What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 hires MGM's George Kliavkoff to replace Larry Scott as commissioner

I’ll have to go back and look at it. For some reason I feel like I was missing something vital with sling and had get another service to cover down. Not having to do any of it last year, and just keep my Hulu live, was kind of nice.

Yeah I'm in the same boat-I have Youtube TV. Thankfully my parents are alums so I'm either going to the UNC/Minny games or (depending on my volleyball schedule-I referee that too. Easy $ and hot coaches galore) gonna watch those two with them.

I think if college football goes PPV, it will be another huge nail in it's coffin.

You're taking away an opportunity for those who aren't already fans to get exposed to the sport. You're reducing the number of people who will be talking about last night's game at the proverbial water fountain (or more relevant, the number of kids talking about it at school the next day).

I believe that PPV is one of the primary reasons boxing lost its polarity so quickly. My colleagues in Malaysia blame F1 going PPV for the sport's popularity decline in APAC.

I think if college football goes PPV, it will be another huge nail in it's coffin.

You're taking away an opportunity for those who aren't already fans to get exposed to the sport. You're reducing the number of people who will be talking about last night's game at the proverbial water fountain (or more relevant, the number of kids talking about it at school the next day).

I believe that PPV is one of the primary reasons boxing lost its polarity so quickly. My colleagues in Malaysia blame F1 going PPV for the sport's popularity decline in APAC.
Yeah PPV sucks but this is what people get for bitching about cable/sat prices

If CFBnwent PPV, i don't think I'd ever watch a game that didn't include one of my teams.

Yeah unless they were on at a bar or a buddy bought it to watch his team I wouldn’t either
This is exactly what what I was talking about earlier ITT. Very few people would buy games or packages that didn’t include their team of choice. I can’t imagine that kind of revenue model would be more profitable than keeping with the networks

This is exactly what what I was talking about earlier ITT. Very few people would buy games or packages that didn’t include their team of choice. I can’t imagine that kind of revenue model would be more profitable than keeping with the networks
short term PPV is more profitable for high earners. Long term it destroys the sport. see: Boxing.

short term PPV is more profitable for high earners. Long term it destroys the sport. see: Boxing.
PPV didn’t destroy boxing, the UFC relied on a ppv model to become a business worth over 4 billion.

That said, I don’t think a ppv model could work for college football. Maybe a premium tier on a streaming service.

PPV didn’t destroy boxing, the UFC relied on a ppv model to become a business worth over 4 billion.

That said, I don’t think a ppv model could work for college football. Maybe a premium tier on a streaming service.
Well ****, it sounded good. How did UFC thrive and boxing die then?

isnt UFC largely on the major networks now though? Fox comes to mind

isnt UFC largely on the major networks now though? Fox comes to mind
They’re currently exclusively on ESPN and are driving ESPN+ subscriptions because that’s where they now sell their ppvs.

They were previously on Fox but it took them like 20 years to get there. Also, ironically what really got them mainstream momentum was a reality tv show on Spike. But ppv has always been the centerpiece of their business model.

They’re currently exclusively on ESPN and are driving ESPN+ subscriptions because that’s where they now sell their ppvs.

They were previously on Fox but it took them like 20 years to get there. Also, ironically what really got them mainstream momentum was a reality tv show on Spike. But ppv has always been the centerpiece of their business model.
Their PPV following is intense. 7.9M subscribers. $60 bucks per year before prove increase. Math.

Their PPV following is intense. 7.9M subscribers. $60 bucks per year before prove increase. Math.
This is going to sound ridiculous, but $480MM/year (60x 8mm) in a world where a lot of sports media contracts are valued in the billions, isn't all that much.

And when you consider the number of fighters, trainers, gyms, production people, venues, etc, etc, it's just another a business where the money is good for some, ok for some more, and kinda ****ty (especially when you consider what they're actually doing) for most.

This is going to sound ridiculous, but $480MM/year (60x 8mm) in a world where a lot of sports media contracts are valued in the billions, isn't all that much.

And when you consider the number of fighters, trainers, gyms, production people, venues, etc, etc, it's just another a business where the money is good for some, ok for some more, and kinda ****ty (especially when you consider what they're actually doing) for most.
Did you do 60 x 8 x 12?

GIF by Achievement Hunter

Went to login for my account and I could start Sling Orange & Sports Extra for $21 and then it goes up to a normal $46 per month.

View attachment 45824
Yep, just went to look this up as well. $46/month just for the P12N is nuts - I’ve already got Hulu live which is a better deal overall than sling. But Fubo is even worse. Anyone have any other options? *none of the cable providers in Corpus Christi carry P12N.

Yep, just went to look this up as well. $46/month just for the P12N is nuts - I’ve already got Hulu live which is a better deal overall than sling. But Fubo is even worse. Anyone have any other options? *none of the cable providers in Corpus Christi carry P12N.
We have Dish. Got Dish when the Pac-12 Network started and it was the only way to get P12N in Houston, and we’ve been happy with it ever since.

Stop being cheap

Not sure if joking. I will do it if it is the only option, do you have to admit that paying $46 what channel is ridiculous
If and only if you keep your current internet/cable tv setup is adding the channel $46. There are other options where it is cheaper.

Step 1: Change to an internet only cable subscription instead of an internet and tv subscription. Your cost on this will be lower.
Step 2: Sign up for a sling, fubo or dish subscription to deliver your tv.
Step 3: Add the two bills together and compare to your current bill - chances are it will be surprisingly close to what you're paying now.

Back