What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sandusky update (more evidence against Joe P)

Ya think there may be a lot folks having sleepless nights tonight in Happy Valley? :huh:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...-trustees-bracing-report-findings-sources-say

How can you have sleepless nights in just one night?

and I know a trustee.... and he is aware that they pretty much will get killed for allowing the football program to be its own entity. Football was untouchable at PSU and they always defended this concept by saying that the team and coaches HAD to be treated differently because they had special circumstances.

The reality is that most major football programs operate like that.... unfortunately for PSU, they had a Pedophile infiltrate them and they THOUGHT they could handle it.... They will pay a HUGE price for this and the Trustee I know KNOWS THIS....

How can you have sleepless nights in just one night?

and I know a trustee.... and he is aware that they pretty much will get killed for allowing the football program to be its own entity. Football was untouchable at PSU and they always defended this concept by saying that the team and coaches HAD to be treated differently because they had special circumstances.

The reality is that most major football programs operate like that.... unfortunately for PSU, they had a Pedophile infiltrate them and they THOUGHT they could handle it.... They will pay a HUGE price for this and the Trustee I know KNOWS THIS....

Easy ... I'll explain it mathematically:

> 1 person having a sleepless night = x (x being that number of persons) sleepless nights

Savvy? :finger2:

Easy ... I'll explain it mathematically:

> 1 person having a sleepless night = x (x being that number of persons) sleepless nights

Savvy? :finger2:

Oh yeah....

well.... look at the post again and explain to me what "a lot folks" is (or is it are) :lol::haha2:

Oh yeah....

well.... look at the post again and explain to me what "a lot folks" is (or is it are) :lol::haha2:

grammarnaziinvalidargument.jpg

A letter from Joe Paterno, written shortly before he died and released today:

For the last two months, at the request of the Attorney General's office, I have not discussed the specifics of my testimony regarding the pending cases. And while I will continue to honor that request, I do feel compelled to address comments made subsequent to November 9; specifically, I feel compelled to say, in no uncertain terms, that this is not a football scandal.

Let me say that again so I am not misunderstood: regardless of anyone's opinion of my actions or the actions of the handful of administration officials in this matter, the fact is nothing alleged is an indictment of football or evidence that the spectacular collections of accomplishments by dedicated student athletes should be in anyway tarnished.

Yet, over and over again, I have heard Penn State officials decrying the influence of football and have heard such ignorant comments like Penn State will no longer be a "football factory" and we are going to "start" focusing on integrity in athletics. These statements are simply unsupported by the five decades of evidence to the contrary -- and succeed only in unfairly besmirching both a great university and the players and alumni of the football program who have given of themselves to help make it great.

For over 40 years young men have come to Penn State with the idea that they were going to do something different -- they were coming to a place where they would be expected to compete at the highest levels of college football and challenged to get a degree. And they succeeded -- during the last 45 years NO ONE has won more games while graduating more players. The men who made that commitment and who gave of themselves to help build the national reputation of what was once a regional school deserve better than to have their hard work and sacrifice dismissed as part of a "football factory," all in the interests of expediency.

Penn State is not a football factory and it is ALREADY a great University. We have world-class researchers, degree programs, and students in every discipline. Penn Staters have been pioneers in medical advancements, engineering, and in the humanities. Our graduates have gone on to change the world -- even graduates with football lettermen sweaters.

That is why recent comments are so perplexing and damaging -- Penn Staters know we are a world class University. We can recite with pride the ranks of our academic programs and the successes of our graduates. Penn Staters (and employers) know what we are and the quality of our education. Nothing that has been alleged in any way implicates that reputation; rather, it is only the inexplicable comments of our own administration doing so.

It must stop. This is not a football scandal and should not be treated as one. It is not an academic scandal and does not in any way tarnish the hard earned and well-deserved academic reputation of Penn State. That Penn State officials would suggest otherwise is a disservice to every one of the over 500,000 living alumni.

Forget my career in terms of my accomplishments and look at the last 40 years as I do: as the aggregate achievements of hundreds of young men working to become better people as they got an education and became better football players. Look at those men and what they have done in the world since they left Penn State and assess their contributions as an aggregate -- is this a collection of jocks who did nothing but skate by at a football factory, or are these men who earned an education and built a reputation second to none as a place where academic integrity and gridiron success could thrive together?

Whatever failings that may have happened at Penn State, whatever conclusions about my or others' conduct you may wish to draw from a fair view of the allegations, it is inarguable that these actions had nothing to do with this last team or any of the hundreds of prior graduates of the "Grand Experiment."

Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are . Penn State." This is a great university with one of the best academic performing football programs in major college athletics. Those are facts -- and nothing that has been alleged changes them.

No metion of the poor kids just defending his legacy. Isn't this what he is accused of doing this whole time.

Interesting that this was leaked the day before the Freeh report.

