What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sir Larry Scott.. (P12 considering buying out Larry Scott)

Reading the articles, why can't the Pac 12 CEO Group call the $1.9 Million home loan from Scott and save some jobs?
Scott's days are numbered

I think my biggest frustration with all of this is just the leadership from high level employees. I know it’s always easier to say when it is someone else’s money but if I were in that position of making a ton of money over my career and then this happened I would cut my salary drastically to help out employees and athletic departments. The two biggest ones I see are the head coaching salaries and Larry Scott. He gets 4 million a year? Cut that in half and stop being an ass hole. A 10% cut in and industry like this just doesn’t do it for me. Same with head coaches around college football.

Guess karma bites after Larry Scott didn't have a big enough pay cut while staffers got more pay cuts.

Guess karma bites after Larry Scott didn't have a big enough pay cut while staffers got more pay cuts.

You've posted very strong Christian views repeatedly on this board. I find your karma reference interesting in that context.

Just a perfect example of his shorty leadership. Not only is he bribing a news outlet for favorable coverage, it is for favorable coverage of Olympic sports lol

Isn’t golf like the easiest pro sport to compete in safely when social distancing is needed? Not to take away credit from the commish, but it’s an individual, non-contact sport played outdoors that doesn’t even require heavy breathing and where competitors provide their own ball.

Isn’t golf like the easiest pro sport to compete in safely when social distancing is needed? Not to take away credit from the commish, but it’s an individual, non-contact sport played outdoors that doesn’t even require heavy breathing and where competitors provide their own ball.
Yeah, but is golf even a sport?

They've shown its possible to move from city to city in this COVID climate-same issue that baseball (the only other sport who is trying that) can't get right.

They've shown its possible to move from city to city in this COVID climate-same issue that baseball (the only other sport who is trying that) can't get right.
So what are they doing differently? I’m pretty sure golfers are responsible for their own travel unlike baseball and they aren’t sitting in a dugout or sharing a clubhouse with 25 other guys every day.

Oh my god, surprised to see the SEC act logically with all of this. 10 game conference only schedule confirmed, now only the big 12 has to figure it out.

So what are they doing differently? I’m pretty sure golfers are responsible for their own travel unlike baseball and they aren’t sitting in a dugout or sharing a clubhouse with 25 other guys every day.

PGA is using charters to ferry players and caddies from site to site:

PGA is using charters to ferry players and caddies from site to site:

That works because there are about 140 pga players plus their caddies in a given tournament and need to be in the same city at once - baseball has 750 players on the active roster not including coaches, executives, etc and they’re playing all over the country simultaneously. The logistics are completely different.

They're offering a charter golfers/caddies can take from tournament to tournament for one. You're basically a contractor in golf, though-if you don't play and make cuts you're not making money. Golfers are more motivated to take the rules seriously than say.........the Miami Marlins are. One more thing here-Based on the most recent salary figures I could find, Monahan makes $3.9M. That's $1.4M less than Sir Lawrence does.

Last edited:

SIAP, but looks like the Pac is hiring a new senior associate commissioner for football. I’d like the move more if they weren’t in the midst of laying people off.

SIAP, but looks like the Pac is hiring a new senior associate commissioner for football. I’d like the move more if they weren’t in the midst of laying people off.
The original bobble head. I always remember his long neck

Back