What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring game - April 22, 2023 - LIVE ON ESPN

The people in the gold lot pay a lot more (to the AD) for those spots than what people pay for concessions inside.

And, I assure you, as a very regular spectator of sporting events at a wide range of venues. CU is at or near the bottom when it comes to concessions management.
There will always be someone who wants to buy a gold lot spot even with this policy so the money you spent is irrelevant. That’s like arguing that hot dogs in the stadium should be free for people who buy 50 yard line seats because they’re paying so much more than cheap seats.

No one is disputing the concessions should run more smoothly, but that’s a different argument than being allowed in and out at halftime just because you paid for a spot in the gold lot. I’d have more sympathy for you if you were against this policy for everyone instead of just gold lot people.

In 2016, just prior to the Magical Season, I strolled right into Folsom for the spring game with a six pack in my backpack. The tone was hushed amongst the 1900 fans assembled, as QB Davis Webb had just announced his decision to not enroll at CU as a grad transfer in favor of Cal. This was when Liufau's foot injury made him uncertain for the 2016 season, and all that was left was an untested Montez. The season went OK, though...

There will always be someone who wants to buy a gold lot spot even with this policy so the money you spent is irrelevant. That’s like arguing that hot dogs in the stadium should be free for people who buy 50 yard line seats because they’re paying so much more than cheap seats.

No one is disputing the concessions should run more smoothly, but that’s a different argument than being allowed in and out at halftime just because you paid for a spot in the gold lot. I’d have more sympathy for you if you were against this policy for everyone instead of just gold lot people.
I hate to break it to you, but the people that pay more for seats in Folsom do get access to much better concessions. I was guest in the swanky suites above the Field House once (this was at least twenty years ago), and people literally came in and handed everyone free hot dogs. This may not be the case anymore, but it is inane to suggest that higher paying ticket holders have to wait in the same concession lines as you do.

Also hate to break it to you, but Gold Lot spots are specifically sold as tailgating spots. It is technically not a lot. It is designed to be a tailgating area for those who want to pay for it. They freaking come with a grill, a canopy, and seats. People pay a lot extra to have the use of those spaces to make food and keep their drinks cold.

I hate to break it to you, but the people that pay more for seats in Folsom do get access to much better concessions. I was guest in the swanky suites above the Field House once (this was at least twenty years ago), and people literally came in and handed everyone free hot dogs. This may not be the case anymore, but it is inane to suggest that higher paying ticket holders have to wait in the same concession lines as you do.

Also hate to break it to you, but Gold Lot spots are specifically sold as tailgating spots. It is technically not a lot. It is designed to be a tailgating area for those who want to pay for it. They freaking come with a grill, a canopy, and seats. People pay a lot extra to have the use of those spaces to make food and keep their drinks cold.
The concessions those fans have access to are in the stadium and the revenue benefits the AD.

Anyway this argument is lame and I’m losing interest. I hope for your sake the AD drops Gold lot prices this year to make up for the fact that the “best fans” now have to stand in line with common folk and get their halftime beer and brats from the AD.

The concessions those fans have access to are in the stadium and the revenue benefits the AD.

Anyway this argument is lame and I’m losing interest. I hope for your sake the AD drops Gold lot prices this year to make up for the fact that the “best fans” now have to stand in line with common folk and get their halftime beer and brats from the AD.
You're right. Your refusal to absorb a single point has made this argument tired. I'm out too.

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone said that, but dynamite drop in, Goldstein
So, you're saying that all of this wanking isn't related at all to this thread? Honestly, I don't pay much attention to you ass holes anyway. I'm not going back to check the beginning of this whiney **** show, but this is the Spring game thread.

But the point still holds, chill the **** out. You may actually have a team you don't NEED alcohol to watch.

iirc, Folsom going dry was a Big 12 thing which wasn't a Big 8 policy. Pac-12 allowed booze again. Not sure if there's still a Big 12 prohibition (something which may also impact those realignment decisions).
There is beer at Texas games.

They took beer out of the stadium around the time when CU had earned a reputation for being a party school where binge drinking was the norm. It was a move to combat a reputation. Although it was pointed out that eliminating beer sales would have zero impact on binge drinking (and would probably make the problem worse, which it did) it took 10+ years for them to come to that same conclusion.

They took beer out of the stadium around the time when CU had earned a reputation for being a party school where binge drinking was the norm. It was a move to combat a reputation. Although it was pointed out that eliminating beer sales would have zero impact on binge drinking (and would probably make the problem worse, which it did) it took 10+ years for them to come to that same conclusion.
Yep. When I was in school and we were partying before games, it was always, "alright let's rip a few more shots and head down there" and then with the reentry policy, maybe leave at half time to get back up to the Hill rip a few more and maybe head back if we weren't getting boat raced.

We definitely would have still ripped a few more shots before heading down, but had they sold beer in the stadium, we would have likely stayed more often, drank less liquor, and the AD would have made a lot more money.

BUT, most people and institutions who make rules and policy like that are stupid.

Binge drinking beer cracks me up. I can’t even do it. I’m just full and bloated before I get drunk.

Binge drinking beer cracks me up. I can’t even do it. I’m just full and bloated before I get drunk.
There’s that, too. Who can “binge” 3.2 beer? It was a stupid decision at the time. It was pointed out to them how stupid it was.
They did it anyway, and then acted surprised when it didn’t have the effect they hoped it would.

There’s that, too. Who can “binge” 3.2 beer? It was a stupid decision at the time. It was pointed out to them how stupid it was.
They did it anyway, and then acted surprised when it didn’t have the effect they hoped it would.
Politics. Decisions are made which will get positive press because it sounds good to people even though the people making the decisions had the data to know with a high confidence that it would reduce revenue and have a negative influence on what they were trying to address. Form over substance. It's a great example of how decisions were made at CU-B for a long time. Seems to be getting better, though.

It was like when they told the band not to play the Hey song because "**** 'em up" was being picked up by the TV cameras, so the students just sang it themselves and then added "**** 'em up" to the end of the Fight Song too.

anyone have an interactive "view from my seat" for Folsom? I looked at a couple sites - seatgeek and aviewfrommyseat, but they dont actually have photos for my location, the paciolan site had views while I upgraded, but I cant use that now since it's closed to me.

It’s funny how different people react. I drink so many fluids, regularly. Constantly need fluids—my whole life. In H.S., I’d tour the water fountains during my off periods (then discovered my younger sister did the same thing—it’s a family thing, apparently). SO.. if I didn’t drink beer, and only beer, I’d have been out of my mind throughout college.

Because of that, I’ve never understood people who drink hard alcohol, at all. Who the hell “sips” fluids? lol

It’s funny how different people react. I drink so many fluids, regularly. Constantly need fluids—my whole life. In H.S., I’d tour the water fountains during my off periods (then discovered my younger sister did the same thing—it’s a family thing, apparently). SO.. if I didn’t drink beer, and only beer, I’d have been out of my mind throughout college.

Because of that, I’ve never understood people who drink hard alcohol, at all. Who the hell “sips” fluids? lol
I’m the same way - chugging water all day long (it’s actually sort of a joke with my family and at work). That being said, I do struggle with long-term drinking events - college football Saturdays, holiday cookouts, bar/club nights. Hours of manhattans and martinis is rough.

Jesus Christ, when is our first game, no not the spring game? This other bull****, I'll just leave it alone. :D

Back