What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

2 casual Buff college buddies that barely track national headlines were all up in arms on CP "dissing the media" and what a bad look it was for him and the program.

When I explained the details, the response was "Well, those national guys really don't understand the CBS situation at all (Prime's fault still somehow) and Keeler will never change so he's just wasting his time!"

I really have to learn to stop engaging with the people that don't pay attention.

2 casual Buff college buddies that barely track national headlines were all up in arms on CP "dissing the media" and what a bad look it was for him and the program.

When I explained the details, the response was "Well, those national guys really don't understand the CBS situation at all (Prime's fault still somehow) and Keeler will never change so he's just wasting his time!"

I really have to learn to stop engaging with the people that don't pay attention.
Just be prepared that you'll have a lot of time on your hands.

During the meeting where he announced the bank accounts, CP referenced his suicide attempt, but didn't do much follow up. I had no idea about this.

It's great he mentioned that, and I'm betting he and the staff have reached out to players about the availabilty of counseling. Nationally it's the 10th leading cause of death, and among kids the players' ages, it's a huge problem. There are player who are counting on the NFL, and some will be inconsolable if they don't make it.

It takes a lot of courage to discuss these issues in public, and I salute CP for doing so. (I could not locate the talk from 2 days ago)

Regardless of on the field success (and ooh boy, we are all yearning for it!) Deion Sanders has meant so much more to CU and the community in such a brief span of time than any coach in memory. In my opinion Coach Prime has earned himself the trust and tenure to be at CU as long as he wishes.
Uhh no. He needs to win just like every other football coach. The rest is nice though

You're right. The things he's able to do right now for this program off the field (attention, hype, admissions, community, etc) walk hand-in-hand with his on field success. All that will go away if they don't become perennial 8+ winners.
If not Prime, then who would ever fully get Colorado back to the mountain top?

There must be a combination of Attention, Hype, Relevance, Resources, Players, Coaches, Facilities, and most of all Fandom Support

He is working on each aspect at its fullest level, and he just has to "Acquire" the talent, and remain fully engaged and motivated to keep getting this much attention for CU Football, and yes, he must be REWARDED for it. I know that people will say that he must become a great Coach in terms of on-field decision making, etc. and I agree, but I could even see a day where Prime is not the head coach, but is the Owner/GM

I will double down on the out of the box idea of creating a Public-Private-Partnership with PRIME and SMAC and Robert Smith and whomever would make us soar.

Colorado Football Incorporated is valued at $1B for argument sake with the Prime Effect and Trajectory

The University of Colorado and its Athletic Department retain ownership of 51% of the Football Entity and thus provide unfettered access to all Football Related Facilities, training areas, and Folsom Field. They also license the brand and rights to market the Colorado Football Brand to the "Operating Entity"

A Group of folks led by PRIME (Deion Sanders), SMAC Entertainment, and likely funders/investors like Robert Smith, Boosters, or even Fans would Purchase the other 49% in the operation and form the Franchise Operator Company. That purchase/investment would go to stabilize the athletic department, help with facility upgrades, INVEST IN TALENT (yes, create a $30 Million per year Player Salary Pool) and allow for Prime to get as creative as possible to build a championship program.

In return, CU Athletics gets an annual Payment of say $70 Million to fund the other sports, mainly Olympic Sports, and PRIME gets to innovate and create a juggernaut that he and his team get the rewards if they can propel it to the top of the world of College Football. They can help maneuver the brand to the right places in terms of TV, Conference, Super League, whatever.

In my humble opinion, Colorado Football with PRIME is worth $1B, without PRIME, it is worth $500k max, and if CU Football misses out on P2 or the Super League, it is worth NOTHING

If not Prime, then who would ever fully get Colorado back to the mountain top?
This is the anxiety inducing question as we are a little more than 24 hours away from kickoff to this season. We have a top 2-3 QB in the country and potential #1 overall pick, arguably the best all around football player and a likely top 5 pick, weapons at WR that are only rivaled at places like Ohio State, Bama, Texas, etc, an entirely rebuilt OL, a pass rush that is probably going to be the best in the Big 12 and a Secondary that is probably going to be top 2-3 in the Big 12. The talent is here to do great things this year, and make no mistake, this season is the season Prime has been eyeing for years as it's Shedeur, Shilo and Travis' last go around.

If they can't win 8+ it will be clear there is a coaching problem. The irony of that, however, is CU could eventually move on from Prime and hire a "better" coach, but it's highly unlikely the talent acquisition will be on the same level.

So, end of the day, if Prime can't get CU back to national prominence, we are probably looking at fitting in nicely with the rest of the Big 12 going forward where our ceiling will be recruiting in the 30-50 range nationally and having to sign and develop guys in the hopes we can' compete for the conference every 3-4 years.

This is the anxiety inducing question as we are a little more than 24 hours away from kickoff to this season. We have a top 2-3 QB in the country and potential #1 overall pick, arguably the best all around football player and a likely top 5 pick, weapons at WR that are only rivaled at places like Ohio State, Bama, Texas, etc, an entirely rebuilt OL, a pass rush that is probably going to be the best in the Big 12 and a Secondary that is probably going to be top 2-3 in the Big 12. The talent is here to do great things this year, and make no mistake, this season is the season Prime has been eyeing for years as it's Shedeur, Shilo and Travis' last go around.

If they can't win 8+ it will be clear there is a coaching problem. The irony of that, however, is CU could eventually move on from Prime and hire a "better" coach, but it's highly unlikely the talent acquisition will be on the same level.

So, end of the day, if Prime can't get CU back to national prominence, we are probably looking at fitting in nicely with the rest of the Big 12 going forward where our ceiling will be recruiting in the 30-50 range nationally and having to sign and develop guys in the hopes we can' compete for the conference every 3-4 years.
Spot freaking on
After this year, we need to push even more chips into the middle of the table
I think Prime is the right Coach/GM/Owner/Man to take CU to the top, but I think even he knows that resources and innovation need to go through the roof
Best thing about Prime is his ability to make moves, such as Livingston to get better and to win big
Without Prime though, I do not see a clear future

Many folks are talking about how most fringe programs should just plan to spend $30 Million per year to just acquire talent and be competitive to be ready for the next step, and to look at a 5-year timeline. Get Robert Smith on board and go for it, and let Prime earn as much as he can.

Honestly no one here should reply to @Darth Snow

He’s an unserious poster. Arguably a troll that goes against the TOS.
Angry Season 3 GIF by The Office

Back