What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

No, I think it's a pretty unifying topic.

I don't understand plastic bottled water when we are lucky to have healthy tap water in most parts of our country.
I have a moral objection to bottled water. I only drink it on road trips bc I feel weird about asking the gas station if I can fill up my water bottle with their soda fountain machine. And I’m not gonna use the bathroom sink.

Currently, the hater narrative I'm seeing a lot is "only black players are interested in playing for Coach Prime and all his white coaches are leaving" so I guess there's a bit more openness with how focused people are on the racial aspects. I hadn't paid attention to it, but I think everyone we signed this year is AA which I guess supports the point they're trying to make. 🤷‍♂️

Currently, the hater narrative I'm seeing a lot is "only black players are interested in playing for Coach Prime and all his white coaches are leaving" so I guess there's a bit more openness with how focused people are on the racial aspects. I hadn't paid attention to it, but I think everyone we signed this year is AA which I guess supports the point they're trying to make. 🤷‍♂️
I was very surprised at the number of white players on the Jackson St team under Prime in with WOM videos, being an HBCU and all that.

Prime has never been shy about one of his stated missions of providing opportunities for black coaches and players. It does appear that we will have an all AA OL for the first time probably ever.

However, his first staff had a white OC/QB, OL, WR and TE coach along with a white DC/S and DL coach, so 60% of his original staff was white.

We'll see how this second year staff shakes out, but right now, the odds on favorites to replace the coordinators are also white (Shurmur and Zimmer), with the TE coach unknown and the DL coach also white.

1704086555503.gif

If you believe that there are a number of good to great coaches that have been systematically passed over for characteristics unrelated to their football coaching skills, then there is a competitive advantage to be had by specifically seeking those coaches out.

WTF?

Just seen this add in an article. An article about Underwoods commitment. Buff lock.

1704400732779.png

Prime has never been shy about one of his stated missions of providing opportunities for black coaches and players. It does appear that we will have an all AA OL for the first time probably ever.
I think EB was our offensive Coordinator when Embree was HC. So, not our first AA OC ever.

(sorry, I misunderstood the YAK's post...he said OL, not OC. Where the heck is the delete feature here???)

Where are you seeing this?

freestyle ... "do you want to be a rapper?"

Jamming Jay Z GIF

And it's delicious.

I'm seeing "Coach Ego" tweets, stuff about it being all about him with no care for CU or the players, how he'll leave a mess when he bolts, how he represents all that's wrong with college football, and even people calling it a cult.

It's just getting started, too. How pissed are people gonna be once top programs start losing coaches and recruits to CU for real? How much more do they attack when Coach Prime starts winning big?

Part of it is fear and uncertainty of the world they understood being turned on its head. Part of it is race since it's much easier to accept a black guy who isn't brash, outspoken and on another level of confidence (same crowd who didn't love Ali until after he was unable to speak).

I love it. Bring it, doubters and haters. It's just more motivation up front and satisfaction at the back end of the process. Tell us why he can't, why CU can't... and then complain about how unfair it is that we're kicking your ass.

My problem with him is he is not a good coach -- After opposing teams got CU on tape for 3-4 weeks, the Buffs lost every game after that. I could give a crap about all the sideshows he brings with him. His dink and dunk underneath offense is not going to get it done. I can scheme a defense easy to stop that CU offense as all the teams did

My problem with him is he is not a good coach -- After opposing teams got CU on tape for 3-4 weeks, the Buffs lost every game after that. I could give a crap about all the sideshows he brings with him. His dink and dunk underneath offense is not going to get it done. I can scheme a defense easy to stop that CU offense as all the teams did
I think he was talking about Prime, not Sean Lewis

So you’re going to be the new DC?!

Back