What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown - News & Updates

So I can't find a CU football player that wore #11 so...

doc4b4d4f0c49f42328889039.jpg

11 days. Just 11 more.

I had a horrible dream last night.
I dreamed that I overslept the weekend and missed the game. I checked the score and CSU beat us by 4 points.
I was SO ticked until after my shower when I realized it was just a bad dream.

Dang it was a horrible morning. :(

I had a horrible dream last night.
I dreamed that I overslept the weekend and missed the game. I checked the score and CSU beat us by 4 points.
I was SO ticked until after my shower when I realized it was just a bad dream.

Dang it was a horrible morning. :(
Wrong site.

I wonder if Leavitt will use more of a 5-2 base with Tupou, Carrell, Samson, Jackson and McCartney/Gilbert with KO and Gilliam (if he is still healthy). Or if he wants more athleticism throw Lewis out there behind the big guys to cover more space.

I wonder if Leavitt will use more of a 5-2 base with Tupou, Carrell, Samson, Jackson and McCartney/Gilbert with KO and Gilliam (if he is still healthy). Or if he wants more athleticism throw Lewis out there behind the big guys to cover more space.

Going to see a 3-3-5 most often I would think. Carrel, Tupou, Jackson / Gillam, KO, McCartney / Chido, Laguda, Spoon, Thompson, Moeller

Going to see a 3-3-5 most often I would think. Carrel, Tupou, Jackson / Gillam, KO, McCartney / Chido, Laguda, Spoon, Thompson, Moeller
For a team that is run heavy and lacks athleticism at the receiver position I really hope we can function most of the time with 4 defensive backs and have more guys in the box.

For a team that is run heavy and lacks athleticism at the receiver position I really hope we can function most of the time with 4 defensive backs and have more guys in the box.
Chido will likely be the 4th LB. He would be a DB in name only. His run fits are awesome.

I imagine both Chido and Laguda will be playing close to the line to help stop the run.

Won't the defense reflect the offensive personnel? Is CSU going to try and run out of a 3 WR set, then we will probably be 3-3-5. If they are running pro formation or double TE, then I would expect 3-4-4. I guess they could even operate out of a 4 WR set, and try to spread out the defense and allow their O-line to try and dominate the line of scrimmage, and require DB's to react and come in for run support.

Haha guys I get it, but I would rather not have 5 defensive backs. Last year they sent Chido off the edge almost every other play in the second half but CSU game planned around it and went the other way. Need to get more of a push from the defensive line guys closer to the line of scrimmage. I don't want Chido and Laguda making tackles after 4-5 yards.

Back