What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

Just seems like a knee-jerk hire by ND. And if they wanted to keep it in house, well Freeman has been there all of 1 season.

Also, the last 2 DC's from ND to get head coaching jobs haven't worked out so well (so far on Lea anyway although to be fair he is in a tough spot)

Just seems like a knee-jerk hire by ND. And if they wanted to keep it in house, well Freeman has been there all of 1 season.

Also, the last 2 DC's from ND to get head coaching jobs haven't worked out so well (so far on Lea anyway although to be fair he is in a tough spot)
I actually think this is my favorite hire of the carousel. There's no downside here-even if Freeman flops, Notre Dame has the financial wherewithal to move on EASILY. That being said, he's extremely impressive. Listening to a podcast he did this week and I get why he's so popular with their players and why he's such a great recruiter (and so highly thought of throughout the sport for that matter). The other thing that stands out here is this-Brian Kelly has tried to get five of Notre Dame's coaches (that doesn't include Freeman) to follow him to LSU. They've all said no. Some of that's obviously because Kelly is a prick......but they don't do this if they all don't see the potential in Freeman.

I'm kind of rooting for them now. Not gonna lie.

A couple of thoughts on the Oklahoma search-read a couple of things tonight saying OU is going to take their time and run a search. Saw a Pat Forde clip-first name he brought up was Bob Stoops-"What if he likes being back in that role?"

Seems like Castiglione is willing to give him a chance to see if that's the case.

If I’m ND the first person I’m making say no is Pat Fitzgerald. I think there’s very few places he’d leave for but ND has to be at the top of that list.

he has had two 3-9 seasons in the last three years.
He’s completely transformed a terrible program. He’s 109-90 at NWU playing in the Big 10. That’s actually pretty astounding. Barnett was 35-45 there. He also has experience coaching at a school with major recruiting restrictions.

He’s completely transformed a terrible program. He’s 109-90 at NWU playing in the Big 10. That’s actually pretty astounding. Barnett was 35-45 there. He also has experience coaching at a school with major recruiting restrictions.

No doubt that his tenure there has been very impressive, and that's why he's not on the hot seat. I just can't imagine a program with Notre Dame's aspirations hiring a guy with two really bad seasons out of the last three and who hasn't had a competent offense for probably a decade.

Barnett also mentioned at one time about coaching at a NW or Stanford is that classes come first, so practices accommodate classes. He said the student athletes are in a very different situation than almost any other institution. It was interesting to listen to him discuss it.

We’ll see. I don’t think Okie beating Baylor a 2nd time this season is going to be seen as a significantly better win than Cincy beating a Houston team that has won 11 in a row - I think it would be hard for the committee to flip them in that case.
Cincinnati being dropped after beating a ranked team this weekend to finish 13-0 isn’t happening.

If the favorites all win this weekend it’s UGA, Michigan, Cincinnati and OSU

Back