What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Predictions for RMS

God damn that is one delusional fan base in Ft. Collins. They wouldn't know good football if it came up and bit them in the ass.

To be fair, they are on their own webste being delusional. Never happens here.

I think allbuffs does a good job on calling out the delusion. This might not have happened in the past but these last few years have beaten the optimism out of most of us.

At ramnation it seems to be all delusion all the time. The occasional time that someone says something not pro CSU they get torn apart. This leads to their fan base only hearing positive things and creates people like gasm.

Still no word on if this Tonga guy that CSU fans are placing their hopes and dreams with made it in to school

I heard that the staff found out last week that he qualified. Hopefully in pads and at practice this week. With two weeks to go, it's going to be difficult for the guy to get into game shape.

I heard that the staff found out last week that he qualified. Hopefully in pads and at practice this week. With two weeks to go, it's going to be difficult for the guy to get into game shape.

The whole situation with Tonga sounds eerily familiar to the plight of Andre Simmons.

I heard he is going to use the 1st quarter to get into game shape and dominate the rest of the game.

ya, that is bad. Hard to base your D around him early on if he doesn't even know what he is supposed to do. Wonder how much of the playbook he has seen.

ya, that is bad. Hard to base your D around him early on if he doesn't even know what he is supposed to do. Wonder how much of the playbook he has seen.

Not sure how familiar he is with the system at this point. Although I can't imagine playing the nose in 3-4 is all that difficult scheme wise. You basically man up on the center and try to shut down the interior gaps on either side depending on where the play is moving. CSU is desperate for depth at that position right now. If they can get even 15 plays out of him, it should at least help to keep other guys fresh.

Not sure how familiar he is with the system at this point. Although I can't imagine playing the nose in 3-4 is all that difficult scheme wise. You basically man up on the center and try to shut down the interior gaps on either side depending on where the play is moving. CSU is desperate for depth at that position right now. If they can get even 15 plays out of him, it should at least help to keep other guys fresh.
Fair nuff. Did he play in a two gap system at Juco? Pretty important that he knows the basic idea at least.

Looks like the Big 12 is not interested in CSU.

So what approach should CSU be taking?

"Be the best they can be with what they have and see what happens," Neinas said.
And that means in the Mountain West?

"Sure," he said. "They can become more attractive as a result of their programs achieving success in the Mountain West,
and that's the easiest way to gain attention."

Neinas' comments underscore the CSU reality: No moves made now, whether on the stadium or anything else, should be based on assuming a conference upgrade in the near future. The only conference upgrade for the foreseeable future is a re-strengthened Mountain West. Schools such as Boise State, Utah, TCU, Brigham Young and San Diego State used the league as a springboard, and while there's nothing wrong with CSU hoping to follow those leads, false hopes of joining another conference soon would be counterproductive.

Read more: Can CSU raise profile playing in a weakened Mountain West? - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/csu/ci_21...es-schools-new-ambitious-vision#ixzz23Z2GOyYm
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

I hope no one banned Gasm just yet...

Doesnt sound like Tonga was out there today....

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Fair nuff. Did he play in a two gap system at Juco? Pretty important that he knows the basic idea at least.
Pretty important to know when a cb backs out and you think its bump and run yes? Im sure your one of the ones that thinks Oregon is so infallible. Control the A gap with a team that does what they do, can we? **** reading the polotics board, U know everything already. Live it, bleed it, otherwise u look like a loudmouth liberal.

Pretty important to know when a cb backs out and you think its bump and run yes? Im sure your one of the ones that thinks Oregon is so infallible. Control the A gap with a team that does what they do, can we? **** reading the polotics board, U know everything already. Live it, bleed it, otherwise u look like a loudmouth liberal.
:rofl: If you aint making them hate you, you aint winning.

Also, did you miss a thread in barzil?

Rams lose RB Davon Riddick to a broken wrist... will require surgery. Sorry to see that happen to the young man, especially since he was just coming off a redshirt year.

