What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

It is comforting to know the Wazzu AD is only 40% smarter than RG. We're still in the running.
That AD has also put their athletic department in over a 100 million dollar hole as well and I still think he is more competent than RG

LSU's next four games:

@ Kentucky
Florida
@ Ole Miss
@ Alabama

Unlikely they get through that stretch with a winning record intact, so Orgeron being gone almost seems an inevitability.

The names I saw in an article yesterday were: Jimbo Fisher, James Franklin, and Lane Kiffin.

LSU's next four games:

@ Kentucky
Florida
@ Ole Miss
@ Alabama

Unlikely they get through that stretch with a winning record intact, so Orgeron being gone almost seems an inevitability.

The names I saw in an article yesterday were: Jimbo Fisher, James Franklin, and Lane Kiffin.
Oh my god, I just looked into it. Fisher’s buyout is exactly $0 if he leaves. So he has $75mm guaranteed, and a $0 buyout. That is insane that A&M agreed to that.

The week the Buffs can't lose update.

Open jobs:

Ohio- Frank Solich retires at the end of the year after 16 successful years as the Bobcat HC. (h/t Deniro) Health related retirement. Good for him to leave on is own terms. No idea who takes over. UPDATE: Tim Albin gets the job. (h/t hoelsken)

UCONN- Randy Edsall, formerly a hot prospect, has taken UCONN to depths of despair not previously known. Losses to FCS Holy Cross, and two shutouts against Purdue and Fresno St. sealed his fate. Six wins in his four years as HC of UCONN, 2.0. Ouch. (h/t Deniro) Who is the next person up? Don't know, but Joe Moorhead has been mentioned, I kind of will believe that when I see it.

USC- The big one. (h/t Deniro, also check Jens' USC Fires Clay Helton megathread). Mike Bohn is on the clock. My guess is Fickell, and then Franklin, in that order.

Georgia Southern- Chad Lunsford out. (h/t Carolina Buff)

FIU- Butch Davis is a gonna hang it up at the end of the year and retire.

Possibles:

ASU- Herm Edwards has some pretty flagrant stuff hanging over his head, hard to believe it doesn't cost him.

WSU- Nick Rolovich not working and playing well with others. (h/t holic) I thought this could be a good hire, but not looking good so far.

N. Texas- Seth Littrell siting at about .500

Purdue- Jeff Brohm slightly above .500 in year 6.

kNU- Frosty not getting it done in Lincoln. .400 overall and .333 in B1G play in year 4. So far this year, he is treading water, let's all light a candle for Frosty.

NCSt.- Dave Doeren at .600 in year 9.

Mizzou- fires DL coach midseason, an impossibility I am told. (h/t Deniro)

LSU- Pete Thamel and (h/t holic), suggesting Orgeron may be gone.

Other news:

Urban Meyer- Gets his freak on after visiting the grand kids.

Last edited:
Oh my god, I just looked into it. Fisher’s buyout is exactly $0 if he leaves. So he has $75mm guaranteed, and a $0 buyout. That is insane that A&M agreed to that.
I think we discussed that a while back and still crazy they would do that. A &M must have consulted with RG on those contract terms.

Why would Jimbo go to LSU? He has unlimited funds and everything he could ever want at A&M. I would even say the pressure at LSU is even more than at A&M.

LSU's next four games:

@ Kentucky
Florida
@ Ole Miss
@ Alabama

James Franklin is going to get an absolute massive, massive pay raise, whether its with Penn State or USC/LSU. Franklin's agent is licking his chops

I think we discussed that a while back and still crazy they would do that. A &M must have consulted with RG on those contract terms.

Why would Jimbo go to LSU? He has unlimited funds and everything he could ever want at A&M. I would even say the pressure at LSU is even more than at A&M.

Not sure I get the move either, but the AD who hired him at A&M is now at LSU. He was also AD at Washington when Petersen was hired. Most seem to think he wants a big, established name.

Because his teams peak about now and then fall to absolute ****. He's an offensive guru who's time passed him by. aTm is not a good offense and they are paying him to win a national championship and it's the offense that blows. They are 0-2 in the SEC and they should have lost to CU. He had good teams at FSU in year 4 and 5, but then total garbage. He's in year 4 at aTm and it's already going to garbage.

Thus he has 2 choices.
1. stay at aTm, where he will see mounting pressure and be outed as a clown coach.
2. take over the mess at LSU (or wherever) and reset the cycle because amazingly, people still believe he is a good coach.

Either way, he still gets paid. If I'm his agent, I'm taking option 2.

(I've been a Jimbo naysayer for at least 6 years here and been heckled for it, but I he's done nothing much during this time except get PAID).

Because his teams peak about now and then fall to absolute ****. He's an offensive guru who's time passed him by. aTm is not a good offense and they are paying him to win a national championship and it's the offense that blows. They are 0-2 in the SEC and they should have lost to CU. He had good teams at FSU in year 4 and 5, but then total garbage. He's in year 4 at aTm and it's already going to garbage.

Thus he has 2 choices.
1. stay at aTm, where he will see mounting pressure and be outed as a clown coach.
2. take over the mess at LSU (or wherever) and reset the cycle because amazingly, people still believe he is a good coach.

Either way, he still gets paid. If I'm his agent, I'm taking option 2.

(I've been a Jimbo naysayer for at least 6 years here and been heckled for it, but I he's done nothing much during this time except get PAID).
Buffaholic has been on the “Jimbo is a has-been head coach” mantra for awhile now. The evidence is getting fairly compelling that he’s correct.

CU ended up with a 67% winning percentage and went to a bowl game. 2020 doesn’t count.

