What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

People on twitter alleging that some traditions were being stopped for this year. But then weren’t willing to detail what traditions were supposedly being stopped. Anyone know what they were talking about?

1) I highly doubt there’s any truth to whatever they might be.

2) Get over it, new traditions can be made all the time and if Prime gets us to winning consistently, we will want those traditions that are more associated with winning

People on twitter alleging that some traditions were being stopped for this year. But then weren’t willing to detail what traditions were supposedly being stopped. Anyone know what they were talking about?

2) Get over it, new traditions can be made all the time and if Prime gets us to winning consistently, we will want those traditions that are more associated with winning
I didn’t see any valuable traditions being abandoned.

Band not playing the fight song very often. Theme music instead. I left, so I don't know if this happened, bu I heard they were dropping the postgame Glory, Glory Colorado for the players.

Band not playing the fight song very often. Theme music instead. I left, so I don't know if this happened, bu I heard they were dropping the postgame Glory, Glory Colorado for the players.
A few people on Twitter have mentioned this. Mostly old band members from what I can tell

I definitely remember saying the **** em up, **** em up, go cu part a good number of times
I definitely don't want to **** on the band, I know they're out there busting their ass for our team.

I didn't sing the fight song once because I didn't hear the fight song once. Maybe the crowd is louder, (or perhaps I'm losing my hearing) but my section hasn't changed in over a decade and I normally sing along to the fight song every time it plays. I just couldn't hear it this year.

I definitely don't want to **** on the band, I know they're out there busting their ass for our team.

I didn't sing the fight song once because I didn't hear the fight song once. Maybe the crowd is louder, (or perhaps I'm losing my hearing) but my section hasn't changed in over a decade and I normally sing along to the fight song every time it plays. I just couldn't hear it this year.
They were playing it after scores but I could barely hear it in 106.

I have not read through the entire thread, so likely this topic was mentioned. The student section was terrific! Loud and lasted for the whole game. And I was surprised that they extended the student section by at least 2/3 sections (or am I hallucinating again?).

I’ll have to listen for it next game, but the crowd is loud and they are playing music (SS song, which I thought was a nice touch) immediately after TDs so I’m wondering if the band just kind of gets drowned out

They were playing it after scores but I could barely hear it in 106.
That is a fair point actually. As mentioned in other thread, I’m in 109 so right next to the band. And I didn’t pick up on the fight song until I heard people around me singing it, so it was really quiet.

Band is in a new section this year because CU expanded the student section. They moved one section to the west, so sound is directed more towards the east side.

That said, the Stadium has been wayyyyyyy louder over the past 2 years than it has ever been previously with crowd noise and PA noise.

Back