What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Pirate claims TG a scoundrel

He's a smart guy. Shouldn't he be persuaded by facts and accept that Obama's true statement was the opposite of what outraged him in the doctored video? That, in fact, the point Obama was making is the exact point that Leach himself believes is so important to support?

Not trying to get into politics here. It's the football forum. But I do have a problem with someone not being persuaded by factual information that shows he was wrong.

More importantly, probably, for Leach and his position is that this is a really bad look for the state's highest paid employee.

Last edited:
He's a smart guy. Shouldn't he be persuaded by facts and accept that Obama's true statement was the opposite of what outraged him in the doctored video? That, in fact, the point Obama was making is the exact point that Leach himself believes is so important to support?

Not trying to get into politics here. It's the football forum. But I do have a problem with someone not being persuaded by factual information that shows he was wrong.

More importantly, probably, for Leach and his position is that this is a really bad look for the state's highest paid employee.
I bet Peterson gets paid more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would Leach leave after 2019 season to start a presidential run?
More qualified and sane than some of these guys getting nominations for senate races, for sure. Couldn't be worse than much of the 2016 GOP primary field either. I hope not, though. He's been so entertaining as a coach in our conference from the Big 12 through the Pac-12. I'd hate to lose that. Especially when it was just kicked up a notch by also having Herm Edwards in our conference giving press conferences.

giphy.gif

You notice, I did not mention Truly Superior; I'm sure she knows where they have been hiding for the last 27 years. As long as it's not in the garage taking room away from my tools and beer, I don't care.
I am glad it's "Truly Superior" rather than "Mother Superior." Otherwise, making it to 28 would be doubtful. I'll be at 25 in January. Going to the Big Island.

You can't live that close to the deep end and not go off it.

i disagree! if you aren't prancing on the precipice and at risk of plunging off the abyss into madness, you aren't doing it right. i think the pirate is awesome and anyone listening to anything non-football coming out of his mouth is as dumb as a trumpista.

i disagree! if you aren't prancing on the precipice and at risk of plunging off the abyss into madness, you aren't doing it right. i think the pirate is awesome and anyone listening to anything non-football coming out of his mouth is as dumb as a trumpista.
The Pirate knows he’s “awesome” and does everything he can to prove it. His act is stale.

I think he has his millions and doesn’t care what anyone else thinks.

This. He's not beholden to anything the public or media feed us as reality, says what he believes is right. Honestly, it's refreshing. I imagine if people are happily shoving the media drivel into their mouth, they probably hate his act.

That also makes it that much more enjoyable.

What I like about him is that I don't think it's an act. If it's "stale" it is because it is authentic and he's not re-inventing his look or his schtick all the time for the media.
You may be correct. I’m just not into his shtick.

What I like about him is that I don't think it's an act. If it's "stale" it is because it is authentic and he's not re-inventing his look or his schtick all the time for the media.

It is stale because no one ever calls him out on saying something just dumb. No, it always zany and funny because it is Mike Leach.

It is stale because no one ever calls him out on saying something just dumb. No, it always zany and funny because it is Mike Leach.
I think sports is supposed to be fun. I like my characters and dislike how sterile things get when everyone's words get parsed and analyzed by sports talk radio et al like they're politicians or something. I want more, not less, of the Mike Leach, Bill Walton and others who go off the corporate script.

I think sports is supposed to be fun. I like my characters and dislike how sterile things get when everyone's words get parsed and analyzed by sports talk radio et al like they're politicians or something. I want more, not less, of the Mike Leach, Bill Walton and others who go off the corporate script.

Jim Harbaugh says and does lots of weird stuff just like Mike Leach... so why he is really weird and Leach is hilarious?

That is the issue I have always had with the media's kid gloves treatment of Leach.

Coaching a college football blue blood like Michigan is a lot different than coaching in a backwater like Pullman. Harbaugh does less with more. Leach does more with less. Thus the deference shown.

When Harbaugh was at Stanford, he could get away with just about anything.

Jim Harbaugh says and does lots of weird stuff just like Mike Leach... so why he is really weird and Leach is hilarious?

That is the issue I have always had with the media's kid gloves treatment of Leach.
I think with Harbaugh it's that he is under-performing the expectations that conventional wisdom and the media placed on him at Michigan. He was a darling at Stanford and with the Niners when he was doing more with less. But he hasn't won even a division title, unable to beat tOSU while struggling with MSU. If you're going to be a character, you get held to a higher standard of achievement or the same hype system that made you a darling is going to turn on you and say that being unconventional is the very problem that is limiting your success.

My personal opinion with Harbaugh is that he was overrated because he draws so much attention and now he's becoming underrated. He's a top 15 coach in college football but we had arguments that he was right there as the next guy behind Saban and Urban despite him never having won a title. Also, I think that the general concern I hear about his act getting stale is stupid if we're talking about his ability to attract great assistant coaches, recruit and motivate a locker room. All those personnel turn over every few years, so it's a non-issue. It's only an issue with media and fans because it becomes old schtick for us.

Last edited:

Cause Harbaugh is a DICK and Leach is like that quirky old uncle (not the bailer, touched me kinda quirky) who never hurt anyone and always shows up to the reunion drunk.

Back