What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread Nov. 5th-7th

President of the University went to DC to get COVID, so the care and concern is pretty low. Very reckless, very poor self control

Also, I'm gonna admit this-- I actually cried after the first TD. It was so incredible to see the Buffs the after the aboslute ****show 2020 has been. I said to my sister prior to the game, that I had no idea what to expect from these buffs-- but just seeing them take the field would be enough to feel like a win. With the election results today, and the buffs returning during a pandemic shortened season, i couldn't help it. I really love this university, and I'm so happy for Karl Dorrell.

Rough day for anyone hoping that the SEC or ACC doesn't get 2 teams in with ND and Florida both winning today

Klatt thinks Cincinnati is playoff bound, so that crosses off one spot.

Texas A&M, ND, Miami, and Cincinnati are all very much in in play assuming Bama wins the SEC and Clemson wins the ACC. And tOSU wins the B1G, so that only leaves 1 spot. A Pac12 team is a long shot at best

Texas A&M, ND, Miami, and Cincinnati are all very much in in play assuming Bama wins the SEC and Clemson wins the ACC. And tOSU wins the B1G, so that only leaves 1 spot. A Pac12 team is a long shot at best

I was joking about Cincinnati, mostly. I think a lot of things have to break their way for that to happen.

Probably the only way a Pac-12 team has a shot is if USC and Oregon both go undefeated and one beats the other convincingly in the title game. Even so, probably a few things would have to break their way.

Watching WSU lead OSU 28-7 midway through the 3Q. Reminds me of UCLA having the edge with experience and an established coaching staff and yet losing in Boulder. Still plenty of time for an OSU comeback.

I was joking about Cincinnati, mostly. I think a lot of things have to break their way for that to happen.

Probably the only way a Pac-12 team has a shot is if USC and Oregon both go undefeated and one beats the other convincingly in the title game. Even so, probably a few things would have to break their way.

If ND wins out in the regular season and then loses to Clemson in the ACCCG then it's gonna be tough to deny those 2. Throw in A&M winning out with Bama as SEC champ and they have a tough decision assuming tOSU is sitting there at 8-0

LOL - my high school's was too. I went to an Air Force/Notre Dame game when I was a kid and wondered why they were playing the high school fight song.

I remember we went to a HS game when I was still in junior high. My dad said: "why is Lake View's band playing the Notre Dame fight song?" LOL! Almost 30 years later, I can still play it on the flute.

If ND wins out in the regular season and then loses to Clemson in the ACCCG then it's gonna be tough to deny those 2. Throw in A&M winning out with Bama as SEC champ and they have a tough decision assuming tOSU is sitting there at 8-0

Here's my take on Clemson/ND: if Clemson is at full strength in a ACC title game between the two teams, they're going to win by 2 TDs. At that point, looking at the circumstances in game one and the circumstances in game two, you know Clemson is the better team.

I get the idea of "earning a spot", but if team A is already in the playoff, and you know that team B is not as good as team A, why not give team C a shot?

Going to be an amazing show if we get to the end of the season and a team is qualified for their conference championships or even the playoff and can't participate because of C-19 cases.

What is going to be A&M's best win at the end of the season? After Florida, the dropoff is steep.

Last edited:
What is going to be A&M's best win at the end of the season? After Florida, the dropoff is steep.
I don't see them keeping an undefeated P5 school (even Oregon at 7-0) out of the playoff unless you have ND and Clemson with one loss at the end of the year in two close games with each other and you have Oregon and OSU undefeated.

Sure. I suppose Auburn could help their case by winning a couple more. It would certainly depend on who they're being compared against. But I'd give the edge to ND and Clemson if those 2 both finish with 1 loss

I don't see them keeping an undefeated P5 school (even Oregon at 7-0) out of the playoff unless you have ND and Clemson with one loss at the end of the year in two close games with each other and you have Oregon and OSU undefeated.
What if UF beats Bama?

What if UF beats Bama?

There's a couple scenarios like that that could keep an undefeated Oregon from getting in. It also depends on how impressive Oregon is all season and if USC was also undefeated that would help a lot.

Or if Florida beats Alabama

Yeah-maybe....I think Florida's a great team. I like Trask a lot. Alabama's a different animal than UGA is-Smart is trying to win the using the same playbook Saban did before Lane Kiffin went to Alabama. You put Florida and Alabama on a neutral field right now I'm still taking the Tide.

We've never seen the committee take a conference championship game loser and I don't think that will change this year.

Last edited:
Back