What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

So you’re not actually saying you respect him having high conviction, but that you respect his conviction of being an anti vaxxer.
Correct. I stated I respected his conviction specifically related to his stance on the vaccine.
If he said “I’m also a racist” with high conviction I would say I don’t support that as my personal beliefs are that racists are bad people.

His convictions are patently wrong. I certainly hope you don't respect people who stick to racist convictions, or convictions that 9-11 was an inside job or convictions that the holocaust never happened.
I generally agree with you but I will say that over the course of my life, I am alarmed at the amount of “conspiracy” theories that turned out to be true.
Don’t be too sure about anything.

Taking an aspirin is a personal choice. A vaccine during a pandemic has impact beyond yourself. Do you understand this difference?
Um nope. Same thing my man. Vaccines or any types of medicines don’t change their nature based on public needs or circumstances.
“Impact beyond yourself”. You guys are funny.

Me, coming to see if anyone's discussing WSU...then...

Run Away GIF

Um nope. Same thing my man. Vaccines or any types of medicines don’t change their nature based on public needs or circumstances.
“Impact beyond yourself”. You guys are funny.
Established legal precedent in the US says your rights do not supersede public health.

Whether that is smoking in public, vaccines, or driving recklessly, you do not have the right to endanger other citizens health.

Regardless, Rolovich’s rights weren’t infringed. His employer has the right to terminate him if he doesn’t comply with their policies. He was free to go on about his business, just not with WSU.

So him dying for his convictions is something to look up to?

Here is a whole bunch of people who stuck to their convictions for you to look up to.

If he wants to risk dying for his convictions fine. Can't respect the decision but respect that choice.

What I can't respect and the real reason he got fired is that choice is one that the science clearly shows puts other people at risk.

Most of us here know who sits in the rows behind the bench at Folsom, mostly older long-time fans of the program. Many of the players go home on a bye weekend or a holiday to a home with seniors in it or immunocompromised people, most of them go to classes with professors who are in higher risk categories.

Yes if he wants to live by his convictions more power to him but a condition of his employment is to act in a manner that complies with the health directives of the university. He chose not to, he got the logical consequence. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Quick one-off observations on RoloNoVax:

1) His immediate family deserves better, if you buy the concept that the main "breadwinner" in a family is supposed to, you know, win the bread.
His posing as though a shot in the arm during a pandemic presents an existential moral crisis requiring a stoic hero's response is ludicrous. No one
was asking Rolovich to herd innocent human beings into boxcars, or fly planes into buildings. Geezus. Now he's just an unemployed goofball.

2) The football players and everyone else associated with the Wazzu program deserve better, i.e. a leader that knows how to make sound judgments in service of
a greater good. He let a lot of people down over an unworthy issue, and he's irresponsible. Sounds like he was watching too much cable TV news.

And finally, an argument could be made that even though young people (players) are statistically unlikely to get serious cases of Covid, isn't it incumbent on the coaching staff to take all reasonable steps necessary to make sure that their chances of contracting and transmitting Covid within the program are as minimal as possible?

My Dad used to call these kinds of people Crackpots.

It’s pretty easy to stand by your conviction when you’ve already made millions and are going to land on your feet just fine. They’re may be people who I will respect for their conviction but Rolovich is not one of them.

Last edited:
I generally agree with you but I will say that over the course of my life, I am alarmed at the amount of “conspiracy” theories that turned out to be true.
Don’t be too sure about anything.
In all sincerity - can you start a thread in the Political forum. I’d love to hear some of these.
(just don’t want to get into them here in the Coaching Carousel thread).

Back