What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Pirate claims TG a scoundrel

Not one bit. Just like the dumb assed 1 year cake that you will completely forget about.

6 months in. Already did.
I think we were about 6 weeks in on a random weeknight after dinner, mrs skibum asks if we have anything that we could have for dessert. "We've got the top part of our wedding cake in the freezer." Ate it that night, never thought about it again.

Ouch. That’s absurd.

While I hope they sell lots of those $20,000 weddings, I know I’ll never be the guy writing that check.
If the day comes where I decide to get married I'm eloping. If my future partner insists on a traditional wedding I'll know she's not the one.

Wife and I spent less on our entire wedding than my brother did on the photographer.

In 25 years, we have not once loooked at wedding pix, although I have boxed up and moved the photo album five times over that period.

CU quoted us 20k just to have the ceremony on the rooftop terrace, that doesn't include food or drinks...
Even though she never seriously considered it, I looked into it a little until I saw how pricey the venue alone was. We got a pretty awesome spot in Breck for less than that, which includes open bar and food.

I do have a teenage daughter. But I can also say that if she wants a rooftop terrace wedding, I’ll chip in $5k for it and she can find the rest.
I've got a teenage and another pre-teen daughter. I have meticulously planned for a fully funded reasonable college education with living expenses (think CU in state). If either one of them gets married before the youngest is out of college, I'm hoping my folks step in, because otherwise, I'm ****ed.

Last edited:
Oddly enough, I’m not concerned with the potential cost of the wedding. I will contribute a fixed amount and they can decide how much wedding they need.

I've got a teenage and another pre-teen daughter. I have meticulously planned for a fully funded reasonable college education with living expenses (think CU in state). If either one of them gets married before the youngest is out of college, I'm hoping my folks step in, because otherwise, I'm ****ed.
Knocked up and an ordained radio dj work?

Hahaha. I went through this for about a month and I was ****ing over it! I told my fiancée, “**** this, this is nonsense. I’m not paying $20K for an empty room because it’s industrial and some god damn food carts with chips and salsa. We’re going to Hawaii, I don’t know anyone I want to buy a $90 dinner for, let alone 100.”

So yeah, Maui it is next August. She tried pulling the **** with the save the dates, I told her to just pick one and be done with it. I run this establishment, for now.

She's a lucky lady.

So a thread about Mike Leach is now about weddings?

Ok. I’ll play.

We spent about $5k in 1994. I can’t imagine what the cost would be today. Probably ten times that amount for what we did.

Did you not watch the video? It was entirely about weddings and the chaos that ensues.

She's a lucky lady.

She is, I saved her the disappointment that a 20K wedding entails. Everyone here agrees, it’s a waste of money. I talked her into 2 weeks in Hawaii and a beach front wedding for half the cost. She didn’t know it at the time but the memories for that will be superior to a traditional wedding where everyone pretends they care but they’re only there for the food and alcohol.

She is, I saved her the disappointment that a 20K wedding entails. Everyone here agrees, it’s a waste of money. I talked her into 2 weeks in Hawaii and a beach front wedding for half the cost. She didn’t know it at the time but the memories for that will be superior to a traditional wedding where everyone pretends they care but they’re only there for the food and alcohol.

Hey, you're talking to a guy who spent a grand total of $100 to rent and old courthouse for his and wife's wedding. Reception was on her parents' dime. Photos done by her brother for free and wedding cake made by her friend for free. And I managed to get through it all without yelling "**** this!"

While I believe the Pirate started this tangent, shouldn't it be moved to Barzil? This thread should be reserved for his ongoing musings and intellectual prowess.

Hey, you're talking to a guy who spent a grand total of $100 to rent and old courthouse for his and wife's wedding. Reception was on her parents' dime. Photos done by her brother for free and wedding cake made by her friend for free. And I managed to get through it all without yelling "**** this!"

Well, to be fair i never really yelled, “**** this.” I merely told her, “**** this, these people are thieves. They’re taking advantage of the fact it’s a wedding and I truly don’t want to be a part of this madness.”

Wife and I spent less on our entire wedding than my brother did on the photographer.

In 25 years, we have not once loooked at wedding pix, although I have boxed up and moved the photo album five times over that period.

And yet if you had suggested the photographer was unnecessary, and your brother could take pics, you would have been in a major crisis.

Speaking of weddings, I spent like $200 on the wedding and half of it was for the hotel. ;)

Back