A letter from Joe Paterno, written shortly before he died and released today:

For the last two months, at the request of the Attorney General's office, I have not discussed the specifics of my testimony regarding the pending cases. And while I will continue to honor that request, I do feel compelled to address comments made subsequent to November 9; specifically, I feel compelled to say, in no uncertain terms, that this is not a football scandal.

Let me say that again so I am not misunderstood: regardless of anyone's opinion of my actions or the actions of the handful of administration officials in this matter, the fact is nothing alleged is an indictment of football or evidence that the spectacular collections of accomplishments by dedicated student athletes should be in anyway tarnished.

Yet, over and over again, I have heard Penn State officials decrying the influence of football and have heard such ignorant comments like Penn State will no longer be a "football factory" and we are going to "start" focusing on integrity in athletics. These statements are simply unsupported by the five decades of evidence to the contrary -- and succeed only in unfairly besmirching both a great university and the players and alumni of the football program who have given of themselves to help make it great.

For over 40 years young men have come to Penn State with the idea that they were going to do something different -- they were coming to a place where they would be expected to compete at the highest levels of college football and challenged to get a degree. And they succeeded -- during the last 45 years NO ONE has won more games while graduating more players. The men who made that commitment and who gave of themselves to help build the national reputation of what was once a regional school deserve better than to have their hard work and sacrifice dismissed as part of a "football factory," all in the interests of expediency.

Penn State is not a football factory and it is ALREADY a great University. We have world-class researchers, degree programs, and students in every discipline. Penn Staters have been pioneers in medical advancements, engineering, and in the humanities. Our graduates have gone on to change the world -- even graduates with football lettermen sweaters.

That is why recent comments are so perplexing and damaging -- Penn Staters know we are a world class University. We can recite with pride the ranks of our academic programs and the successes of our graduates. Penn Staters (and employers) know what we are and the quality of our education. Nothing that has been alleged in any way implicates that reputation; rather, it is only the inexplicable comments of our own administration doing so. I mean what is a few child rapes in the scheme of a great University?

It must stop. This is not a football scandal and should not be treated as one. It is not an academic scandal and does not in any way tarnish the hard earned and well-deserved academic reputation of Penn State. That Penn State officials would suggest otherwise is a disservice to every one of the over 500,000 living alumni, none of whom raped children (as far as we know).

Forget my career in terms of my accomplishments and look at the last 40 years as I do: as the aggregate achievements of hundreds of young men working to become better people as they got an education and became better football players. Look at those men and what they have done in the world since they left Penn State and assess their contributions as an aggregate -- is this a collection of jocks who did nothing but skate by at a football factory, or are these men who earned an education and built a reputation second to none as a place where academic integrity and gridiron success could thrive together?

Whatever failings that may have happened at Penn State, whatever conclusions about my or others' conduct you may wish to draw from a fair view of the allegations, it is inarguable that these actions had nothing to do with this last team or any of the hundreds of prior graduates of the "Grand Experiment."

Pen Staters across the globe should feel shame in saying "We are . Perv State." This is a great university with one of the best academic performing football programs in major college athletics, with one current flaw: We let a known pedophile loose in our community for nearly a decade. Those are facts -- and nothing that has been alleged changes them.
fify. Ok. maybe a bit unfair, but what a self-serving load of crap from the old man. The above is satire and fair comment and all that, just my opinion.

Paterno died out of touch with who he was and what he did or failed to do. I am convinced that he believes every word he wrote in that letter.

A big part of his belief is that at Penn State he wasn't Joe Paterno, he was Joe Paterno, some larger than life mythical figure who nobody had the courage to say no to. What Joe wanted, Joe got, and anyone who questioned that got run over by his supporters. This is how he told the school administrators how things would be handled in not just this case but in any case he deemed important enough to put his time and an opinion into.

Penn State is a very good university, maybe not as good as Paterno wants to paint it but a very good university. That said from one standpoint he did turn it into a football factory. He made it a place where the university was accountable to the football program, not the other way around. For this reason when he told his "higher ups" not to worry about Sandusky, he would handle it they left it up to his judgement.

This is the reason that Penn State as a whole needs to be held accountable for the misshandling of this entire situation.

NCAA waiting ... for now

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- The NCAA says that it will decide on whether to take action at the "appropriate time" in connection with its inquiry into Penn State and the child sexual abuse scandal that led to the ouster of Hall of Fame coach Joe Paterno.

Penn State Scandal

i
Former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky was found guilty on 45 of 48 counts in his child sex abuse trial on Friday night. ESPN.com Topics has full coverage of the trial and the verdict.

Findings from Penn State's internal investigation into the case of ex-defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky are due Thursday. The NCAA says it has already been collecting information from the probe led by former FBI director Louis Freeh.

The NCAA says Penn State will have to formally respond to questions from NCAA president Mark Emmert, even after Freeh unveils his findings.

The governing body says it won't interfere with other ongoing inquiries into the matter, and will determine if additional action is necessary. They offered no specific timeline.

Later Wednesday, Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany said his conference also would refrain from commenting for the time being.

