What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

In general, Hawaii has been a better program than CU over the past 20 years. Almost every program in the country has been better than CU over the past 20 years.

Despite these facts, the CU athletic program called me recently and notified me that the cost of season tickets for 2022 are going to increase.

CU can’t get out of its own way.
Yes. I got that call as well. I didn’t know whether to laugh or tell the guy to get bent. I reminded myself that it’s not this guys fault. He’s just doing his job. They really are incredibly tone deaf up there.

Yes. I got that call as well. I didn’t know whether to laugh or tell the guy to get bent. I reminded myself that it’s not this guys fault. He’s just doing his job. They really are incredibly tone deaf up there.
I didn’t go off on the guy. Like you said, he is just doing his job. Once I don’t renew after having season tickets since 2010, I expect they will ask why I’m not renewing.

I’m not really angry with CU. I just don’t see any hope for the football program.

Once I don’t renew after having season tickets since 2010, I expect they will ask why I’m not renewing.
I really don't think the AD has any idea how many non renewals they're going to have this year.

Short version is that they've built themselves a bubble and they believe their own press releases.

April/May is going to turn into full fledged panic mode when those renewals just don't seem to be coming in, and it honestly feels like they really, truly don't see it coming.

I really don't think the AD has any idea how many non renewals they're going to have this year.

Short version is that they've built themselves a bubble and they believe their own press releases.

April/May is going to turn into full fledged panic mode when those renewals just don't seem to be coming in, and it honestly feels like they really, truly don't see it coming.
That is the impression I got. The call about the ticket price increase was a nice courtesy, I guess. But it seemed as though they were expecting that I would renew, because the price increase isn’t all that much. What they don’t seem to understand is that the ticket price is immaterial to me. I just don’t see CU being able to compete at this point in time.

With the carousel hitting 100 pages, we have had to buy more lube to keep it spinning and it has cut into the @juntas blow budget. They said they can still use the lube.

Also does this mean Harbaugh is leaving?

That is the impression I got. The call about the ticket price increase was a nice courtesy, I guess. But it seemed as though they were expecting that I would renew, because the price increase isn’t all that much. What they don’t seem to understand is that the ticket price is immaterial to me. I just don’t see CU being able to compete at this point in time.
the pricing increases over the past 8 or so years have been really astronomical, it's caused me to cut back on what I buy.

I used to have:
- Franklin Pass
- 50 Yardline seats
- Good B-Ball Seats
- Protected parking just outside Coors.

2013/4ish that ran me:
1800 for FB Tix & Mandatory donation
~200 to make up the difference to qualify for Franklin
~1650 for hoops+ Parking was included
So all in I was at ~3.6k, I was donating on top of that but that was bare-bones, I was typically into CU for about 10k a year back then.

I Bailed out of Franklin on year 3 of the "tailgate zone" by that time it was:
~1800 for seats
~ mandatory 1k for franklin w/no seat license offset as before
~ 3K Franklin Fee
~2k for hoops + Parking
So now I'm at ~8K

A couple of years later I was informed my parking lot for Hoops now required a 5k donation, and I've seen normal inflation in my ticket prices. Im not sure if I could/can offset some donations against others but to have what I did back in the day for 4K today I'd be looking at:
~2k seats for FB
~5K franklin costs
~2k Hoops tickets
~5K parking for hoops

From sub 4k to 14k in 8 years seems a little steep, that is before this year's increases. So instead of doing that I split my FB seats, still have basketball seats and I send ~5k to a golf club.

Maybe move this one to the recent Coaching Carousel thread? Regardless, is this going to be the end of it or are the guys who are actually in charge (Herm and Pierce) going to take responsibility too?
ASU is playing the long game here hoping the NCAA eventually has no pull. Either way, Herm/Pierce will have to resign

I doubt he's going anywhere, but I thought this headline was interesting. Not a subscriber, so I can't access the story. DP has a story, but just says "Page Unavailable".

UNC football players claim program, Ed McCaffrey ‘failed their student-athletes’

Dozens of football players stood on the University of Northern Colorado sideline near the end of a 35-0 senior day loss to Montana. At the time, at least one was demoralized, angry and fed up. Head coach Ed McCaffrey did not pull his son, quarterback Dylan McCaffrey, or some of the other starters in favor of those who were graduating,...
GREELEY, CO - SEPTEMBER 25:Northern Colorado head coach Ed McCaffrey leads his team as they run out during the first half of the Northern Colorado Bears Big Sky conference opener against the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks at Nottingham Field at the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley Sept. 25, 2021. The Lumberjacks lead the Bears 7-3 at halftime. (Alex McIntyre/Staff Photographer)

Who could have seen this coming?
At least two other posters.
bad boys miami GIF

I doubt he's going anywhere, but I thought this headline was interesting. Not a subscriber, so I can't access the story. DP has a story, but just says "Page Unavailable".

UNC football players claim program, Ed McCaffrey ‘failed their student-athletes’

Dozens of football players stood on the University of Northern Colorado sideline near the end of a 35-0 senior day loss to Montana. At the time, at least one was demoralized, angry and fed up. Head coach Ed McCaffrey did not pull his son, quarterback Dylan McCaffrey, or some of the other starters in favor of those who were graduating,...
GREELEY, CO - SEPTEMBER 25:Northern Colorado head coach Ed McCaffrey leads his team as they run out during the first half of the Northern Colorado Bears Big Sky conference opener against the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks at Nottingham Field at the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley Sept. 25, 2021. The Lumberjacks lead the Bears 7-3 at halftime. (Alex McIntyre/Staff Photographer)
This isn't much-first allegation is bias toward the current staff's recruits. Nothing unusual. Most of their coaches actually live in Denver, and not up there. That's caused a communication issue. Unusual? Yes. The stuff NCAA scandals are made of? No. In football, the Director of Ops can be a sounding board for players. At UNC, that role is held by Max's girlfriend. Whatever. Bad game prep is also an issue according to their players. As with most of this, its weird-and not a recipe for success.....but its not for cause firing type stuff. Ed isn't qualified? Yeah-uhhhhhh didn't we all know that when he got that job? Only real story here is there might be some stuff going on with the way they award scholarships, but that's it.

Non-story. They asked for this when they hired him. He's not qualified to coach a college football team.

Last edited:
Back