What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

Maybe Howell should read that "defense" of KD and then it might click why not a lot of people believe in KD.

not to mention, is it really a 3-4+ rebuild type job these days?

CU wasn't that garbage when he took over

and with the transfer portal, I think the idea a coach needs a full team of "his guys" to be total bull****. Got roster issues? Apparently there's 8,350 dudes in the portal. Get to recruiting them

and with the transfer portal, I think the idea a coach needs a full team of "his guys" to be total bull****. Got roster issues? Apparently there's 8,350 dudes in the portal. Get to recruiting them

Even if you buy everything Howell says there, two things still don't make much sense:

1. Surely Blocking Sled was not forced on KD, so is there any real defense of that awful hire? We're supposed to be hopeful on KD after botching that important hire?

2. Even if he was forced to roll with Chev for two seasons, why was Chev allowed to call plays all season? It was abundantly clear early on it was not working.

Every coach seems to think the program they inherited needs a complete overhaul/rebuild. Someone needs to remind Dorrell (and apparently Howell and Adam) he inherited a program that went 5-7 for 3 straight seasons and all that CU fans are asking for is to go 6-6 right now.

Because Brian Howell says, and I quote,...”there is a percentage (editorial 😂) of restless fans who are ready to dump Dorrell and have already determined he’s not the guy for CU...how anyone can determine that after 18 games, when he doesn’t have many of his own recruits on the roster and when he still hasn’t assembled the staff he wants is beyond me.”

So you see, we’re all insane and therefore he can’t be the wrong guy.
Apples and Oranges. Addazio got fired for four reasons IMO-

1) The South Dakota State loss
2) Getting thrown out of the Nevada game (I can't remember the last time I've seen a football coach actually do that)
3) Drawing more than 30k to a game like once this year-SJSU (which was homecoming).
4) His buyout being what it is right now made it hurt more for them to keep him. I've been saying this all fall-if you don't like the direction of CU's program and you're still going to games........that's on you.

Last edited:
Apples and Oranges. Addazio got fired for three reasons IMO-

1) The South Dakota State loss
2) Getting thrown out of the Nevada game (I can't remember the last time I've seen a football coach actually do that)
3) Drawing more than 30k to a game like once this year-SJSU (which was homecoming).
4) His buyout being what it is right now made it hurt more for them to keep him. I've been saying this all fall-if you don't like the direction of CU's program and you're still going to games........that's on you.

giphy.webp

CSU is a better job, but not sure that makes much sense for either side.
Not sure the current administration would tolerate McElwain's creative interpretation of charact

Burnout.

Plus, with coaching salaries these days, you can afford to take years off and live very comfortably forever.

Good for him - I can respect anyone who reaches that level and can retain some clarity to step back on things that are truly important

Back