What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown - News & Updates

The counter argument there of course is that CU returns a lot of players from a 4 win team, and lost our most effective offensive weapon (Spruce), so are we really better?

It still should be more than enough against CSU, but will be a question that probably won't be answered until we hit Michigan and the conference schedule.
For sure. My confidence extends to this Friday and next Saturday. After that, we'll see.

I've already predicted a CU win in the other thread. Things pretty much guaranteed to happen:
  • CSU will completely misplay, if not outright blow, coverage on 2-4 deep balls
  • CSU will commit at least 1 boneheaded turnover at the worst possible time or position on the field
I'm terrified of watching the CSU pass defense. Between uncertainty at Dline (will there be ANY pass rush?) and secondary, it could get ugly. However, CSU has a chance to make it competitive if they can run all over CU. I don't mean run a little here and there to set up the pass, but impose their will, be more physical, and be successful with the run even through everyone knows it's coming - a la 2014. That would be the great neutralizer and the run game is setting up to the be strength of the team. Not sure what expectations to have for the run game against CU.

Yep, I agree. Great OLine and good backs. Rams have to shorten the game and gash the Buffs consistently. It could happen as well. I'm hopeful with our DLine however, they should be decent, so I don't think the mismatch on the lines is as lopsided as others areas of these teams.

If CU jumps out by a few TDs and forces CSU to pass... well I would like to see that. Stevens is a serviceable QB, but the WR situation is bad for the Rams, and the CU secondary is legit.

Side note: Last time I thought all these things was when CSU beat CU at Folsom... mostly behind a great offensive line.

Yep, I agree. Great OLine and good backs. Rams have to shorten the game and gash the Buffs consistently. It could happen as well. I'm hopeful with our DLine however, they should be decent, so I don't think the mismatch on the lines is as lopsided as others areas of these teams.

If CU jumps out by a few TDs and forces CSU to pass... well I would like to see that. Stevens is a serviceable QB, but the WR situation is bad for the Rams, and the CU secondary is legit.

Side note: Last time I thought all these things was when CSU beat CU at Folsom... mostly behind a great offensive line.
Mostly behind Bryce Givens completely sucking lol.

Besides the Big12 drama, ramnation is in semi-panic over the fact that many season ticket holders have yet to receive their tickets or parking passes for the RMS. Wouldn't that be interesting if CSU can't even get their season ticket holders to the game???

CSU has a decent OLine, not a great one. Too many people buying into that hype. On our schedule, they'll be the 5th or 6th best OLine we face. Our Dline will match up well with them.

Besides the Big12 drama, ramnation is in semi-panic over the fact that many season ticket holders have yet to receive their tickets or parking passes for the RMS. Wouldn't that be interesting if CSU can't even get their season ticket holders to the game???

By many do they mean 14 of the 22 season tickets holders?

Bobo was funny on the radio this morning. He was joking about not making his QB situation public. The radio guys asked "If you were playing anyone else but CU, would you have named your starter" He laughed and said "Yes". He then went on to admit it mostly a ploy to make the CU guys watch a little more film, and he didn't expect his gamesmanship to really have any impact.

He then started joking about how he was going to come out in the Wildcat or in the Wishbone with their option QB.

I thought it was all pretty funny. Bobo is a much more likable guy then McElwain was. He isn't as good of a coach, but he is likable.
For me, those two things are related.

They are breaking in two new CB starters, one of whom is a senior that has been a WR up to this offseason. They will also be breaking in two new starters at safety, one of whom is a converted corner from this offseason.

If CU's wideouts can't get open against these guys, it's going to be a VERY long year.

I agree about them sucking in the secondary, but their RCB (Tyree Simmons) is an experienced starter...the only one.

Enjoyed this part:

His former coach, Jim McElwain, never once addressed him by name, even calling him “punt guy” during their exit interview before Mac took the job at Florida.
I liked this, the Coloradan is trying to buy into the BS:
(no, he genuinely doesn’t know who the Rams’ quarterback is going to be, either)

There were reports that McElwain was about to throw in the towel in 2014, when CU got up early. Then they obviously found the weak spot in CU's defense.

I am not sure CU has that weak spot on defense this year, but I still never have full faith that we can control this game, from start to finish. Just too many weird things have happened over the years, to be fully confident. Hope this is the year, though!

The D-Line should be a big strength of ours. Tupou is an NFL level talent and his return at NT should be huge. That being said it is all potential. Should be a great way to find out what CU has up front, because the CSU O-Line is legit.

I hope you're right, but the 3-4 with Tupou walking around in a boot this week doesn't sound good.

I love this setup. Having the high energy guys like Leavitt, Chev, and Klayton on the sideline will be important.

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuffs/ci_30313211/cu-buffs-addison-gillam-excited-be-back-field

Game day set-up

CU will have six of its nine assistant coaches on the sidelines on Friday, with the other three in the coaches booth.

On defense, coordinator Jim Leavitt, line coach Jim Jeffcoat and safeties coach Joe Tumpkin will be on the field, while cornerbacks coach Charles Clark will be in the booth.

Offensively, co-coordinator Brian Lindgren and tight ends coach Gary Bernardi will be in the booth, while co-coordinator Darrin Chiaverini, line coach Klayton Adams and running backs coach Darian Hagan will be on the sidelines.

"It's the way we feel like will be the best for us to function, where we need our eyes to be, who we need to be down on the sidelines and communicate," MacIntyre said.

I love this setup. Having the high energy guys like Leavitt, Chev, and Klayton on the sideline will be important.

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuffs/ci_30313211/cu-buffs-addison-gillam-excited-be-back-field

Game day set-up

CU will have six of its nine assistant coaches on the sidelines on Friday, with the other three in the coaches booth.

On defense, coordinator Jim Leavitt, line coach Jim Jeffcoat and safeties coach Joe Tumpkin will be on the field, while cornerbacks coach Charles Clark will be in the booth.

Offensively, co-coordinator Brian Lindgren and tight ends coach Gary Bernardi will be in the booth, while co-coordinator Darrin Chiaverini, line coach Klayton Adams and running backs coach Darian Hagan will be on the sidelines.

"It's the way we feel like will be the best for us to function, where we need our eyes to be, who we need to be down on the sidelines and communicate," MacIntyre said.

Bigger personalities are on the sideline to keep emotions high. That's a good thing.

They will spell him, I'm sure JT will be fine. Just live in their backfield when you're in there JT, blow **** up.

Enjoyed this part:

His former coach, Jim McElwain, never once addressed him by name, even calling him “punt guy” during their exit interview before Mac took the job at Florida.

I'm sure he learned it from Saban. Both seem like really good people persons. Lots of warmth and empathy. But I'd take it if we could get their success.

Why is this the narrative from Buff fans? Why isn't the narrative that he knows they don't have the talent or experience to match up this year and he is simply preparing people for a loss, without actually saying it.
Why would he think he doesn't have a chance, again?

Back