What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tim Brando calling out the Pac 12 as a whole.

So you started a thread with a lazy hot take from a middling media member to simply make the argument that the Pac 12 has the lowest national perception among P5 conferences? Thanks for the original take.

Lowest national perception? Meh. I think this is a garbage conference that CU should be looking for a way out of if Kliavkoff doesn't fix this **** PDQ.

Okay? The ACC having one good team has what effect on the garbage play in this conference over the last four years?

You posted a take where a national reporter **** on the Pac-12 as a terrible conference and don't understand why it is relevant?

BTW, your criteria for the ACC has a whopping 12 teams in 2017 and 13 teams in 2017. Maybe Brando should criticize the depth and quality of play in that conference.

You posted a take where a national reporter **** on the Pac-12 as a terrible conference and don't understand why it is relevant?

BTW, your criteria for the ACC has a whopping 12 teams in 2017 and 13 teams in 2017. Maybe Brando should criticize the depth and quality of play in that conference.

If Oregon (for the sake of picking somebody) did what Clemson has done over the last five years, we're not having this conversation.

Comparing the Pac 12 to the American was silly, sure-but saying the quality of play in this conference isn't good enough is stating the obvious in my book.

Sure, if you enjoy zero nuance. If Oregon or USC suddenly dominated the Pac-12 for years to come, it would actually say very little about the overall quality of play or depth in the conference.

tenor.gif

Why do you think I cited 2019 and 2017 before that? The quality of play has not been good enough in this conference for years now. 10 teams with 4 losses or more in 2 of the last three normal seasons isn't a sign of a ton of depth-its a sign that the conference as a whole sucks.
Were those “4 losses” in, or out, of conference?

Also, is the SEC deep because the media says they are? #8 UGA beating Cinci on a last minute field goal in the Peach Bowl doesn’t color me impressed as being “deep”.

How would CU and Oregon St fare against Kentucky and Vandy? Or hell, Duke and Wake Forest? Nebraska and Rutgers?

When the league didn't play any non-conference games, got to expect about half to finish with losing records.

P12 is not turning out elite teams or horrible teams. All that really needs to happen to change everything is for USC to start being USC again.
1624534834030.gif

If Oregon (for the sake of picking somebody) did what Clemson has done over the last five years, we're not having this conversation.
And why do people always forget that Clemson was an after thought before Swinny as was Alabama before Saban (for chrisake, CU was a dropped pass away from beating Alabama in the Liberty Bowl in Saban’s first year…which could have drastically altered the trajectory of that program).

When the league didn't play any non-conference games, got to expect about half to finish with losing records.

P12 is not turning out elite teams or horrible teams. All that really needs to happen to change everything is for USC to start being USC again.
If USC wasn’t ****ing up right now under helton and were at the top of their game you could make a reasonable argument that the pac 12 south is the second best division in college football this year. Tons of depth that I’m not sure people truly understand but it will show. All that is missing is a playoff caliber team which actually Utah might end up getting there.

And in normal years the P12 is playing more conference games than most other leagues in a conference that doesn't have true bottom feeders like the others.

B12 gets to pad their records with a bye against Kansas and a couple other weak programs.

Do like most other leagues and replace a conference game with one against a weak G5 school (SEC does one late in the season) while playing your entire OOC at home or close and against cream puffs and your conference can inflate its record as well.

Instead the P12 in fewer OOC games travels and plays more quality opponents.

I told Schekler this and I'm going to tell you too-2 of the last 3 normal football seasons (2019 and 2017) have seen the Pac 12 put out 10 teams that have lost 4 games or more. That's not a sign you're deep. Its a sign you're not very good.
To top it off Scott puts out a statement pertaining to playoff expansion instead of the incoming commish...and the ACC commish publicly says "stop whining".
Consider: 3 possibly 4 teams from the ACC could've won the PAC last season, Clemson, NC, ND & Miami.
Talented CA players are leaving the footprint at the same or higher rate as Texas players which the PAC can't absorb and maintain the level to contend. JMO
Clinging to the idea the PAC won't fall to #5 isn't going to make it so without significant change(s) made on different levels.

To top it off Scott puts out a statement pertaining to playoff expansion instead of the incoming commish...and the ACC commish publicly says "stop whining".
Consider: 3 possibly 4 teams from the ACC could've won the PAC last season, Clemson, NC, ND & Miami.
Talented CA players are leaving the footprint at the same or higher rate as Texas players which the PAC can't absorb and maintain the level to contend. JMO
Clinging to the idea the PAC won't fall to #5 isn't going to make it so without significant change(s) made on different levels.
Oh god I’ve never seen someone praise ACC football like this before. It’s amazing to see

Oh god I’ve never seen someone praise ACC football like this before. It’s amazing to see
Praising the ACC..if you say so...the RB the Broncos drafted from NC is really good and I don't think there was a better one in the P12 this year.

Do you guy 'member all the epitaphs written about Pac 12 hoops after the 2018-19 season? I 'member.

I also 'member the Pac 12 with 4 teams in the sweet sixteen last season.
You're referring to one season of B-ball not near a decade of football which pulls the train financially & expand the brand.

Back