What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring game - April 22, 2023 - LIVE ON ESPN

Weather will be a factor. A beautiful spring day in Boulder will bring in the crowd. But if it’s a stormy and cold spring day in Boulder there will be a lot of no shows.
Don't know about that.

This is the first actual football event under Coach Prime. I think a lot of people will show regardless.

If the weather is lousy and considering that there is no real outcome in question the crowd may start to leave early but a lot of people will go just to say they were there.

I noticed in the email about the spring game today this:

STADIUM POLICIES: Please note that RE-ENTRY WILL NOT BE PERMITTED AT FOLSOM FIELD on Black and Gold Day or during the 2023 Colorado Football season. Ticketed fans who choose to leave will not be granted access back into the stadium.

No more leaving the stadium to tailgate at half time, and have a half empty stadium at the 2nd half kick off.

STADIUM POLICIES: Please note that RE-ENTRY WILL NOT BE PERMITTED AT FOLSOM FIELD on Black and Gold Day or during the 2023 Colorado Football season. Ticketed fans who choose to leave will not be granted access back into the stadium.

No more leaving the stadium to tailgate at half time, and have a half empty stadium at the 2nd half kick off.
Didn't that rule change a few years back?

I think it's a good policy. Part of why it's good is revenue, too. Vendors will benefit significantly

I think it's BS if it includes the Gold Lot. Does it include the Gold Lot? People pay good money for tailgating privileges there.

Great. So, instead of missing the start of the second half to grab a beer and a brat at a tailgate, everyone can miss the start of the second half waiting in line at the the already overwhelmed concession stands. If they are serious about this, they better completely overhaul concessions, from top to bottom. Otherwise, they are just making the overall game day product ****tier.

I think it's a good policy. Part of why it's good is revenue, too. Vendors will benefit significantly
I know tailgating at halftime has been allowed since I was a kid ( from 86 on) so probably forever. Is this the norm at other stadiums?

I understand why people would be upset about this but I also understand why it's being done. If I still drank I'm sure I'd be pissed about the new policy.

I know tailgating at halftime has been allowed since I was a kid ( from 86 on) so probably forever. Is this the norm at other stadiums?

I understand why people would be upset about this but I also understand why it's being done. If I still drank I'm sure I'd be pissed about the new policy.
Except that they added booze sales inside the stadium, so it's not like you have to lose your buzz. I'm sure they also want to curb binge drinking instead of encouraging it.

Except that they added booze sales inside the stadium, so it's not like you have to lose your buzz. I'm sure they also want to curb binge drinking instead of encouraging it.
Yeah, I was thinking in terms of $ from a fan POV. If I remember correctly they served alcohol in Folsom during the mid 80's to early 90's? I was way too young to drink during that time span, so I could easily be wrong.

Yes, CU was one of only a handful around the country that allowed reentry, and most college stadiums don't serve alcohol from my understanding. I know Camp Randall in Wisconsin has a no reentry policy AND is a dry stadium.

CU fans should stop bitching

Yes, CU was one of only a handful around the country that allowed reentry, and most college stadiums don't serve alcohol from my understanding. I know Camp Randall in Wisconsin has a no reentry policy AND is a dry stadium.

CU fans should stop bitching
I guess we will see how it goes. In recent memory, it has been impossible to even grab a bite to eat in the stadium, and make it back to your seat for the second half. They better account for that, plus the addition of thousands who are no longer allowed to access their expensive tailgate spots.

I don't drink any more, so I don't care about that. I'm just saying that the AD better meet their best fans half way, if they are going to adopt policies like this.

Great. So, instead of missing the start of the second half to grab a beer and a brat at a tailgate, everyone can miss the start of the second half waiting in line at the the already overwhelmed concession stands. If they are serious about this, they better completely overhaul concessions, from top to bottom. Otherwise, they are just making the overall game day product ****tier.
So either way you’re planning to miss the beginning of the 2nd half but the food and drinks now benefit the AD. Shocker.

Tailgating is great fun but halftime is 15-20 minutes, if you’re walking all the way out to the lot to get food and drinks, you’re not really worried about seeing the beginning of the second half.

I guess we will see how it goes. In recent memory, it has been impossible to even grab a bite to eat in the stadium, and make it back to your seat for the second half. They better account for that, plus the addition of thousands who are no longer allowed to access their expensive tailgate spots.

I don't drink any more, so I don't care about that. I'm just saying that the AD better meet their best fans half way, if they are going to adopt policies like this.
They need to clean up the concession time, I agree. I couldn't give two ****s less about the expensive tailgate spots. Those are for the 5 hours prior to kickoff, not the 20 minute half time.

