What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sandusky update (more evidence against Joe P)

I'm just glad that this is your biggest concern. You know, just so I do not get you wrong.
**** you. Where the **** did I say or imply this is my "biggest concern" you asshole? Sorry, but your post really pissed me off.

Last edited:
**** you. Where the **** did I say or imply this is my "biggest concern" you asshole? Sorry, but your post really pissed me off.

You have now posted a couple different times on your concerns about people/victims possibly lying in this whole sordid situation. Sorry if that seems pretty stupid to me. Out of all the concerns to be had from this, you keep focusing on that stuff.

You have now posted a couple different times on your concerns about people/victims possibly lying in this whole sordid situation. Sorry if that seems pretty stupid to me. Out of all the concerns to be had from this, you keep focusing on that stuff.
I'm not focused on it. Yeah, I've made one similar post before. But no one seems to even want to consider it. My point is that even the victims will be dragged through the mud by shrewd defense attornys because there will be scammers out there. This process is going to be very difficult for the victims because of it.

I'm not focused on it. Yeah, I've made one similar post before. But no one seems to even want to consider it. My point is that even the victims will be dragged through the mud by shrewd defense attornys because there will be scammers out there. This process is going to be very difficult for the victims because of it.
ummm. DBT. I'm with BB on this one. Your focus on this seems weird, and this explanation is strange.

I'm not focused on it. Yeah, I've made one similar post before. But no one seems to even want to consider it. My point is that even the victims will be dragged through the mud by shrewd defense attornys because there will be scammers out there. This process is going to be very difficult for the victims because of it.[/QUOTE]

This part is almost always true. With the amount of money that is going to be on the table there will be those who try, dishonestly, to get a piece of it. Because of them the legitimate victims will have their motives questioned be made to feel like the criminals, not Sandusky and those who enabled him.

Even without the fakes and frauds there will be those who will blame the victims for "destroying the reputation of their school and a fine man like JoePa." choosing to transfer their anger to the victims instead of where it belongs with the perpetrators of the evil.

This is similar in a way to those who blame the rape victim for dressing wrong or being in a place she shouldn't have been, in other words "asking for it." instead of putting the blame on the criminal who raped her.

ummm. DBT. I'm with BB on this one. Your focus on this seems weird, and this explanation is strange.

ummm. Darth. I'm with DBT on this one. BB's focus on accusing DBT of not having enough moral outrage because of a couple of posts seems weird... and unfair. But what do I know. I am just third party that was going to leave well enough alone until you decided to weigh in.

ummm. Darth. I'm with DBT on this one. BB's focus on accusing DBT of not having enough moral outrage because of a couple of posts seems weird... and unfair. But what do I know. I am just third party that was going to leave well enough alone until you decided to weigh in.
eh. now I'm being misunderstood. :lol:

Weird in what way exactly?
It's weird in that it appears, to me, that you are very worried about the possibility of a person faking getting abused by Sandusky in order to get money. And that you are emphasizing that point. It's a weird point to emphasize.

It's weird in that it appears, to me, that you are very worried about the possibility of a person faking getting abused by Sandusky in order to get money. And that you are emphasizing that point. It's a weird point to emphasize.
I do not mean to emphasize it over the more important parts of the case. I just think its an interesting topic. What can I say about Sandusky, Paterno and PSU that hasn't already been said? After Sandusky is sentenced the civil suits will begin as well as, possibly, more criminal charges.

I do not mean to emphasize it over the more important parts of the case. I just think its an interesting topic. What can I say about Sandusky, Paterno and PSU that hasn't already been said? After Sandusky is sentenced the civil suits will begin as well as, possibly, more criminal charges.
The fact that you find the mere possibility an interesting topic, with no evidence that it has, is, or will happen, is also weird. But then again, this is allbuffs.

This article by AP writer Tim Dahlberg was in my local Sunday paper. It's titled [h=1]NCAA must gut Penn State's football program with massive penalties[/h]
http://bit.ly/Mwcs0q

The writer is correct. There is no way for Paterno's family to spin this to make JoePa look good. I also don't think this compares to CU's rape scandal. This compares to nothing that we know of in college football.

This article by AP writer Tim Dahlberg was in my local Sunday paper. It's titled NCAA must gut Penn State's football program with massive penalties

http://bit.ly/Mwcs0q

The writer is correct. There is no way for Paterno's family to spin this to make JoePa look good. I also don't think this compares to CU's rape scandal. This compares to nothing that we know of in college football.

Can't say I disagree with anything in the column. The NCAA will never impose a penalty that harsh against a school that is a "name" school and a huge revenue producer. They didn't come close when Baylor covered up murder and drug dealing, they show no signs of growing a spine or a moral compass now.

this article by ap writer tim dahlberg was in my local sunday paper. It's titled ncaa must gut penn state's football program with massive penalties

http://bit.ly/mwcs0q

the writer is correct. There is no way for paterno's family to spin this to make joepa look good. I also don't think this compares to mary keenan's perceived rape scandal. This compares to nothing that we know of in college football.

fify :thumbsup:

I'm surprised at the number of talking heads who have opined that the Penn(al) State football program should be shut down. They're giving away ice in the wintertime, though, since money talks and says there's much more money to be made playing football at PSU than not.

Shutting down the football program would salve some of society's moral outrage, but would it really change anything? The PSU administration knew just how ****ed they would be if Sandusky's deeds were exposed. That's why they covered it up. This was a moral failure on the part of those involved, not a moral hazard.

Shutting down the football program would salve some of society's moral outrage, but would it really change anything? The PSU administration knew just how ****ed they would be if Sandusky's deeds were exposed. That's why they covered it up. This was a moral failure on the part of those involved, not a moral hazard.

I have to disagree. If the PSU administration, especially JoPa, had dealt with JS as they should have after the first reported incident in 1998, they would have avoided this whole thing. Once it became public, other, previous victims may have come forward, but it would never have blown up and been such a black mark on what was a highly respected program.

The fact they allowed JS to use both the Second Mile and the football program and facilties so that he could pick out highly vulnerable kids to abuse is what is so insidious about the whole thing. The administration (again especially JoPa) is directly responsible for every kid that was violated after 1998.

I have to disagree. If the PSU administration, especially JoPa, had dealt with JS as they should have after the first reported incident in 1998, they would have avoided this whole thing. Once it became public, other, previous victims may have come forward, but it would never have blown up and been such a black mark on what was a highly respected program.

The fact they allowed JS to use both the Second Mile and the football program and facilties so that he could pick out highly vulnerable kids to abuse is what is so insidious about the whole thing. The administration (again especially JoPa) is directly responsible for every kid that was violated after 1998.

L is right on this one.

Well said.

Sure, but why didn't they deal with Sandusky when they heard about the first incident? Because they were afraid of the fallout, i.e. they expected a media swarm and that the PSU football program would be tarnished. I can't see any other reason for the cover up. I disagree that they would have avoided the whole thing had they done the right thing in 1998. There would've been some negative attention; certainly nothing like they're getting now. But almost all cover ups spiral out of control eventually.

Of course those who knew and did nothing are morally responsible for Sandusky's acts, but they put themselves in that situation because they chose their own reputations and the reputation of a football program over doing the obviously right thing. I was pointing out that this sort of choice is not particularly unusual and people will continue to make such choices whether PSU football is shut down or not.

But they will bring the hammer down on Cal-Tech!

"The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky, it's going to give Cleveland State two more years' probation." Jerry Tarkanian

The actual way this will work will be something along the lines of:

"The NCAA is so mad at Penn State, it's going to give Florida International the death penalty for the death of a member of the marching band."

Back