What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

I've seen Joe Brady as a candidate listed in multiple places. Guy hates recruiting and is the main reason he left LSU after the 1 year. He likes the NFL. I doubt he even interviews but I could be wrong I suppose.

I've seen Joe Brady as a candidate listed in multiple places. Guy hates recruiting and is the main reason he left LSU after the 1 year. He likes the NFL. I doubt he even interviews but I could be wrong I suppose.
Zero point zero percent chance he goes.

Yeah, he's going to be an NFL HC candidate if not after this year, within the next couple years

True. I think he'd fit there really well.

I think LSU is a better fit than other openings that are, or are gonna be, available. I just don't know if his schemes would work against SEC talent, even if he's recruiting better talent than he can get at okie lite. Would be fun to watch.

I'm really not sure that $ is enough to pry him away from stoolwater. We'll see if 1 or more of those other places has enough of everything else to pry him away from home.

The cowboys are on track for 10 or 11 win season. Gotta think is name will be on more than a few wish lists.

I think LSU is a better fit than other openings that are, or are gonna be, available. I just don't know if his schemes would work against SEC talent, even if he's recruiting better talent than he can get at okie lite. Would be fun to watch.

I'm really not sure that $ is enough to pry him away from stoolwater. We'll see if 1 or more of those other places has enough of everything else to pry him away from home.

The cowboys are on track for 10 or 11 win season. Gotta think is name will be on more than a few wish lists.
No doubt. Hard to not consider the Bedlam winner a playoff contender right now, and that game's in Stillwater.

Firing for cause might stick. Especially since he was on a win streak and it clearly wasn't a termination due to job performance

I don’t think the performance of his team matters one iota here. He violated his duty to comply with regulations to do his job and I’d be surprised if his contract didn’t include a clause that said just that in similar language.

My guess is the only chance he has is to challenge the state’s vaccine mandate but WSU’s hands are probably tied as they need to comply with state regulations as a publicly funded school.

I’m very curious to read WSU’s press release and their official reasoning for this.

Rare, twice a day update, but a P12 HC let go, so...

Open jobs:

WSU- Nick Rolovich fired for cause over vaccination status. (h/t BCS)

Ohio- Frank Solich retires at the end of the year after 16 successful years as the Bobcat HC. (h/t Deniro) Health related retirement. Good for him to leave on his own terms.

UCONN- Randy Edsall, formerly a hot prospect, has taken UCONN to depths of despair not previously known. Losses to FCS Holy Cross, and two shutouts against Purdue and Fresno St. sealed his fate. Six wins in his four years as HC of UCONN, 2.0. Ouch. (h/t Deniro) Who is the next person up? Don't know, but Joe Moorhead has been mentioned, I kind of will believe that when I see it.

USC- The big one. (h/t Deniro, also check Jens' USC Fires Clay Helton megathread). Mike Bohn is on the clock. My guess is Fickell, and then Franklin, in that order.

Georgia Southern- Chad Lunsford out. (h/t Carolina Buff)

FIU- Butch Davis is a gonna hang it up at the end of the year and retire.

LSU- Ed O out. (h/t Carolina Buff), apparently when Ed O isn't covering up sexual assaults and turning in unsatisfactory W-L records, he is propositioning random women at gas stations, unfortunately, the last lady of the pump was an LSU muckety-muck's wife. (h/t 14er). Who's gonna be? Melvin? Dave Aranda? Jakes Franklin? Joe Brady? Billy Napier? Ed O's buyout is $17M (h/t Creebuzz), about a dollar more than luminaries like HCKD. I would say Ed O will retire and go into broadcasting, but.....

Filled Jobs:

Ohio- Tim Albin gets the job (h/t ahoelsken).

Possibles:

ASU- Herm Edwards has some pretty flagrant stuff hanging over his head, hard to believe it doesn't cost him.

N. Texas- Seth Littrell siting at about .500

UNLV- Arroyo 0-12. (h/t ahoelsken)

kNU- Frosty
Minny rows the boat around the ****ers, fans, admin and farmers getting antsy.

Other news:

Urban Meyer- Gets his freak on after visiting the grand kids.

Mizzou- fires DL coach midseason, an impossibility I am told. (h/t Deniro)

Last edited:
Firing for cause might stick. Especially since he was on a win streak and it clearly wasn't a termination due to job performance
Without going to look at his contract (because I really cant’ be bothered), I think you are likely correct. Most employers can terminate an employee for cause for insubordination. And refusing to take an FDA approved vaccine when required by an employer would almost certainly count.

I love that Rolovich is fired for cause. Not only does he lose his job but he doesn't get paid.
No problem though, he should be able to find an assistant position in Texas, Florida, or a someplace like Liberty University.

And have to laugh at the idea of Ed O. going into the media. They will have to closed caption him just so people can understand what he is muttering/grumbling.

I love that Rolovich is fired for cause. Not only does he lose his job but he doesn't get paid.
No problem though, he should be able to find an assistant position in Texas, Florida, or a someplace like Liberty University.

And have to laugh at the idea of Ed O. going into the media. They will have to closed caption him just so people can understand what he is muttering/grumbling.
He'll probably get the Baylor job after Aranda leaves for LSU.

I hope WSU doesn’t try and poach KD from us.
In all seriousness, they should hire Chev. We should go on their boards & Twitter feeds to push this.

Talking points:

1. Kingsbury disciple.
2. Great recruiter for TX, CA & JUCO.
3. So valued he survived 2 coaching changes & was a fan favorite to get the job over Dorrell.

Let's make this happen.

In all seriousness, they should hire Chev. We should go on their boards & Twitter feeds to push this.

Talking points:

1. Kingsbury disciple.
2. Great recruiter for TX, CA & JUCO.
3. So valued he survived 2 coaching changes & was a fan favorite to get the job over Dorrell.

Let's make this happen.
i hear that Coach Rod taught Nick Saban everything he knows.

You'd have to caption it, but I always thought a mystery science theater type football show with a former coach and player watching a game and talking **** about it (including dvr rewind moments - "the announcers didn't even notice what happened to number 22 on this play, watch this!" ) would be great viewing. Ed O strikes me as a coach that would do well in that type of role. But he'd definitely need captions.

Back