So either way you’re planning to miss the beginning of the 2nd half but the food and drinks now benefit the AD. Shocker.

Tailgating is great fun but halftime is 15-20 minutes, if you’re walking all the way out to the lot to get food and drinks, you’re not really worried about seeing the beginning of the second half.
Way to miss the point. I am always in my seat for the beginning of the second half. It is actually easier for me to be there if I go out to the gold lot than it is if I try to get some concessions in the stadium. Am I allowed to take a piss at halftime, or is that out of bounds too?

That said, grabbing a dog or a burger at halftime is part of a gameday. If the stadium concessions cannot handle the task (and they can't), then they better figure it out. I have sat in line for thirty minutes, only to be told that they just ran out of what I wanted, and I have seen that **** happen to my friends on multiple occasions. I have brought out-of-towners to games, only to witness their utter disbelief with the ineptitude of the concessions staffs. That's a bad fan experience, straight up.

Yeah, I was thinking in terms of $ from a fan POV. If I remember correctly they served alcohol in Folsom during the mid 80's to early 90's? I was way too young to drink during that time span, so I could easily be wrong.
iirc, Folsom going dry was a Big 12 thing which wasn't a Big 8 policy. Pac-12 allowed booze again. Not sure if there's still a Big 12 prohibition (something which may also impact those realignment decisions).

Way to miss the point. I am always in my seat for the beginning of the second half. It is actually easier for me to be there if I go out to the gold lot than it is if I try to get some concessions in the stadium. Am I allowed to take a piss at halftime, or is that out of bounds too?

That said, grabbing a dog or a burger at halftime is part of a gameday. If the stadium concessions cannot handle the task (and they can't), then they better figure it out. I have sat in line for thirty minutes, only to be told that they just ran out of what I wanted, and I have seen that **** happen to my friends on multiple occasions. I have brought out-of-towners to games, only to witness their utter disbelief with the ineptitude of the concessions staffs. That's a bad fan experience, straight up.
Eh, halftime is a rush for concessions everywhere. Sure, they can improve and they should but I have little sympathy for the tailgate argument. Something about people referring to themselves as the “best fans” while complaining because they want the right to eat their own food and drinks to avoid concessions that benefit the AD rings hollow to me.

Eh, halftime is a rush for concessions everywhere. Sure, they can improve and they should but I have little sympathy for the tailgate argument. Something about people referring to themselves as the “best fans” while complaining because they want the right to eat their own food and drinks to avoid concessions that benefit the AD rings hollow to me.
The people in the gold lot pay a lot more (to the AD) for those spots than what people pay for concessions inside.

And, I assure you, as a very regular spectator of sporting events at a wide range of venues. CU is at or near the bottom when it comes to concessions management.

iirc, Folsom going dry was a Big 12 thing which wasn't a Big 8 policy. Pac-12 allowed booze again. Not sure if there's still a Big 12 prohibition (something which may also impact those realignment decisions).
They sold beer at Folsom for a couple of years after the expansion to the Big XII. The drinking ban was in response to a massive number of fan ejections in 1995, and was originally supposed to be a two-year experiment.

To my knowledge, it was not mandated in any way by the Big XII.

Just sneak in a couple-three airline bottles of liquor. Openly bring in a factory-sealed plastic bottle of your favorite mixer and a large empty plastic drink container (both of which are allowed). Mix that shiz up in one of the stalls in the Balch restroom. Problem solved.

The people in the gold lot pay a lot more (to the AD) for those spots than what people pay for concessions inside.

And, I assure you, as a very regular spectator of sporting events at a wide range of venues. CU is at or near the bottom when it comes to concessions management.
Fair. I'm hopeful that vendors serving people in our seats (at least beverage service) can be ramped up to meet demand. On a hot day, being able to get water - hot chocolate on a cold day - would do so much to improve fan experience.

They sold beer at Folsom for a couple of years after the expansion to the Big XII. The drinking ban was in response to a massive number of fan ejections in 1995, and was originally supposed to be a two-year experiment.

To my knowledge, it was not mandated in any way by the Big XII.
I'm pretty sure that there was a conference vote in there. Led by the Nubs, I believe.

I'm pretty sure that there was a conference vote in there. Led by the Nubs, I believe.
If that's true, I have never heard about it, and I was an extremely avid season-ticket holder (and beer drinker!) back then.

Fair. I'm hopeful that vendors serving people in our seats (at least beverage service) can be ramped up to meet demand. On a hot day, being able to get water - hot chocolate on a cold day - would do so much to improve fan experience.
I would have bought $50 worth of water during that '19 Nebraska game if they had done that

Back