What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

Midwesterners are some of the nicest, fairest, non-racist people you’ll ever meet as well. I’ve witnessed racism in SoCal, NoCal, Denver, Midwest, NYC, Texas and Florida.
midwest people are the kindest people you will meet!…if you act like a human you eill fit in

Midwesterners are some of the nicest, fairest, non-racist people you’ll ever meet as well. I’ve witnessed racism in SoCal, NoCal, Denver, Midwest, NYC, Texas and Florida.
Anecdotal but my wife’s cousin moved from Milwaukee to KC and told us that he preferred the black people in KC because they knew their place. He said it with a really nice tone so I’m sure it wasn’t racist

Had two of my classmates literally say "why is it ok for black people to say n*****, but white people can't?". This wasn't when we were kids either. We were all in our mid 30's.

Also sitting in a bar in Sioux City, Iowa, had a dude come out of the bathroom and immediately yell "go Trump"...he then leaned in to me and said, "you get it, right? We can't let the n*****s win"...

Midwesterners are some of the most racist people you'll ever meet.
The state with both the highest percentage and largest number of KKK members was Indiana. The midwest is racist AF.

One thing that I don’t think I’ve seen talked about is how CU is willing to let the coach and his brand be overshadow the school. I don’t think a lot of big name schools would allow that. Look at Saban and Alabama. He’s probably the goat but the brand focus is still on the school.

haters puffing their chests out because we are not going to win a national championship this year. what a crazy ride this has been.

i do think a lot of it is racism. why are some of these people (danny kannel, e.g.) so up in arms? what in particular bothers folks about Coach? lane and the pirate and a whole bunch of coaches have been cocky and flamboyant.

the haters kept moving the bar every week so far this season.

i think we win at least 3 more games against a very tough schedule. that is a miracle and a great coaching job.

keep hating, you dirty bitches. we will keep building.
Is Kannell just running a full time troll Prime and Colorado account now, because he doesn’t seem to tweet about anything else.

I think y’all should see a trend here: there’s a lot of racism across the entire US.
Dumb And Dumber GIF

One thing that I don’t think I’ve seen talked about is how CU is willing to let the coach and his brand be overshadow the school. I don’t think a lot of big name schools would allow that. Look at Saban and Alabama. He’s probably the goat but the brand focus is still on the school.
I'm not sure if I buy that. When I think of the University of Alabama, I think of a houndstooth hat and Nick Saban.

different flavors depending on geography, social class, environment, etc.

watching these ****ers come after Coach because he's doing this right -- they seem to come from all the various corners of racist ****s.
Yes, but seeing everyone say that places a, b, c, x, y, z are most racist when these comments end up covering the entire country should be the illuminating part.

Had two of my classmates literally say "why is it ok for black people to say n*****, but white people can't?". This wasn't when we were kids either. We were all in our mid 30's.

Also sitting in a bar in Sioux City, Iowa, had a dude come out of the bathroom and immediately yell "go Trump"...he then leaned in to me and said, "you get it, right? We can't let the n*****s win"...

Not surprising. I’m going to go out on a long limb and say that I’m probably the only one (or one of very few) of my family that isn’t racist. It’s been a time, finding out that some of the things that seemed innocent and harmless growing up were, in fact, racist. Then my high school, many of my peers had a small town mindset within a large city…and they still do.

My wife cut ties with a good-sized chunk of her family over the last 10-15 years. Other than my siblings, I don’t communicate with my family, especially since/after both of my parents passed.

To the point where they are working with each other for him to fail. It will never work.
I'm see curious how recruits respond to Lanning near term and long term. He assumed that if the Ducks could just kick CU's ass, the narrative would end and Coach Prime would no longer be a threat. I think he misjudged the situation.

To me he looked petty and insecure on Saturday, and Prime emerged as the more mature and likable coach.

But I'm wondering if others outside the two programs are seeing that (I'm pretty biased). I'm wondering if recruits see that.

I suspect that they do.

I'm see curious how recruits respond to Lanning near term and long term. He assumed that if the Ducks could just kick CU's ass, the narrative would end and Coach Prime would no longer be a threat. I think he misjudged the situation.

To me he looked petty and insecure on Saturday, and Prime emerged as the more mature and likable coach.

But I'm wondering if others outside the two programs are seeing that (I'm pretty biased). I'm wondering if recruits see that.

I suspect that they do.
Primes humble and congratulatory speech toward Lanning, followed up with “they better get me now cause this is the worst we’re going to be” has to be awesome for recruits to hear

I suspect that they do.
As many people that are against him, there are plenty with him. People like Keshawn are going to tell kids to go play for Prime over his own Alma Mater.

The people that Prime makes insecure are insecure because they know what's coming. All you have to do is look at the visitor list for the USC game. I think the insecurity is a lot more deeper than this in a lot of cases but blue bloods know they are losing recruits to him.

Last edited:

I always find that question so weird.

I'm always like, "Why on earth, as a white person, would you have any desire to use that word?"

And honestly, I don't understand why it's okay for black people to use it either. But you know what I do? I keep my mouth ****ing shut, that's what.

Because it's okay to not understand things sometimes.
Fwiw, it's a topic of debate among black intellectuals whether it's a positive thing (taking it and owning it with a new definition) or a negative thing (using such a hate & history charged word lightly). But that's not my debate.

Back