What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring game - April 22, 2023 - LIVE ON ESPN

I’m a little worried how GA is going to work. Could be chaos with people trying to cram into lower sections.

I exclusively buy concert tickets with actual seats for this reason.

With bleacher seating, you can require people pack in tight based on their seat numbers. That goes away with GA. You can pretty much expect four people to take up five spaces, or something like that.
That's where I'm hung up. Without assigned seats, I'd expect more issues of five people camping into four spots whereas assigned seats would prevent that.

I'm sure it's me being stupid, but not following your logic.

That's where I'm hung up. Without assigned seats, I'd expect more issues of five people camping into four spots whereas assigned seats would prevent that.

The alloted space for seats is pretty small in the bleachers. Most people just naturally spread out a little in that setting.

With no seat assignments you'd expect people to cram into fewer spots than there are people?? 5 people are not squishing together into 4 bleacher spots. It's likely that a 5 person group is going to give themselves more room and take up 6-7 bleacher spots.

The people who get in early are going to spread out a bit more and those who are in late are going squeeze. It's going to be a complete cluster****

With no seat assignments you'd expect people to cram into fewer spots than there are people?? 5 people are not squishing together into 4 bleacher spots. It's likely that a 5 person group is going to give themselves more room and take up 6-7 bleacher spots.

The people who get in early are going to spread out a bit more and those who are in late are going squeeze. It's going to be a complete cluster****
My personal experience is that in GA, for sold out or near capacity events, people pack in more densely in good seating than would be used for assigned. And later arrivers squeeze into any sparsely populated areas of good seating.. Yes.

Curious why 45,000 is a sellout when the stadium capacity is over 53k? 8,000 celebs???
Per the article I posted above: "Overall attendance for the day will be just over 45,000, as some of CU's premium event spaces will not be sold due to previous engagements." It will be really interesting to see how festival seating will work in Folsom. It's gonna be a party.

My personal experience is that in GA, for sold out or near capacity events, people pack in more densely in good seating than would be used for assigned. And later arrivers squeeze into any sparsely populated areas of good seating.. Yes.
In GA seating people can manspread or pile jackets and crap over multiple seats without concern that someone will come to claim those assigned seats. Hell I would make myself as wide as possible and maybe put my feet on the seats in front of me too.

I assume you are referring to concerts. I would suggest to you that concert seating behavior is very different than an event like this.

Manspreading.

tumblr_n673l8j1Ou1sqv9too1_500.jpg

Fowler calling it for those who were slow getting tickets apparently.

DVRing it so I can listen to him later.

It’s a drop in the bucket for an AD with a high 8-figure annual budget, but it’s also good to see that they’re capitalizing on the excitement.
It is a small percentage of total annual revenues but for a department that has been notoriously cheap because of limited revenue it is meaningful.

Look at it from the standpoint of being the cost of the coaching staff for a non-revenue sport. Head coach and assistants.

Weather will be a factor. A beautiful spring day in Boulder will bring in the crowd. But if it’s a stormy and cold spring day in Boulder there will be a lot of no shows.

Back