What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown - News & Updates

Guess whether or not one considers this a rivalry game depends entirely on your definition of rivalry. With Nebraska I wanted CU to beat them and I didn't want Nebraska to win another game all season. I still freaking hate Nebraska and almost everything about that University. With the Aggies, I want to beat them, but I actively cheer for them the remainder of the season. Generally speaking I think Fort Collins is a nice place and from an academic standpoint I understand that what CSU offers is needed in this State. I genuinely like CSU. One is a rival, the other is much more akin to competing with someone within your own family.

Guess whether or not one considers this a rivalry game depends entirely on your definition of rivalry. With Nebraska I wanted CU to beat them and I didn't want Nebraska to win another game all season. I still freaking hate Nebraska and almost everything about that University. With the Aggies, I want to beat them, but I actively cheer for them the remainder of the season. Generally speaking I think Fort Collins is a nice place and from an academic standpoint I understand that what CSU offers is needed in this State. I genuinely like CSU. One is a rival, the other is much more akin to competing with someone within your own family.

That's kind of where I'm at. I like Fort Collins. I like Coloradans -- and a good number of them attended CSU. But from a rivalry perspective, it is one. I don't hate them like I hate Nebraska. For instance, I won't tune into one of their games just to cheer against them. I don't do a happy dance every time they lose or have a negative press report or lose a recruit or whatever. Pretty much, I just want to win our game, move on, and smile a bit the rest of the season when I see across the ticker that they lost their game that day.

I hate Nebraska way more than CSU. That doesn't mean I like them but the Big Red hatred, runs much deeper.

I am not one of those who say it isn't a rivalry but it is a little bit of a weird relationship. CSU grads and fans hate everything to do with Boulder and CU to a point where it gets real annoying. I just never see the same amount of animosity from CU fans.

I used to actively cheer for CSU outside of the RMS. Felt like another team from our great state + more interest in football is always good.

Twitter has changed that. I don't hate them or anything but their fans are spiteful towards us to the point that I now LOL whenever they lose.

I used to actively cheer for CSU outside of the RMS. Felt like another team from our great state + more interest in football is always good.

Twitter has changed that. I don't hate them or anything but their fans are spiteful towards us to the point that I now LOL whenever they lose.
I used to as well, and every year I root for them less and less. In a couple years I will be on TSheks level.

When did rivalries have to be 50/50 odds or a toss up? This is a rivalry, for the most part each teams fan base dislikes the other. It is what it is.

I like Fort Collins; it'd be a pretty nice place to live; other than the driving distance to skiing. And the CSU fans.

I cheer against CSU only so I don't have to ever have a CSU fan talk to me about football and how CU sucks. They do this when we have a bad year and they have a slightly better year. CSU friends and family will do this, strangers will do this if I'm wearing CU gear. It's annoying. It will all stop once CU is back to winning seasons and then I won't give a **** what they do because they'll have nothing to talk about again. It will be nice.

"Guess the attendance" will be returning on Friday.
Here's a look at the CU corner of the 500 level (price $55) compared to the CSU corner (price $25)
Us:
CEwpaeM.png

Them:
fbFYVcO.png

I have a standing 6 pack bet with a co-worker CSU grad. I want us to win 80% of the time, so I get free beer, but I need CSU to win some other games throughout the season so he continues the bet. Thus, I can continue to get beer every week after labor day. That's my interest in CSU outside of this game, be just good enough that I can sucker a 6 pack out of my co-worker.

Back