What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

So him dying for his convictions is something to look up to?

Here is a whole bunch of people who stuck to their convictions.

Look up to? Maybe that’s not really the right term. I wouldn’t do the same thing in the same situation, so I can’t really say I look up to that set of choices. I do respect it, though. I think a lot of folks here are having difficulty separating agreement with his choice from respect for what he gave up to make that choice. Two very different things.

Look up to? Maybe that’s not really the right term. I wouldn’t do the same thing in the same situation, so I can’t really say I look up to that set of choices. I do respect it, though. I think a lot of folks here are having difficulty separating agreement with his choice from respect for what he gave up to make that choice. Two very different things.
It's a vaccine. What a hero.

It’s possible to vehemently disagree with him and his actions while acknowledging the fact that he gave up everything he has for what he believes. I don’t have to have those same beliefs to respect that. The easy thing to do would be to get the stupid vaccine. Call him stupid, crazy, hypocritical, reckless, shortsighted, moronic, etc. I can’t argue against any of those descriptors. But you can’t say he isn’t a man who sticks to his convictions.

What does he believe?

What does he believe?
I think this is my issue, and Duff also mentioned it. He would have you believe he is standing strong in his convictions, values and beliefs, but has never addressed any of this publicly or talked about what, specifically, he believes and why. So at this point, as SINK said, the value he is standing strong for is stubbornness and being susceptible to Right wing propaganda

What does he believe?
That he doesn’t want to take the vaccine. That much is clear. Why he doesn’t want to take it remains a mystery, and I’m not going to speculate on that. I really don’t care, to be honest.

I think this is my issue, and Duff also mentioned it. He would have you believe he is standing strong in his convictions, values and beliefs, but has never addressed any of this publicly or talked about what, specifically, he believes and why. So at this point, as SINK said, the value he is standing strong for is stubbornness and being susceptible to Right wing propaganda

Who needs both sides of a conversation when we have benevolent leaders to do our thinking for us? Muh Science!

Doesn’t matter much to me why he doesn’t want to take it. If he just said “it’s a personal choice” would that make everyone happy or should he need to power point it with visuals?

I’m in the camp that respects someone who sticks to their convictions.

Doesn’t matter much to me why he doesn’t want to take it. If he just said “it’s a personal choice” would that make everyone happy or should he need to power point it with visuals?

I’m in the camp that respects someone who sticks to their convictions.

it’s not a personal choice. It’s a public health matter. It affects other people. Even elementary school kids need vaccinations to attend kindergarten.

it’s not a personal choice. It’s a public health matter. It affects other people. Even elementary school kids need vaccinations to attend kindergarten.
I disagree. Any medication of any kind is a personal choice.
You can still choose not to vaccinate your child despite the public school requirements.

You can still choose not to vaccinate your child despite the public school requirements.

That's absolutely not true. And not if you want to attend said school. His choice was not the vaccine, it was whether to keep his job or not. He chose to get fired.

There are a lot of personal choices that people make and they shouldn’t be respected simply because they are willfully ignorant. As 96 mentioned, do you respect racists and homophobic people for sticking to their convictions?

That it was obvious in my post that you could make that choice and homeschool your child.

There are a lot of personal choices that people make and they shouldn’t be respected simply because they are willfully ignorant. As 96 mentioned, do you respect racists and homophobic people for sticking to their convictions?
Can’t tell if serious. It’s possible to analyze situations independently without applying to all situations in which someone holds strong beliefs.

Let me know when your six year old gives up his college fund to avoid eating his grapes.

Dumbest response ever. You're defending a guy that doesn't even know what he believes.

Mods may need to prune this thread soon to a new one where anti-vaxxers defend clueless guy.

Can’t tell if serious. It’s possible to analyze situations independently without applying to all situations in which someone holds strong beliefs.
So you’re not actually saying you respect him having high conviction, but that you respect his conviction of being an anti vaxxer.

Rolovich chose not to engage at all in the conversation, but okay.

There are a couple dozen posts in the past hour or so that I wish hadn't engaged in the conversation. **** politics, **** political posts, **** the ****s that post political posts. Put the ****ing political posts in the ****ing political folder where I have it on ignore.

There are a couple dozen posts in the past hour or so that I wish hadn't engaged in the conversation. **** politics, **** political posts, **** the ****s that post political posts. Put the ****ing political posts in the ****ing political folder where I have it on ignore.
Its actually more of a public health debate, but okay.

Maybe Rolovich should have left politics out of sports amiright?

Back