What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

If there’s not more to it than his record, this seems foolish.

Maybe there isn't more to it, unless it just hasn't come out yet. According to this they are just really committed to a winning football program.

Georgia Southern is hoping to find a coach who can rekindle its rich history and exploit its fertile recruiting area, as the school has raised significant money in the past year and is ready to continue a strong financial commitment to football.

Georgia Southern went 10-3 under Lunsford in 2018, but has since lost traction in the Sun Belt. Programs like Coastal Carolina and Louisiana rising in recent seasons to join Appalachian State atop the league’s standings.

I look forward to when Dorrell is front and center in this thread. At least I'll have regained some interest in the program when that happens.

Last edited:
Georgia Southern is one of those G5 programs I follow because they allegedly still run the triple option. They fired Tyson Sumners (former Buffs DC) because he was trying to take the Eagles away from the triple option offense they enjoyed success with in the past.

I knew Lunsford was on shaky ground but he’s responsible for his team and surfing the top of a bus while drinking isn’t a good look for the coach even if it’s an idiot player. Reddit users said this happened last year too.

I cringed when the Eagles got boat raced at FAU…that was the beginning of the end of Lunsford.

Kennesaw State near Atlanta runs the triple option and the coach is from the Paul Johnson tree. He might be the next Southern coach.

Last edited:
I'm expecting a large amount of turnover in the Pac-12 HC community after this season outside of the CU job. Here is the current board as it is laid out.

Pac-12 Hot Seat

Justin Wilcox Cal. Wilcox was highly regarded by a quite a few on this board as recently as last season. Cal's offensive scoring in conference games is on par with CU's. Cal's only win on the season is against Sacramento State and in-conference losses to two crappy teams, UW and WSU. I strongly believe this guy losses his job by season end.

Nick Rolovich WSU. Odds appear high that Rolovich won't get his shots and won't be around after this month. Football product pretty much sucks too. Only wins are against Portland State and Cal with one of the losses to Utah State. He is not worth keeping around.

Herm Edwards ASU. This guy will be allowed to retire after the season to avoid being fired for his egregious and stupid cheating in recruiting when he chose to put dozens of high school players and their families lives at risk.

Donte Williams USC. No way no how this guy gets the full time gig at USC. He was chosen specifically to avoid the controversy that surrounded USC's hiring decisions on two of their most recent interim HC's, namely Orgeron and Helton.

Pac-12 Warm Seat

Chip Kelly, UCLA. Another bad loss last night in a game that could have put UCLA in the drivers seat for the Pac-12 South. His record: 3-9, 4-8, 3-4, 3-2, total 13-23. His recruiting has been crap and he's especially failed at his signature position, QB.

Jimmy Lake UW. A big fan of many on this board, a top choice to succeed WAC Mike Mack. Recruiting phenom, crappy coach. I don't think this guy will lose his job after this season, but he has stumbled badly considering the setup he inherited. Maybe Pederson jettisoned because he knew that the team would suck for a few years and left Lake to hold the bag. Whatever is going on in Seattle, it ain't winning football.

Don't let the door hit you...

Mario Cristobal, Oregon. Last night loss to Stanford knocked UO and the Pac-12 conference out of any hope for a spot in the four team playoff. If Cristobal shoots par this year, expect another loss in the regular season. He is a SEC guy. Uncle Phil and all his money is great for UO, but it isn't enough to make the school or the team a destination HC job. UO is and will remain a top shelf stepping stone job. He will be a prime candidate for an SEC or ACC job after this season.

Who exactly would you want CU to hire?
Im not sure. Someone with some strong leadership skills. Kennedy wasnt obviously a problem hire Who had the smarts and grace to see himself to the door when the wind shifted on him.

I liked Benson a lot. With the multi campus system we will never have the person in that role again thats focused on Boulder.

I'm expecting a large amount of turnover in the Pac-12 HC community after this season outside of the CU job. Here is the current board as it is laid out.

Pac-12 Hot Seat

Justin Wilcox Cal. Wilcox was highly regarded by a quite a few on this board as recently as last season. Cal's offensive scoring in conference games is on par with CU's. Cal's only win on the season is against Sacramento State and in-conference losses to two crappy teams, UW and WSU. I strongly believe this guy losses his job by season end.

Nick Rolovich WSU. Odds appear high that Rolovich won't get his shots and won't be around after this month. Football product pretty much sucks too. Only wins are against Portland State and Cal with one of the losses to Utah State. He is not worth keeping around.

Herm Edwards ASU. This guy will be allowed to retire after the season to avoid being fired for his egregious and stupid cheating in recruiting when he chose to put dozens of high school players and their families lives at risk.

Donte Williams USC. No way no how this guy gets the full time gig at USC. He was chosen specifically to avoid the controversy that surrounded USC's hiring decisions on two of their most recent interim HC's, namely Orgeron and Helton.

Pac-12 Warm Seat

Chip Kelly, UCLA. Another bad loss last night in a game that could have put UCLA in the drivers seat for the Pac-12 South. His record: 3-9, 4-8, 3-4, 3-2, total 13-23. His recruiting has been crap and he's especially failed at his signature position, QB.

Jimmy Lake UW. A big fan of many on this board, a top choice to succeed WAC Mike Mack. Recruiting phenom, crappy coach. I don't think this guy will lose his job after this season, but he has stumbled badly considering the setup he inherited. Maybe Pederson jettisoned because he knew that the team would suck for a few years and left Lake to hold the bag. Whatever is going on in Seattle, it ain't winning football.

Don't let the door hit you...

Mario Cristobal, Oregon. Last night loss to Stanford knocked UO and the Pac-12 conference out of any hope for a spot in the four team playoff. If Cristobal shoots par this year, expect another loss in the regular season. He is a SEC guy. Uncle Phil and all his money is great for UO, but it isn't enough to make the school or the team a destination HC job. UO is and will remain a top shelf stepping stone job. He will be a prime candidate for an SEC or ACC job after this season.

If I'm Oregon and let's say Miami's really interested in him, I'd give them a break on his buyout. He's a damn good recruiter, but anybody can recruit to Nike U. The only program I've ever seen that loses as many games to people they shouldn't as Cristobal's Ducks do were Mack Brown's Texas teams.

If I'm Oregon and let's say Miami's really interested in him, I'd give them a break on his buyout. He's a damn good recruiter, but anybody can recruit to Nike U. The only program I've ever seen that loses as many games to people they shouldn't as Cristobal's Ducks do were Mack Brown's Texas teams.
i would take Wilcox. Cal is the toughest job in the Pac-12 and Covid has made it almost impossible

Rolovich appears to be in real jeopardy of being fired on October 18th.

Unclear if he would be fired for cause, but if he is fired without cause, Wazzu only owes him 60% of his remaining salary.

Back