TAMU ended up 9-1. Alabama went 13-0 to win the National Championship. Just because you want to invalidate Dorrell's record doesn't wipe out the fact that 2020 counted.

The conference record for Jimbo isn’t that great of late:

FSU 2016: 5-3
FSU 2017: 3-5
ATM 2018: 5-3
ATM 2019: 4-4
ATM 2020: 8-1
ATM 2021: 0-2

2020 was great, but that year gets an asterisk. Take the one year out and he’s a 0.500 coach. Considering the massive talent advantages a coach gets by coaching in Texas and Florida, you would think he would do better.

I’m sure we will all have this mini debate again next year.

I would add that the guy he could replace at LSU, Ed Orgeron, has a conference record as follows:

2016: 4-2
2017: 6-2
2018: 5-3
2019: 8-0
2020: 5-5
2021: 1-1

Last edited:
The week the Buffs can't lose update.

Open jobs:

Ohio- Frank Solich retires at the end of the year after 16 successful years as the Bobcat HC. (h/t Deniro) Health related retirement. Good for him to leave on is own terms. No idea who takes over.

UCONN- Randy Edsall, formerly a hot prospect, has taken UCONN to depths of despair not previously known. Losses to FCS Holy Cross, and two shutouts against Purdue and Fresno St. sealed his fate. Six wins in his four years as HC of UCONN, 2.0. Ouch. (h/t Deniro) Who is the next person up? Don't know, but Joe Moorhead has been mentioned, I kind of will believe that when I see it.

USC- The big one. (h/t Deniro, also check Jens' USC Fires Clay Helton megathread). Mike Bohn is on the clock. My guess is Fickell, and then Franklin, in that order.

Georgia St.- Chad Lunsford out. (h/t Carolina Buff)

FIU- Butch Davis is a gonna hang it up at the end of the year and retire.

Possibles:

ASU- Herm Edwards has some pretty flagrant stuff hanging over his head, hard to believe it doesn't cost him.

WSU- Nick Rolovich not working and playing well with others. (h/t holic) I thought this could be a good hire, but not looking good so far.

N. Texas- Seth Littrell siting at about .500

Purdue- Jeff Brohm slightly above .500 in year 6.

kNU- Frosty not getting it done in Lincoln. .400 overall and .333 in B1G play in year 4. So far this year, he is treading water, let's all light a candle for Frosty.

NCSt.- Dave Doeren at .600 in year 9.

Mizzou- fires DL coach midseason, an impossibility I am told. (h/t Deniro)

LSU- Pete Thamel and (h/t holic), suggesting Orgeron may be gone.

Other news:

Urban Meyer- Gets his freak on after visiting the grand kids.
Urban Meyer will be USC’s next head coach. Book it.

The conference record for Jimbo isn’t that great of late:

FSU 2016: 5-3
FSU 2017: 3-5
ATM 2018: 5-3
ATM 2019: 4-4
ATM 2020: 8-1
ATM 2021: 0-2

2020 was great, but that year gets an asterisk. Take the one year out and he’s a 0.500 coach. Considering the massive talent advantages a coach gets by coaching in Texas and Florida, you would think he would do better.

I’m sure we will all have this mini debate again next year.

The last two years at FSU were pretty bad, especially 2017. No way to sugarcoat how bad of shape that program was in when he left.

But that does not mean he has not done a pretty good job in building A&M. We will see if this year is an outlier, but I would not be surprised at all if 2022 is a big bounce back year.

I'll.be shocked if that's true.

It also seems to me that LSU could get a better, younger candidate than Jimbo.
Meyer is setting himself up to be fired for cause at Jacksonville. The timing of this bizarre strip club video just seems too convenient to me when you consider He’s supposedly been complaining about coaching in the NFL. Combine that with the opening at USC and it’s looking more and more likely to me that he’s the guy in LA next year.
And actually, this doesn’t bother me. No doubt he’s a great college football coach, and the hire will put a lot of eyeballs on the PAC 12. I’m not convinced he will enjoy the same success at USC that he had at OSU and Florida.

The last two years at FSU were pretty bad, especially 2017. No way to sugarcoat how bad of shape that program was in when he left.

But that does not mean he has not done a pretty good job in building A&M. We will see if this year is an outlier, but I would not be surprised at all if 2022 is a big bounce back year.
Could be. I’m not that passionate about it one way or another. I think Jimbo “lost” some of his best years sitting behind Bowden, and the evidence is getting more compelling each year that his best days are behind him.

James Franklin is going to get an absolute massive, massive pay raise, whether its with Penn State or USC/LSU. Franklin's agent is licking his chops
Why would Franklin want his chips licked…much less let his agent do that to him?

Also, their offense might be a lot better if their back up quarterback wasn't completely worthless.
Jimbo Fisher is a QB genius and paid unreal amounts. Is it too much to ask to have groomed a few QBs by now? Do we know the #1 was really good?

His QBs at FSU after Winston were part of his problem.

Happy to watch this car wreck in slow motion.

Jimbo Fisher is a QB genius and paid unreal amounts. Is it too much to ask to have groomed a few QBs by now? Do we know the #1 was really good?

His QBs at FSU after Winston were part of his problem.

Happy to watch this car wreck in slow motion.

I agree with your analysis but I just don't have the heart to want to see TAMU fail with UT in the picture.

LSU's next four games:

@ Kentucky
Florida
@ Ole Miss
@ Alabama

Honestly don’t see why Franklin would do it, especially if U$C is a real option. I want Jimbo to do it just to see Aggie Nation melt completely.

LSU's next four games:

@ Kentucky
Florida
@ Ole Miss
@ Alabama

I'd add Bill O'Brien to that list

Back