What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Running Game - or lack thereof

OL is so bad. Especially the right side. #58 blows goats and it too small. Sanders still taking too many hard hits IMO. Hopefully it's just growing pains and getting adjusted to new players and coaches. DL.... I'll leave that for another day.

We are playing 10 personnel pretty much all the time. We didn't even pretend to run the ball after the 4th down failure and there were many plays where they only had 5 man in the box.

You can't just claim OC won't give up on the run game because of his old habit. As fans, what we see is, there is no "commitment to running the ball" showing on the field.

OL is so bad. Especially the right side. #58 blows goats and it too small. Sanders still taking too many hard hits IMO. Hopefully it's just growing pains and getting adjusted to new players and coaches. DL.... I'll leave that for another day.
This is definitely the biggest pile 'o sh!t postgame post so far this year. Well done sir. You opened your account with complete incompetence, grammar mistakes and a uniquely ignorant and pathetic take on the game.
Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

This is definitely the biggest pile 'o sh!t postgame post so far this year. Well done sir. You opened your account with complete incompetence, grammar mistakes and a uniquely ignorant and pathetic take on the game.
Ryan Gosling Clap GIF
Sorry grammar police. You probably let your mom pick your nose and clip your toenails. OL is **** and we all saw it. DL is even worse. But whatever, we will win Big 12. I think we are improved, but OL and DL were very underwhelming. I guess a message board isn't allowed opinions?

Sorry grammar police. You probably let your mom pick your nose and clip your toenails. OL is **** and we all saw it. DL is even worse. But whatever, we will win Big 12. I think we are improved, but OL and DL were very underwhelming. I guess a message board isn't allowed opinions?
Not uninformed sh!tty ones. I should know.

We just aren't committed to it. And there are reasons why, but it's so frustrating to see this two years in a row now. In running situations, the OL could not deliver. Early, we caught them napping by actually running the ball in 2d and 3d and mid (Offerdahl's 1st down comes to mind). After that, they steadily clamped things down.

Beyond a lack of push, I saw pulling guards coming around and missing both guys in front of them. I saw a refusal to try and play in a phone booth (outside of the 4th down disaster). Some of that was matchup oriented. But damn, we didn't even try. Do we have a TE that we trust at all? Because trying to have a run game running 4 wide is going to suck.

But another issue was the RPO. First, Shedeur pulled it a LOT. I won't pretend to know if he was making the right read, but if you give him a decision to make and it's 60/40 towards handing it off, he's gonna keep it. And we did get 500 yards of offense, etc., so obviously he wasn't making terrible reads. But in the red zone, we couldn't run and needed a miracle from Hunter to convert by the end. At some point this team needs to show it can run the ball on purpose with purpose.

TL;DR: I think we don't really want to run the ball and it shows. Prime may say he wants to, but the proof is in the puddin.
None really. We don't run an RPO.

We started off running well for CU standards. The Bison started (run) blitzing for most early downs, so they adjusted. I think that most teams will start shading safeties against THun. That’s where we will see success against light boxes.
This. NDSU adjusted to say "You are going to have to be at us with the pass." Their DBs were disciplined and better than we expected and we still saw what that got them.

Against almost anyone else they play that strategy will work for them but nobody else in the country has Shedeur, Travis, Jimmy, etc.

Much more likely that we start seeing teams decide that giving up 150 yard on the ground is preferable to letting Shedeur have time to find single coverage.

The fact that Prime is pushing offerdahl tells me exactly how unserious they are when it comes to running the ball. Charlie is a good kid and a hard worker... but he's not even the 4th best rb on the team.

I don't know if he's 4th best but yes totally agree that they don't at all seem to be committed to the run. Hopefully that will change as the OL starts to gel and Hayden and some of the young guys get more time in the backfield

It's not exactly the running game, but will show up in a huge way in the stats, Shedeur pulling the ball down and taking 5+ yards by running from time to time does help the numbers and maybe keep the EDGE rushersa little more honest. It did happen 2 or 3 times in the 2nd half vs. NDSU.

Why has college given up on solid running concepts like stretch or counter. Felt like we ran the same crappy RPO run plays and SS is pretty bad on them, he is slow on decisions and never carries out a throw fake, rather pushes the RB in the back.

I am so ingrained with Broncos stretch zone plays it is hard to watch our running game. Also, TE and WR blocking has got to be way more a thing of Pride.

Hoping we were actually hiding all our real run plays.

Hayden is a stud and I want to see Welch

Charlie was always going to get start #1

I’d be shocked if he starts again. But the first game was always him.

Get mad if we play him in Nebraska though.
I get the start. I also get getting some carries. I don’t get shorting a better RB carries and acing ChO being in there in crucial situations.

Back