Other injures:
DL Frentescu is still out with a foot injury
DB Josh Bowman (knee)
LB Charles Favor (knee)
TE Jake Levin (head/concussion)

I don't think any of the above are expected to be serious - just normal dings. The guys with knee issues are getting MRIs as a precaution. Bowman is a freshman, as is Frentescu. Favors is a Junior - but not sure if he was a major contributor. Levin played in all 12 games last season, and caught 9 passes for 110 yards and a TD.

Rams lose RB Davon Riddick to a broken wrist... will require surgery. Sorry to see that happen to the young man, especially since he was just coming off a redshirt year.

Other injures:
DB Josh Bowman (knee)
LB Charles Favor (knee)

I don't think any of the above are expected to be serious - just normal dings. The guys with knee issues are getting MRIs as a precaution. Bowman is a freshman, as is Frentescu. Favors is a Junior - but not sure if he was a major contributor. Levin played in all 12 games last season, and caught 9 passes for 110 yards and a TD.

Honestly injuries to their players and who or who does not play isn't going to determine who wins or loses the game. If CU comes in to the game with the right attitude our talent is good enough that we should dominate CSU no matter who is hurt.

Honestly injuries to their players and who or who does not play isn't going to determine who wins or loses the game. If CU comes in to the game with the right attitude our talent is good enough that we should dominate CSU no matter who is hurt.

So, you don't want me to report on our first opponent?

I think CSU losing any players is a big deal, considering how much they've already lost. They have some serious depth issues.

So, you don't want me to report on our first opponent?

I think CSU losing any players is a big deal, considering how much they've already lost. They have some serious depth issues.

Not saying I don't want the report. It's good to have an idea of what we are going to be looking at in the game. Also despite what we should do this game in the past has been more competitive than it should be. It's easy for CU to overlook a game against a 3-9 MWC team, for CSU this game is their one opportunity for recognition and the most important game on the schedule for their fans.

All I am saying is that if CU takes it seriously and plays reasonably well we should win regardless of who CSU plays or what they try to do.

Nope Snow I didnt miss it, I wont vote for either of them. They are both garbage and its funny how u devote yourself to defending Obama and that crap party. Someone as smart as u should just run, wtf, Id vote for you over them two. No more politics from me, there is no point to it.

Nope Snow I didnt miss it, I wont vote for either of them. They are both garbage and its funny how u devote yourself to defending Obama and that crap party. Someone as smart as u should just run, wtf, Id vote for you over them two. No more politics from me, there is no point to it.

No more of this people.

Luke, don't be so mean to your father.

Other injures:
DB Josh Bowman (knee)
LB Charles Favor (knee)

I don't think any were going to play at all vs CU. Favors would probably play kick offs and punts but thats it.

As for depth, yeah its a problem but we are still two deep with players with experience at every position except for DE, S and RB. CU's depth is more of a concern IMO

They back the corner on one side, what does that tell you about the coverage? U seem to know about football somewhat.

Youre not winning, be man enough to respond. He backed off about a second before the snap, tyler missed it, yet he was a bitch.

Ok. You need to slow down man. I'm not sure what I've done to piss in your cheerios, but I'm glad you liked the taste. Are you talking about a specific play? What, exactly, besides being a liberal, have I done to piss you off?

I don't think any were going to play at all vs CU. Favors would probably play kick offs and punts but thats it.

As for depth, yeah its a problem but we are still two deep with players with experience at every position except for DE, S and RB. CU's depth is more of a concern IMO

Maybe. I think we're better in the depth department then we've been in years. OL and DL are the main concerns there... and TE. But we have some guys at most of the rest of the positions - they're just young.

Is Tonga in yet?

Maybe. I think we're better in the depth department then we've been in years. OL and DL are the main concerns there... and TE. But we have some guys at most of the rest of the positions - they're just young.

Is Tonga in yet?

According to the RC board on Ramnation he is slated to start practicing today

Is Tonga in yet?

We heard on Monday that he would be in on Tuesday. I don't think he is making it.

Back