What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

June Jones is 68 but he's expressed an interest in going back there again to coach.....UH could do much worse.
He loved it there and I think he only left because he realized he still had career goals that were unreachable with the program's limitations. That wouldn't be the case any more as it would be a true retirement plan job now.

The level of support the athletic department gets at UH is a joke. Do they even have a home stadium to play in these days?

They're getting a new one. Right now their home games are in a tiny 10,000 capacity "place".

Yeah. They’re getting a new one that won’t begin construction for another year. It might be available for the 2025 season. In the meantime, they’re playing at the UH equivalent of Potts Field. UH admin knew 10 years ago that Aloha Stadium was on its last legs and ignored the problem.
I don’t really blame them, though. Running an athletic department in Hawaii is expensive and they don’t generate a lot of revenue. That athletic department runs on a shoestring budget at a time when overall tax revenues for the state are extremely low. I’m unconvinced they can keep that program afloat for the next three years while they wait for the new stadium to be built.

Yeah. They’re getting a new one that won’t begin construction for another year. It might be available for the 2025 season. In the meantime, they’re playing at the UH equivalent of Potts Field. UH admin knew 10 years ago that Aloha Stadium was on its last legs and ignored the problem.
I don’t really blame them, though. Running an athletic department in Hawaii is expensive and they don’t generate a lot of revenue. That athletic department runs on a shoestring budget at a time when overall tax revenues for the state are extremely low. I’m unconvinced they can keep that program afloat for the next three years while they wait for the new stadium to be built.
You might be right. As you say, it's costly to field a football program in Hawaii and the school isn't well run. We shall see.

Part of me is happy to see Michigan win the conference and I want to see how they can use this in the next couple of years but part of me wants the carousel to keep going.
Michigan just paid $490 million to former players who were abused by the team doctor. Yet not a word from the peanut gallery on this board. Part of me wants Michigan burned to the ground, yet not a word here.

Back