What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 hires MGM's George Kliavkoff to replace Larry Scott as commissioner

It's like yours, but without the law school, a cooler service and an operational focus. Now that I think about it, I think you're my nemesis.

Also, my left half is bio-technical, the result of a helo-UFO collision that is highly classified.
I had it on good authority those choppers pretty much flew themselves. And maybe you haven’t heard, but we’ve got the Space Force rolling with us now, so…
Space Force GIF

Sounds like the core functions of an Athletics Director, Associate (to the) Athletics Director. Speaking of…

Feels like a great idea, and the more publicity the better. Why not activate every single PAC12 alumni football player in some way or another.

Gives me at least some hope CU figures it out. Kliavkoff needs to keep applying pressure here, which he has, and he will continue to do.

I also think, if we look statistically at underlying youth and high school football participation rates over the last decade or so, those have dropped more significantly on the West Coast than they have in the Southeast or the Midwest or almost anywhere else in the country, and those are our primary recruiting territories. That’s a long-term issue that we have to deal with and figure out how to work around.

We have to be better about keeping our four- and five-stars in our footprint at our schools, and we have to be better about recruiting out of territory, particularly in my opinion offensive and defensive linemen. I watched a lot of nonconference games this year, and I think we need bigger, stronger, faster kids on our lines to compete nationally. And that will require some expansion of our current recruiting territories.

I also think, if we look statistically at underlying youth and high school football participation rates over the last decade or so, those have dropped more significantly on the West Coast than they have in the Southeast or the Midwest or almost anywhere else in the country, and those are our primary recruiting territories. That’s a long-term issue that we have to deal with and figure out how to work around.

We have to be better about keeping our four- and five-stars in our footprint at our schools, and we have to be better about recruiting out of territory, particularly in my opinion offensive and defensive linemen. I watched a lot of nonconference games this year, and I think we need bigger, stronger, faster kids on our lines to compete nationally. And that will require some expansion of our current recruiting territories.
Wait a minute, does this guy actually get it?

I haven’t read much of him but this article is bang on. Recruiting sucks (especially linemen), scheduling 9 conference games and 20 years into the future is dumb. Pac 12 schools need a huge push to reinvest in football. I like this guy now

C92977DF-5FAD-405B-AE35-FC44CFB6DF79.gif

Someone wake me up when he announces a deal with DTV to carry the Pac. You want kids outside of the Pac footprint to be interested in the conference, maybe having games on a tv channel people can watch would be a good first step. Step #2, maybe less games starting at 11pm eastern time

Someone wake me up when he announces a deal with DTV to carry the Pac. You want kids outside of the Pac footprint to be interested in the conference, maybe having games on a tv channel people can watch would be a good first step. Step #2, maybe less games starting at 11pm eastern time
Eh, the P12N not being on DTV isn't the biggest issue. I rarely watch games on the SEC or B1G networks and I would bet that goes for most people here as well.

The biggest issue is getting the Noon, 3:30 and 7pm ET slots more frequently on the big networks. Of course, since the Pac 12 doesn't have a team in the CTZ, we very rarely are going to get the Noon slot. Negotiating the Pac 12 having at least one of the other two time slots every week is going to be huge in the next media deal.

Going forward, USC and Oregon should almost never be relegated to the Pac 12 Network, regardless of opponent.

Eh, the P12N not being on DTV isn't the biggest issue. I rarely watch games on the SEC or B1G networks and I would bet that goes for most people here as well.

The biggest issue is getting the Noon, 3:30 and 7pm ET slots more frequently on the big networks. Of course, since the Pac 12 doesn't have a team in the CTZ, we very rarely are going to get the Noon slot. Negotiating the Pac 12 having at least one of the other two time slots every week is going to be huge in the next media deal.

Going forward, USC and Oregon should almost never be relegated to the Pac 12 Network, regardless of opponent.
Especially since directv is bleeding subscribers and cash.

Back