What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Practice/Game

Hell, I'm glad I didn't see it.
Could be a bit of bias given 2012 was 10 years ago, but the O-line looks awful, Lewis still holding onto the ball and inaccurate on throws, and the best running back was a walk-on from Dakota Ridge. Sneed looked good and obviously Shrout could be the QB, but he seems to be more Connor Wood like to me than anything else. Luckily with the transfer portal and a new coach next year, we could get this ship turned around quickly imo.

Could be a bit of bias given 2012 was 10 years ago, but the O-line looks awful, Lewis still holding onto the ball and inaccurate on throws, and the best running back was a walk-on from Dakota Ridge. Sneed looked good and obviously Shrout could be the QB, but he seems to be more Connor Wood like to me than anything else. Luckily with the transfer portal and a new coach next year, we could get this ship turned around quickly imo.
Except Connor Wood never played prior to CU, it was all just hype based on his HS 4* rating. Shrout was presumably the best QB on Tennessee's roster and had success there, but didn't mesh with Heupel. Tennessee fans weren't pumped to see him transfer. Offerdahl was also the best RB because he and Stacks pretty much took the bulk of the carries. Jefferson, Fontenot, Smith and Venn are your RB1-4 and none of them played outside of a few snaps for Smith. They were also without Tommy Brown on the OL, Brady Russell played sparingly, Fauria didn't participate, and neither did Penry or Ty Robinson.

It was a scrimmage essentially featuring a second string offense at most positions.

Hope you are right about the portal and coach. Question though. Are they even running a true West Coast system? A lot of zone blocking, quick reads like slants in the passing game, take deep shots later. If so, Idk why he's holding on to the ball so much, unless he's having trouble reading what looks he's getting or can't find anyone open. Probably a combo of both. I get they'll put zone read in and ****, but in the passing game in a West Coast O, you need to be getting the ball out pretty quick. Ugh, I'm spoiled from the past and it seems like a different lifetime outside of one year.

Except Connor Wood never played prior to CU, it was all just hype based on his HS 4* rating. Shrout was presumably the best QB on Tennessee's roster and had success there, but didn't mesh with Heupel. Tennessee fans weren't pumped to see him transfer. Offerdahl was also the best RB because he and Stacks pretty much took the bulk of the carries. Jefferson, Fontenot, Smith and Venn are your RB1-4 and none of them played outside of a few snaps for Smith. They were also without Tommy Brown on the OL, Brady Russell played sparingly, Fauria didn't participate, and neither did Penry or Ty Robinson.

It was a scrimmage essentially featuring a second string offense at most positions.
Both of you bringing up ****ing Connor Wood :(, just put me out of my misery.:D

But that one pass to PRich in the CSU game, that was pretty sweet, right?

At first blush, you can count 10-12 players from the 2012 team that hit NFL rosters. This team has maybe 2-3. It will be a good debate when this year's starters are locked in.
Richardson (who did not play at all that year), Crawley (true freshman), Kasa, Munyer, and Tupou are literally the only players who played in the NFL from that team.

Good point, we don’t just have bad talent at the “top” but also have comically bad depth and lack the S&C needed to prevent injuries in spring so we’ll definitely see more of this effort in the fall

Yay

Richardson (who did not play at all that year), Crawley (true freshman), Kasa, Munyer, and Tupou are literally the only players who played in the NFL from that team.
Crowley, Richardson, Polk, Henderson, Spruce, Kasa, Powell, Munyer, Tupou, Bakhtiari, Nembot, Pericak, Uzo-Diribe all had at least a cup of coffee in pro football. How many dudes do you think will get that from the 2022 roster? Honest question.

Crowley, Richardson, Polk, Henderson, Spruce, Kasa, Powell, Munyer, Tupou, Bakhtiari, Nembot, Pericak, Uzo-Diribe all had at least a cup of coffee in pro football. How many dudes do you think will get that from the 2022 roster? Honest question.
A cup of coffee? Probably close to that. Maybe a little less.

To end this stupid discussion, I'll bet you that the 2022 team has more wins than the 2012 team.

*Throws up in mouth while typing

A cup of coffee? Probably close to that. Maybe a little less.

To end this stupid discussion, I'll bet you that the 2022 team has more wins than the 2012 team.

*Throws up in mouth while typing
Oh, they will. And...
ill i feel sick GIF

Fair points. Shrout was successful at throwing the ball to the other team when at UT, but I'll stop. It's a spring scrimmage and I went into it with a frustrated attitude. Only so much you can take from a "spring showcase". I was hoping to come away with some excitement and it did the opposite, but not sure what I was expecting. The 2013 team was my freshman year and since one of my best friends from high school was part of that recruiting class I am partial. I know we are talking about the 2012 team, but lets be honest not much of a difference between 2012 and 2013 other than the coaching staff.

Back