What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2020 COVID Coaching Carousel

Do you think he could go to a place like CU or Iowa State or Indiana and win a natty?
Oh, yeah! If those schools gave him the exact same $$$ & resources as Bama gives him, plus, 6-8 20 yr. old FR OL/DL every year, who all RS'ed for two years in HS!!

You give him that at those schools, and it's easy!

With the news out that Urban Meyer turned down Texas after a very public pursuit, things are going to be really weird down there going forward. Pretty clear there was no Plan B.

In other news, rumors that an extension for Harbaugh will be announced this week.

With the news out that Urban Meyer turned down Texas after a very public pursuit, things are going to be really weird down there going forward. Pretty clear there was no Plan B.

In other news, rumors that an extension for Harbaugh will be announced this week.
Does Urban not want to get back into coaching or is the UT environment that toxic? I guess Saban turned it down years ago, too, so maybe it shouldn't surprise me

UT...now Herman knows he is a dead man walking.\

If Michigan extends Harbaugh, I will chuckle.

They might as well keep Tom Herman then. I'm not sure there's a plan B to Urban that would fit what UT needs.

We should be rooting for a Tom herman firing, right? Try to pry Gunnar Heim away from the Horns?

We should be rooting for a Tom herman firing, right? Try to pry Gunnar Heim away from the Horns?
Chaos at Texas is good for anybody who recruits down there obviously. I've got a bunch of friends who are Texas alums (like me-they post on their boards and go to a couple games a year. They're not donors though)-they thought Urban or Herman would stay put. The plan B candidates (Cristobal, Fleck, etc) are hard no's with them.

Last edited:
Meyer said no due to health concerns.

In other curious news:

tenor.gif

I can't blame the guy. The money is one thing, the people you have to ****ing deal with is another. I don't think that much of Urban either. Great coach, sure.

There are 2 guys who can have any opening they want (and could even push a HC out if they really wanted a job) - Urban and Stoops. It doesn't seem like either is in a hurry to end his early retirement.

There are 2 guys who can have any opening they want (and could even push a HC out if they really wanted a job) - Urban and Stoops. It doesn't seem like either is in a hurry to end his early retirement.
Agree.

Urban seems in no hurry to take another job. Also anyone who hires him shouldn't be expecting a long-term hire.

I could see him taking a job, staying for 2-3 years at most, and trying to hand the job of to the assistant of his choice. (Which hasn't always had great results considering how some of the guys he has lobbied for jobs for have done.)

Franklin is having himself a miserable year this year. I think some of that an be attributed to COVID, but they look awful.

Both Franklin and Christobal are at schools that won’t flinch to pay whatever UT might offer. I think by mentioning those two, they just increased the price for their next head coach by at least 20%.

Back