good doesn't cut it. You need a QB who can show up in the big games and he isn't it.

Back