What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

Doesn’t take a lot of faith. He’s been a big winner everywhere he’s been and LSU has made winners out of their coaches over the last decade-plus.

Yea, and now he'll have the top-level players he didn't have in South Bend. He witnessed first-hand Rogers and Higgins make acrobatic plays against his defense and Etienne run past them, he saw Lawrence carve up his defense, he saw Davonte Smith toy with his defense and Najee Harris leap a defender in full stride. He knew he was missing elite players like these and couldn't get them into ND. Now he'll be able to get players like these.

They may not have the money to cut the grass on campus but they don't let football suffer lack of funding.

In the new world of NLI and the transfer portal I could see LSU and Kelley being very successful.
I’m guessing that you are talking out of your a$$ as usual. When is the last time you visited the LSU campus, you putz?

I’m guessing that you are talking out of your a$$ as usual. When is the last time you visited the LSU campus, you putz?
Triggered the reactionary idiot again I see.

Talking out your ass is your specialty.

Cutting the grass is a figure of speech you moron. You may have noticed that LSU has taken some serious budget cuts through the years. Prior to the current Governor LSU had eight straight years of significant budget cuts. That trend was slightly reversed but they still aren't back to where they were before even without accounting for inflation. This year again they will be taking a budget cut which will result in no pay raises for faculty and staff.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_6df3cf30-f47c-11ea-80b2-03452b7aaf86.html

Somehow though they manage to have the money to pay to hire one of the highest paid coaches in college football to replace Eddie the Ogler Orgeron who didn't get fired for hitting on random women at gas stations but did get fired for going a little over .500 since the championship year.

They can't give faculty pay raises but they will pay him close to $17 million for not coaching while paying Brian Kelly over $100 million over 10 years.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_6df3cf30-f47c-11ea-80b2-03452b7aaf86.html

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_e3209444-5247-11ec-9e32-ff8fe54a2db2.html

Think it's pretty clear where the priorities are in Baton Rouge but maybe this is why many college football fans are worried for the future of the sport.

Triggered the reactionary idiot again I see.

Talking out your ass is your specialty.

Cutting the grass is a figure of speech you moron. You may have noticed that LSU has taken some serious budget cuts through the years. Prior to the current Governor LSU had eight straight years of significant budget cuts. That trend was slightly reversed but they still aren't back to where they were before even without accounting for inflation. This year again they will be taking a budget cut which will result in no pay raises for faculty and staff.

Somehow though they manage to have the money to pay to hire one of the highest paid coaches in college football to replace Eddie the Ogler Orgeron who didn't get fired for hitting on random women at gas stations but did get fired for going a little over .500 since the championship year.

They can't give faculty pay raises but they will pay him close to $17 million for not coaching while paying Brian Kelly over $100 million over 10 years.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_e3209444-5247-11ec-9e32-ff8fe54a2db2.html

Think it's pretty clear where the priorities are in Baton Rouge but maybe this is why many college football fans are worried for the future of the sport.
I have noticed that you have disparaged LSU, Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan State, Penn State, Baylor, Texas, Utah, ASU, Oregon, USC, and CSU on these boards. There are probably several other programs you have trashed as well that I have missed. I find it comical that you are so self-righteous, while the CU football program and university are being run into the ground. Hopefully you didn't actually go to CU--you are an embarrassment.

I have noticed that you have disparaged LSU, Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan State, Penn State, Baylor, Texas, Utah, ASU, Oregon, USC, and CSU on these boards. There are probably several other programs you have trashed as well that I have missed. I find it comical that you are so self-righteous, while the CU football program and university are being run into the ground. Hopefully you didn't actually go to CU--you are an embarrassment.
When called for I have no hesitation to point out issues with CU.

I don't call it self-righteous to call attention to schools who put football ahead of children being raped, young women gymnast being sexually assaulted, schools knowingly bringing in players with sexual assault histories because they can play, covering up rapist, covering up and protecting individuals who harass or even criminally assault others for being gay and much more.

Don't want to be disparaged, don't be a trash administration that puts winning football games ahead of the lives of innocent people. Don't cheat because winning is more important to you than ethics.

Anyone who can with a straight face defend most of the schools you list is below contempt. If a program is dirty it is dirty. If you justify it in the name of your entertainment and ego then you are just as dirty. And that is the real embarrassment.

I hate seeing what is happening to the CU football program but would you rather CU go hire some big name coach for a ridiculous amount of money who cheats academically, brings in a bunch of guys who abuse and assault co-eds, who know that they will be protected by the athletic department and the school because they win games and act accordingly?

Pull your head out of the cesspool and see what your blind fan reaction has brought.

I have no expectation of perfection or even close. When kids go to college they explore their new found freedoms and things happen. What I expect and will continue to call out for those who fail is that the adults behind the programs have some kind of moral background that protects innocent people ahead of their greed for wins and money..

OK, I’ll bite.

why?
doughy get a life GIF

Maybe he doesn’t want to come here.
I'm pretty sure he wants a coaching job based on some quotes from him. He was making sure he stayed current with TX coaches, players & camps during his 2-year legal battle with KU with an eye to jump back in once it was settled. I think he's available & he has some relationships on the CU staff.

I'm pretty sure he wants a coaching job based on some quotes from him. He was making sure he stayed current with TX coaches, players & camps during his 2-year legal battle with KU with an eye to jump back in once it was settled. I think he's available & he has some relationships on the CU staff.
I think wanting a coaching job and wanting to coach at CU are two totally different things though, especially with the NIL impact.

Chev still jobless.
He’s going to need to do a serious career re-set. Like going to Wyoming as a WR coach or something similar. While I can maybe see that the entirety of the sucktitude on offense this year wasn’t totally his fault, he is still the one most closely associated with it. It’s going to take him a while to recover. I’m hoping he does.

He’s going to need to do a serious career re-set. Like going to Wyoming as a WR coach or something similar. While I can maybe see that the entirety of the sucktitude on offense this year wasn’t totally his fault, he is still the one most closely associated with it. It’s going to take him a while to recover. I’m hoping he does.
If I were a Power 5 coach with a WR coach need, I'd still call him.

Totally disagree. Let the stink wear off from being the OC of a dogshyt offense, let the school pay you, and then get a job for 2023. I bet he’s not even looking.
I'd expect you are right. I think he's listening but probably not looking hard.

Much more important that his next job be successful than be immediate. After this disaster it is more important that his next job be successful than immediate.

He would probably be much better off with being part of a highly successful G5 program than going to another P5 program that doesn't score or win, even if it is as a WR coach. He'd be better if he could get somebody to give him a title like passing game coordinator as well as his position.

Back