What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 10/27-10/29

That's a good measure as well. I suppose that came, in football, a few years after Hawaii became the 50th state.
depends on your critieria for integration. first black player in NCAA football was 1889. 'Bama was still fielding all-white teams in 1970.

So the Cubs have never won a world series???

Pretty much. They won something called the World Series that is irrelevant except to baseball stat geeks. I don't think much of NHL records based on when the league had 6 teams, either.

Pretty much. They won something called the World Series that is irrelevant except to baseball stat geeks. I don't think much of NHL records based on when the league had 6 teams, either.

Interesting fact that my dad told me - major league baseball had black players in the 19th century. However, when the American Association (not to be confused with the American League) merged with the National League, Cap Anson of the Chicago team (later to be known as the Cubs), who was an unrepentant racist, refused to play teams with black players, and as such, the new teams that joined the NL from the American Association were not allowed to have black players. Apparently, some black players who were already on former AA teams' rosters were allowed to continue to play, but the teams could not bring on any new black players.

Because of the most likely uncomfortable situation, and the emergence of the ***** Leagues, the black players who were on the former AA teams' rosters left relatively quickly, and the NL was an all-white league until Jackie Robinson.

EDIT: Apparently n-e-g-r-o is a bad word?

I'm not sure what I think of pre-playoff natties.

On one hand there is CU's championship. No playoff but it's important.

Then there are natties from a time before 2 entity voting. Hell, a team may have been the subject of a Better Homes and Gardens article in 1915 stating they were the best team, and lo and behold, a fanbase full believes they're entitled to a trophy.

Finally, a few weeks back there was an announcement that okie lite had been awarded the 1945 college football national championship. Yep, you read that right. I'll post a link if I can find it.

Navy is only ranked based on their win over Houston, but other than that their schedule has been very underwhelming.

Fresno jumps out early on AFA with a deep TD pass after AF fumbled the ball on their first possession.. Side note the Fresno uni's look like they are playing in their pajamas.

Hard to figure how AF started the season so hot and have now fallen apart. They don't look like the same team.

Back