What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

I wonder if the Navy job could come open after this season after Navy's AD fired the OC and then had to re-instate the fired OC as a QB coach plus Coach Ken Niumatalolo will call the offensive plays going forward.

I wonder if the Navy job could come open after this season after Navy's AD fired the OC and then had to re-instate the fired OC as a QB coach plus Coach Ken Niumatalolo will call the offensive plays going forward.

Navy is a hot mess-rumor is AD fired the OC without telling the HC. Then Navy fires a different offense coach Monday because that coach will not get COVID shot. So they go back to fired OC and bring him back in a different role.

Navy is a hot mess-rumor is AD fired the OC without telling the HC. Then Navy fires a different offense coach Monday because that coach will not get COVID shot. So they go back to fired OC and bring him back in a different role.
Wow, what a mess.

The worse Navy does, the more I like it. I’m jealous THEY got to fire a guy for not taking his covid shot though.

Sounds like this could be the last season for Diaz at The U and he might not even last the season

There are some trustees who want to move on from Manny Diaz, but a UM official said there is not a significant groundswell toward firing Diaz now, though he cautioned that could change with more bad losses.
Two Miami-based trustees said they would expect Diaz — who has 2 ½ years left on his contract — to be given at least the rest of the season, unless there are multiple embarrassingly lopsided losses in the weeks ahead.

Sounds like this could be the last season for Diaz at The U and he might not even last the season

Cristobal makes a ton of sense for them, and I think he'd go if they could put the dough together to do it-but that move would cost $50m ish if they wanted to do it. Rhett Lashlee would have to be a serious candidate for the UConn job given he's coached there before-but if he's on the market, I'd love him here as an OC.

Last thing-Tim Albin (formerly the OC at Ohio-he's worked for Solich for 2 decades) got the Ohio job. SIAP.

Cristobal makes a ton of sense for them, and I think he'd go if they could put the dough together to do it-but that move would cost $50m ish if they wanted to do it. Rhett Lashlee would have to be a serious candidate for the UConn job given he's coached there before-but if he's on the market, I'd love him here as an OC.

Last thing-Tim Albin (formerly the OC at Ohio-he's worked for Solich for 2 decades) got the Ohio job. SIAP.

Yea I definitely think he'd take the Miami job

It's directly tied to making Donna Shalala president of the university. Huge shift in values away from allowing football to be on an island mostly detached from the mission of the rest of the U.
This.

Miami used to have its own police department. Think about that. A private, non government, non state entity with its own state licensed police department. UM cops were not allowed to arrest an athlete without the Presidents permission first. That Of course was never put in writing. FDLE pulled the license A few years before Shalala arrived and Coral Gables absorbed their officers and took over.

My cousin is high up in the UM medical school and loved Shalala. She did a lot in her time there. If UM can hire dynamic leaders, and one off the world stage, how come CU cant do it?

This.

Miami used to have its own police department. Think about that. A private, non government, non state entity with its own state licensed police department. UM cops were not allowed to arrest an athlete without the Presidents permission first. That Of course was never put in writing. FDLE pulled the license A few years before Shalala arrived and Coral Gables absorbed their officers and took over.

My cousin is high up in the UM medical school and loved Shalala. She did a lot in her time there. If UM can hire dynamic leaders, and one off the world stage, how come CU cant do it?

Who exactly would you want CU to hire?

Putting aside my politics, I'd go for Cory Gardner. I think he'd raise a fvckton if money and want winning football.
I'd be alright with that. I don't really care about the politics of the university president-as long as they do what's in the best interests of the university.

But is Gardner a BUFF through and through? Because as we know, that's the first prerequisite to do anything that even touches the CUAD.
Has CU even found another president yet?

But is Gardner a BUFF through and through? Because as we know, that's the first prerequisite to do anything that even touches the CUAD.
Has CU even found another president yet?
Think he got his JD at CU

If you are talkin about university presidents you are talking politics.
Yes, but not like he's going to be voting on federal law as a university president so much of my personal politics is irrelevant to what I'd think of him in that job vs US Senator.

Back