"As we have said from the beginning, the conference will reserve judgment until all information surrounding the various proceedings is made available," Delany said in a statement. "Various federal, state and other investigations, including the grand jury investigation, are still ongoing, certain criminal trials have yet to begin, and key principals have yet to testify.

As I've said before, I don't think the NCAA can sanction Pedo State for this situation, due to the contraints of its by-laws. They may have more to fear from the B1G when all is said and done, depending on what kind of by-laws it has.

I am reading this now... on page 26.... This is BAD for Spanier, Curley, Schultz, and Paterno. It is as bad as could be short of committing the act themselves.

From the press release:
Our most saddening and sobering finding is the total disregard for the safety andwelfare of Sandusky’s child victims by the most senior leaders at Penn State. The mostpowerful men at Penn State failed to take any steps for 14 years to protect the childrenwho Sandusky victimized. Messrs. Spanier, Schultz, Paterno and Curley never demonstrated, through actions or words, any concern for the safety and well-being of Sandusky’s victims until after Sandusky’s arrest.
rotting in hell may be too good for them.

Here is the worst finding:

The victim that was abused in the shower that Mike McQuery walked in on was left in the most extreme vulnerable position.

Paterno, Schultz, Curley, & Spanier decided to notify ONLY Sandusky that they knew of this incident. Therefore, this victim was at the highest possible risk of encountering more harm because no one else knew who the victim was EXCEPT for Sandusky. There was no attempt to find out who this child was leaving him exposed to Sandusky to harm him more.

More from the report:
Taking into account the available witness statements and evidence, the Special Investigative Counsel finds that it is more reasonable to conclude that, in order avoid the consequences of bad publicity, the most powerful leaders at the University - Spanier, Schultz, Paterno and Curley - repeated concealed critical facts relating to Sandusky's child abuse from the authorities, the University's Board of Trustees, the Penn State community, and the public at large.

And then - Spanier, Schultz and Curley meet in 2001 and devise an action plan: 1. Tell chairman of 2nd Mile, 2. Report to Dept of Welfare, 3. Tell Sandusky he can't bring any more children into facilities.

Then Curley talks to Paterno.

And they throw that plan out the window...

So much for saint Paterno.

Here is the worst finding:

The victim that was abused in the shower that Mike McQuery walked in on was left in the most extreme vulnerable position.

Paterno, Schultz, Curley, & Spanier decided to notify ONLY Sandusky that they knew of this incident. Therefore, this victim was at the highest possible risk of encountering more harm because no one else knew who the victim was EXCEPT for Sandusky. There was no attempt to find out who this child was leaving him exposed to Sandusky to harm him more.

That was unforgiveable, despicable, unconscienable.

As a fellow member of the bar ... do you think this opens up these douchebags to a criminal charge of endangering the welfare of a child?

Which would still not be enough to get justice. :huh:

More from the report:

And then - Spanier, Schultz and Curley meet in 2001 and devise an action plan: 1. Tell chairman of 2nd Mile, 2. Report to Dept of Welfare, 3. Tell Sandusky he can't bring any more children into facilities.

Sure makes Joe Paterno look like a pedophile enabler, doesn't it?

As a fellow member of the bar ... do you think this opens up these douchebags to a criminal charge of endangering the welfare of a child?

I'm no expert, but I think there are criminal implications here

It might. Paterno got off easy. The other 3 named adminsistrators will suffer from this.

More from the report:

Really? They actually had #3 as a plan? I mean all they had to do was #1 & #2 and those parties wouldnt have allowed them to screw up #3! Then the entire situation is stopped. The Dept of Welfare would know exactly what to do.... CALL THE FING POLICE!

Last edited:
Really? They actually had #3 as a plan? I mean all they had to do was #1 & #2. Then the entire situation is stopped. The Dept of Welfare would know exactly what to do.... CALL THE FING POLICE!
Yeah, the report basically says that they didn't do 1 or 2, sort of did 3, and kinda-sorta offered to get Sandusky "professional help," because, and I am actually quoting here "it is the humane thing to do."

The report at several points makes the point that these men exhibited absolutely no concern at all for the children. It's in the opening paragraph, it's in the lead on the press release, and it's repeated in many different places. Absolutely no concern for the victims. Concern about their reputations, the school's reputation, even concern for Sandusky - but zero worry or thought as to the victims. What worthless human beings.

Doesn't look like they are going to be able to just point the finger and blame the dead guy. All of these ****ers need to rott in a cell with their new best friend bubba.

Doesn't look like they are going to be able to just point the finger and blame the dead guy. All of these ****ers need to rott in a cell with their new best friend bubba.

If I was a prison gaurd, I would feel less than inclinded to rescue them out in the prison showers.

Yikes. I'm eating breakfast and a little sick over this. Not sure why I'm surprised by it enough to feel this way. I guess even my cynicism has limits :huh:

The rabbit hole keeps going deeper and deeper.

And yes, it doesn't look like they'll be able to push this off on the dead guy. While Paterno certainly was complicit, there's a lot of complicity to go around.

Back