What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

She made it past the 30 in the 2nd half, I think, but only because the handlers lined up and forced her (as much as you can force Ralphie to do anything) to run further before making her initial turn.

I felt like they were forcing her forwards in both halves but must have decided not to push it in the second half.

It's conditioning...he stuck with the program for how many years when we sucked balls.

His job is dependent on keeping the listening public interested in what's gonna happen next...I think he's pretty good at it actually, way better than Dave Logan for the donks.
MJ is great at his job and is actually a friend of mine. Love him on the radio. It was a joke based on something someone said last week during the game about the broadcast.

How have we not pushed this Ralphie through the portal? She’s terrible. Get a new one. Can’t be hard

I share that impression. Well established coaches who aren't complete curmudgeons about change (Mack, Lincoln, Lane, Chip, Urban, Saban) are so secure about who they are and what they do that they don't feel threatened by Coach Prime in the way others do. They recognize and appreciate good coaching and organizational practices, so they're cool with Coach Prime, will be complimentary, and take whatever lessons they can apply to their own program models.
The funny part is (and I agree, you are correct) that Oregon is where they are BECAUSE of the flash. Lanning knows that. So he tried to flip the script and say it was because of substance and history. But he knows that if Prime keeps going the way he is, the type of kids that want to play at Oregon are the ones that will jump ship to CU in a heartbeat.

The funny part is (and I agree, you are correct) that Oregon is where they are BECAUSE of the flash. Lanning knows that. So he tried to flip the script and say it was because of substance and history. But he knows that if Prime keeps going the way he is, the type of kids that want to play at Oregon are the ones that will jump ship to CU in a heartbeat.
Even with all their advantages, Oregon just can’t seem to rise to a level where they are considered a serious contender. They lose the big games, like to Washington or even OSU at times. They’re just always a bit below. They’ve kind of hit their ceiling.

Polarizing is a good term

Those who love him will give him the benefit of doubt. They will always be aligned with his vision. The media loves him. The sports talk guys adore Prime. It puts CU in the national eye.

Those who hate like reddit or the typical white bread college football fan will always look down, move the goalposts, use quotes within press conferences to attack him.

What CU fans are is fans. They will support as long as its going in the right direction. It's just that simple. It bothers some CU fans to go on reddit and see Prime get killed for something that you clearly understand but when it's Prime, it will be 10x because they don't like him and if it's good, they will look passed it or move the goalpost. It is what it is.

Prime is loved. He also is hated. It is what it is.

Even with all their advantages, Oregon just can’t seem to rise to a level where they are considered a serious contender. They lose the big games, like to Washington or even OSU at times. They’re just always a bit below. They’ve kind of hit their ceiling.
id be happy to be at the ducks level right now

first, I'm still fully on-board the Deion Sanders' train

I am questioning his personal accountability, though. IIRC, only once during a presser has he said "that's on me". He's publicly challenged commitment of players (without seeming to acknowledge his role as HC in motivating them, or even his role in selecting these players he now feels lack commitment). He's publicly implied mistakes were made by assistant coaches, but not by himself.

I admire personal accountability and consider it a strong trait of great leaders.

am I missing something? is he more accountable than I'm giving him credit for being?
or is this something like the Trumpian "be an alpha and never admit mistakes" schtick? am I mistaken to consider accountability as a positive trait for a head coach?

I just watched the UA presser and, while I didn't hear personal accountability, nor did I hear anything that seemingly blamed others. He speak critically about player matchups and not so much about game day strategy, but I'll take that as a step forward.

again, I'm still 100% supportive of HCDS -- but I'm not getting a good feeling around this singular aspect and kind of hoping it's just selective information that I'm recalling.

first, I'm still fully on-board the Deion Sanders' train

I am questioning his personal accountability, though. IIRC, only once during a presser has he said "that's on me". He's publicly challenged commitment of players (without seeming to acknowledge his role as HC in motivating them, or even his role in selecting these players he now feels lack commitment). He's publicly implied mistakes were made by assistant coaches, but not by himself.

I admire personal accountability and consider it a strong trait of great leaders.

am I missing something? is he more accountable than I'm giving him credit for being?
or is this something like the Trumpian "be an alpha and never admit mistakes" schtick? am I mistaken to consider accountability as a positive trait for a head coach?

I just watched the UA presser and, while I didn't hear personal accountability, nor did I hear anything that seemingly blamed others. He speak critically about player matchups and not so much about game day strategy, but I'll take that as a step forward.

again, I'm still 100% supportive of HCDS -- but I'm not getting a good feeling around this singular aspect and kind of hoping it's just selective information that I'm recalling.
Fair observation, I have tried to analyze the same thing.
I think he takes almost 100% accountability on everything, but I do not think he likes to if it is something he personally would not have screwed up.
The Lewis thing is a break-up/divorce type of thing
He is a respectful professional to people whom he wishes he could just toss to the curb, and that is very honorable.
The biggest issue with Prime is that his expectations are probably higher than anyone can actually achieve and he cannot do everything.
He is loyal and demanding at the same time, but that scale has not gone far enough for him as of yet, so the coaching staff and players to date have not worked out.
The Coaching Game Management blunders and his answers are a battle between a supremely proud and talented former athlete saying that players solve problems and he just does not fully buy into the game trickery and maneuvers that can help in a game that does not involve the athlete. One of the hardest things for formerly great players to make a change from when they coach.
I think he is Accountable for the most part, probably 98% thus far

Back