What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Football News

A QB that has played 3 seasons in PAC 12 play either has it or doesn't. Sefo doesn't have it. After 2 off-seasons he should have came out firing in 2015, but instead started with a thud. Sefo has beat two very ****ty PAC12 teams. The starter next year has already beat a PAC12 bowl team that kicks CUs ass. Going completely cold or putting us in a hole has been a regular theme with Sefo. It didn't change. This argument is as dumb as people believing Peyton Manning should come back next season. Peyton is done and Sefo has never had it. Simple. Easy. Quit making something out of something that has proven itself out.
Huh

Is Awini at QB just for a Spring arm or does anyone think there's a realistic opportunity for him to be that "change of pace guy" to come in and run some read option? Takes away practice time at LB if not.

Is Awini at QB just for a Spring arm or does anyone think there's a realistic opportunity for him to be that "change of pace guy" to come in and run some read option? Takes away practice time at LB if not.
I think he's a spring arm...

Unless he proves something otherwise on the field.

I like the idea of bringing in Awini. I wonder if you can utilize him in a dime package type of defense and then run 3-4 plays a game with him in a read option type?

Also, our ILB's are scary thin. It seems the staff isn't overly concerned about Gillam coming back to his old form.

Awini is a great change of pace to Webb. If there's a need for a long term backup to play, I expect Montez. But Awini can be a guy who puts a defense on its heels for a couple series.

Sefo would be fine if he could win in the clutch, but the dude just doesn't have that gene. He played well enough to get us in positions to win, but with the consistency of the sunrise would **** it up when it mattered most..the 2014 Utah game was it for me regarding Sefo. He's a great Buff with great heart, but we need a P5 caliber QB at the helm. Hopefully Webb doesn't fall in the long line of disappointing QB 'saviors' at CU.

Sefo would be fine if he could win in the clutch, but the dude just doesn't have that gene. He played well enough to get us in positions to win, but with the consistency of the sunrise would **** it up when it mattered most..the 2014 Utah game was it for me regarding Sefo. He's a great Buff with great heart, but we need a P5 caliber QB at the helm. Hopefully Webb doesn't fall in the long line of disappointing QB 'saviors' at CU.
huh? stay on topic please.

To me this says they don't have one they trust.

Once again, it all goes back to Neinas. I'm hoping Kinney can show something in place kicking. I have zero faith in Diego. With the schedule we have, kicking is gong to be the deciding factor in at least a couple games. I'm glad they're opening up the competition to everyone.

Once again, it all goes back to Neinas. I'm hoping Kinney can show something in place kicking. I have zero faith in Diego. With the schedule we have, kicking is gong to be the deciding factor in at least a couple games. I'm glad they're opening up the competition to everyone.
I don't trust Diego either. He's like Sunshine of Remember the Titans. Can throw it a mile but can't pitch it 3 yards. His case, kicking, but ya get it.

To me this says they don't have one they trust.
Or that they want them to compete and that the pressure of competition will prepare them to kick under pressure in a game. Maybe. Interesting that they are throwing Kinney into the mix. I'm not real big on punters also kicking. But it could be that they'll use him for kick offs. Getting touch backs was a serious issue last year.

3 scholarships, no kickers...nice.
One's a punter who is going to be given a chance. Don't know if he can kick. Came on as a punter.

Diego can kick but was inconsistent the second half of the season. Technical or mental, it was a coaching issue the put the final stake in Toby. You should be happy.

Graham is fine: 85 % of his kicks reach the end zone, about 20% of those are out of the end zone. A 20 yd. return from two yards deep puts the ball at the 18; a KO out of the EZ puts it at the 25. Would rather have a high, mid-range (3 yd. line to 3 yds. in EZ) returnable KO, than just the automatic 25 yd. field position. Returnable balls can create uncertainty, put the opponent at a disadvantage and give a chance for a penalty or turnover, as well. Would be a whole lot different if the touchback was set at the 20, as it used to be. Longish returns are far more rare than fubars that set the offense back.

Back