What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Network is restructuring

Directv is slashing their own throat. With all the streaming services out there and a lot of them are new to the game. Directv should be more willing to drop the price they charge these networks. They have been around about 30 years now, they should be streamlined and proficient by now. Instead, they are typical corporate greed and the CEO and a few up the food chain will bail at the last minute, with a huge golden chute of course.
As usual the paying customer are being screwed all the way to the end.

I think all those guys are gone and got their chute on the ATT merger.

I just cancelled DTV a couple of weeks ago and was amazed at how accommodating they were without even batting an eye. Complete 180 from a few years ago when you would call and threaten to cancel and they would bring in a manager and ask you would it would take to keep you as a customer. Now it was just like, ok sure.

Now that theyre a subsidiary instead of on their own they have to answer to one man instead of thousands of share holders.

Last edited:
AT&T’s carriage contract with the Walt Disney Company will run out at the end of this month, and both sides are struggling to reach an agreement. If one is not reached soon, DirecTV and U-Verse viewers could lose the ESPN networks, as well as the Disney Channel, Freeform, and eight ABC affiliates directly owned by Disney (six of which are in markets with NFL, NBA, and MLB franchises).

Disney has little to lose, as it can woo aggrieved customers over to its over-the-top streaming services, ESPN+ and Disney+. Link

In my humble opinion DTV is on its way to being the next AOL

https://www.engadget.com/2019/09/18/att-may-split-with-directv-satellite-unit/

I'd like to think this is because DTV wouldn't carry P12Networks, but I know that's not the case. I wonder if all TV devolves into subscription streaming, but with packages people will actually want.

I believe ATT is going to push out the satelite business and maybe the name but they are launching ATT TV which could be the replacement of DTV.

Larry Scott better strike up a deal with ATT TV or he's FIRED!

AT&T is a poorly run company and it is starting to show. They have always grown through acquisition and many of their acquisitions have been poor. They overpaid for Direct TV and probably Time Warner. They keep focusing on acquisitions instead of their core businesses. They have $180 Billion of debt and are cash strapped to do things like develop content if they want to stream or invest in infrastructure to roll out 5G. They have to spend $12 Billion per year to reduce debt.

AT&T is a poorly run company and it is starting to show. They have always grown through acquisition and many of their acquisitions have been poor. They overpaid for Direct TV and probably Time Warner. They keep focusing on acquisitions instead of their core businesses. They have $180 Billion of debt and are cash strapped to do things like develop content if they want to stream or invest in infrastructure to roll out 5G. They have to spend $12 Billion per year to reduce debt.
What is their core business any more? I think they've been trying to figure that out since the company was broken up decades ago into AT&T, the baby Bells and Lucent. I don't think it's telecomm. Maybe it is television now?

What is their core business any more? I think they've been trying to figure that out since the company was broken up decades ago into AT&T, the baby Bells and Lucent. I don't think it's telecomm. Maybe it is television now?
Wireless is still greater than 50% of EBITDA after these acquisitions according CNBC

The decline of DTV is not their fault. Reed Hastings is a better target.

The overpaid for DTV like Time overpaid for AOL.

I am sure that I am beating a dead horse but it's 11:45 PM out east and the game just entered half time.

I understand that the Pac 12 is a west coast conference but jeez I guess they don't even care about those EST dollars at all? Heh.

I am sure that I am beating a dead horse but it's 11:45 PM out east and the game just entered half time.

I understand that the Pac 12 is a west coast conference but jeez I guess they don't even care about those EST dollars at all? Heh.

No.

The overall production value is really bad. Missed snaps from showing replays, no info on injured players, ****ty camera angles. I don’t blame tv providers for not wanting to carry this **** in their lineup.

The overall production value is really bad. Missed snaps from showing replays, no info on injured players, ****ty camera angles. I don’t blame tv providers for not wanting to carry this **** in their lineup.
Also the line of scrimmage and first down lines are constantly in the wrong spot.

Also the line of scrimmage and first down lines are constantly in the wrong spot.
They needed to just turn that **** off until they solved the problem. You had to actively remember they were wrong and focus on the down and distance when those markers have taught me I didn’t have to think about it much over the past decade. That was really bad.

Customer dissatisfaction.

I met my wife and mistakenly switched from Verizon to ATT to take advantage of the cheaper service and bundling. I lasted 2 months before I wanted to pull my hair out over the horrible cell service they have. The only thing worse than their cell service is their customer service, it is beyond bad and possibly rivals the worst service I’ve ever received. I spent months fighting with India over my final bill, I ended up screaming at people on the phone I was so frustrated.

now I have to pay the price for the rest of my life because when I left Verizon I lost my loyalty (14 years) and my cheap unlimited plan I had from before data was a thing. Now I have to pay $200 a ****ing month for Verizon. **** you AT&T!

I met my wife and mistakenly switched from Verizon to ATT to take advantage of the cheaper service and bundling. I lasted 2 months before I wanted to pull my hair out over the horrible cell service they have. The only thing worse than their cell service is their customer service, it is beyond bad and possibly rivals the worst service I’ve ever received. I spent months fighting with India over my final bill, I ended up screaming at people on the phone I was so frustrated.

now I have to pay the price for the rest of my life because when I left Verizon I lost my loyalty (14 years) and my cheap unlimited plan I had from before data was a thing. Now I have to pay $200 a ****ing month for Verizon. **** you AT&T!

I made the AT&T wireless mistake too about 13 years ago after having Verizon the previous 5 years. I was attempting to be budget conscious. That switch back couldn’t happen more quickly! AT&T is dreadful.

I made the AT&T wireless mistake too about 13 years ago after having Verizon the previous 5 years. I was attempting to be budget conscious. That switch back couldn’t happen more quickly! AT&T is dreadful.

And that’s saying it nicely! They annoy me now with all their fake marketing bull**** too. Marketing about being the only carrier with 5G Internet last year and it was slightly upgraded 4G. I don’t know how they haven’t got sued for false advertising.

Removing private equity firms and focusing on tech and media partners has “kind of slowed down the process,’’ Scott said.

“But it also has been really helpful for the presidents and chancellors … to get a look-in. It has been a confidence builder to see the reaction we’ve gotten, to say, Hey, we know we’ve had our challenges. We know we’ve fallen behind when it comes to (Pac-12) network distribution, network revenue. But our strategy, and what is likely going to happen, has really been validated by this process and the interest that we’ve had.’’

Dish is in a dispute with the Big 10 Network and it is locked out for now. Dish has been in a dispute with HBO and haven't carried it for at least 9 months. Maybe longer.

Dish is in a dispute with the Big 10 Network and it is locked out for now. Dish has been in a dispute with HBO and haven't carried it for at least 9 months. Maybe longer.
They are in a dispute with Fox as well. No fox or FS1 games this weekend. Sucky

Back