What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2020 COVID Coaching Carousel

Always liked Les ... now he'll have more time to eat grass now

Kansas looks like a job for one man

Macintyre_Mike_2016_CSU_tb_01.jpg

State pride, a sort of southern hospitality to others and outsiders, a strong conviction towards capitalism. Values evolve over time, did Texas have issues with racism that still exist today? Of course but societies change over time. That doesn’t mean that a school song taking pride in your state should just be thrown out.

let’s just get rid of our national anthem too while we are at it because it was created while the institution of slavery was still in place. Why don’t we just get rid of the entire constitution too because after all it was created by people who owned slaves.

there is historical context here that is being completely ignored. Didn’t the university agree to remove all of the statues around campus of confederate generals? All they did was say now we are going a little too far with this ****.

Abraham Lincoln is getting cancelled. That ****ing racist deserves it.

Mandel suggests the Triple Option, which I know always gets suggested for bad programs, but KU is a special kind of awful for a P5 program and it actually might not be a bad idea.

Wait, is the song racist?
Or was it based off a racist song?
Or was it because it was previously performed in minstrel shows?

Or is it because of the tune (I’ve been working on the railroad)...’cause if this is any part of it, CU better check itself with Glory Glory Colorado.
CU's bands have removed the "dixie lick" from the fight song. Most people didn't know it was in there. Added during the 70s I believe.

Because that’s not what the students said, they want the school to drop the song entirely. So then by saying you want to drop the song completely because it is racist you are essentially telling boosters, fans and alumni they are all racist if they stay out and sing it. It’s not a shock that pisses some people off, especially those two donate millions to the athletic department so these athletes can have better facilities than the majority of the NFL.
Not even sure I grabbed the most appropriate post of yours in this thread, but as a simple gauge I'd propose you look at the groups involved.

Young diverse student-athletes: "This is kind of racist, we hate it and want it to go away."

Old rich white dudes: "Shut your mouth son or you'll never work in this state again."

SPecific to this thread do you see those undercurrents? the themes? potential issues?

Not even sure I grabbed the most appropriate post of yours in this thread, but as a simple gauge I'd propose you look at the groups involved.

Young diverse student-athletes: "This is kind of racist, we hate it and want it to go away."

Old rich white dudes: "Shut your mouth son or you'll never work in this state again."

SPecific to this thread do you see those undercurrents? the themes? potential issues?
That’s why I said from the beginning that it is a pretty dumb situation. An over analyzed issue followed by a stupid response where they dug their heels in. I think the only part of your response that I would disagree with is the old, rich white dudes part. UT had a bunch of push back from a wide variety of alumni and boosters. The stuff that was leaked out was from boosters threatening to pull support but the school said they received pushback from a lot more people than that, including current students. It’s a pretty dumb situation all around.

Mandel suggests the Triple Option, which I know always gets suggested for bad programs, but KU is a special kind of awful for a P5 program and it actually might not be a bad idea.
It would still work, if you have the personnel to run it. Don't hire Jalapeno as your coach though. The problem is, how many want to play in a system like that now? Hell, most have never even seen it.

Last edited:
It would still work, if you have the personnel to run it. Don't hire Jalapeno as your coach though. The problem is, how many want to play in a system like that now? Hell, most have never even seen it.

Jalapeno's dream job would be coaching at some FCS school given how often he posts about that on here.

KU AD Gone as Well:

th.jpg

Back