What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Time to reboot this forum, I suppose

Not saying I want him but what's the deal with Bieniemy? He seemed to be the hot name that nobody wants to hire. Does he give bad interviews? Too much baggage?

Did I miss an announcement or something? Scoop? Or is this in preparation for the inevitable? Sorry just trying to catch up.

The embarrassment part is what’s going to do him in. Being a 3 score dog to a G5 program in year three, and 13 consecutive games of offensive ineptitude across two different offensive staffs is not going unnoticed.
Facts!!

However, I have zero concern about Dorrell's embarrassment. After losing the majority of true Pac12 level players to transfer last year, if RG doesn't pull the trigger by week 3, I imagine any remaining talent will be gone within a week of the last game of the season. Transfers along with graduation leaves this program in such shambles, I doubt any qualified coach would take the job.
Granted transfers are the landscape today, but if you measured the quality loss, the Buffs cannot afford the remaining 3 stars with potential to split, leaving the Northern Colorado skill set and walks on.
I would love Herman but we may have to have a gap coach. This program is so bad and so void of talent, they may have to hire a guy like Walter's who may he able to get the program up to three wins a season in three years and slightly increase the talent level.
The administration will need to allow more transfers to get qualified coaches as well. MT brought in 15 transfers this year (one of them ours) after double digits the previous year.

MT lost to AFA at home, not on the road, and by the end of the season we were holding him up as the savior of all things CU football.

Just saying…
For successful coaches, the jump typically happens in year two. CU never got to see year two for Tucker. Michigan State has, and he made the jump there after a bad first year.

Saban lost to Louisiana-Monroe at home in year one at Alabama.

Removing the 2020 Covid year from the equation and giving him the benefit of doubt, this is effectively year two for Dorrell. So far, I don’t see a jump but he has eleven games to go.

MT lost to AFA at home, not on the road, and by the end of the season we were holding him up as the savior of all things CU football.

Just saying…
Year one vs year three. Recruiting was seemingly elevated under MT. Georgia elite defense and other big tent program credibility vs no college credibility in 15 years. Hope of bright future vs zero hope.

The AFA and Arizona losses under Tucker were frustrating for sure, but the situations are nowhere near similar. The embarrassment on the local (and national) level with an AFA blowout is going to be deafening and a winless season will probably become even odds. RG sucks, but his hand will be forced at some point, especially if the locker room becomes toxic

Year one vs year three. Recruiting was seemingly elevated under MT. Georgia elite defense and other big tent program credibility vs no college credibility in 15 years. Hope of bright future vs zero hope.

The AFA and Arizona losses under Tucker were frustrating for sure, but the situations are nowhere near similar. The embarrassment on the local (and national) level with an AFA blowout is going to be deafening and a winless season will probably become even odds. RG sucks, but his hand will be forced at some point, especially if the locker room becomes toxic
Plati retiring and media getting to take the gloves off has me hopeful for the program moving forward.

I think the leash will be much shorter and CU won’t have the luxury of hiding in the future. There may actually be an element of responsibility to stakeholders like all other schools feel moving forward

Plati retiring and media getting to take the gloves off has me hopeful for the program moving forward.

I think the leash will be much shorter and CU won’t have the luxury of hiding in the future. There may actually be an element of responsibility to stakeholders like all other schools feel moving forward
We’ll see. It’s great to see it from Howell, but I’d like to see Adam also go scorched earth. Woelk won’t because he’s literally employed by them. Would also like to see Klatt and Fowler go on Twitter rants, although that seems unlikely.

I’m encouraged, but I also don’t think Plati’s semi retirement announcement has much to do with it. The Denver Post and Fan guys don’t give a ****, so Howell is probably the only one who might be affected.

We’ll see. It’s great to see it from Howell, but I’d like to see Adam also go scorched earth. Woelk won’t because he’s literally employed by them. Would also like to see Klatt and Fowler go on Twitter rants, although that seems unlikely.

I’m encouraged, but I also don’t think Plati’s semi retirement announcement has much to do with it. The Denver Post and Fan guys don’t give a ****, so Howell is probably the only one who might be affected.
How sad is it that my one shred of hope related to CU football is the off chance at public accountability a few years from now

Just saying…
I mean, that's true, but MT also won 4 games that year against P5 teams.

If KD can beat Minnesota on the road next week and then go 3-6 in conference, I strongly suspect he gets another year regardless of what happens this Saturday.

That 2019 team under Tucker was frustrating at times, but they were also competitive in most games and were fun to watch most of the time.

Dorrell's teams are non-competitive most weeks and the offense has been unwatchable for large stretches.
The AFA game under Tucker was a bit of an outlier in terms of the CU team that showed up. They were flat from the opening whistle. Tucker teams generally showed up and played hard. Basically, they didn't look like last Friday's Buff team.

Not saying I want him but what's the deal with Bieniemy? He seemed to be the hot name that nobody wants to hire. Does he give bad interviews? Too much baggage?

Seconded.
We've got a whole thread on EB here: https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/eric-bien-i-emys-next-job-speculation-shut-out-again.146819/

The long and short of it is that he's getting overlooked in KC because all the credit goes to Mahomes and Reid, there are questions about his temperament, and i think he's still got some stink on him from the Embree era. I was much closer to the program back then, and I can tell you EB certainly was not the most professionally behaved coach.

The AFA game under Tucker was a bit of an outlier in terms of the CU team that showed up. They were flat from the opening whistle. Tucker teams generally showed up and played hard. Basically, they didn't look like last Friday's Buff team.
The AFA game was Tucker’s first loss in his first season and it was a close, OT loss following an awesome comeback against Nebraska with a s**t ton of Nub fans in Folsom so there was already some major positives happening when that let down against AFA happened.

And the Buffs still nearly pulled that game out. 5-7 is 5-7, but at least Tucker could point to being close to a bowl team with some minor tweaks (not the least of which being him having a year as head coach under his belt).

Since the third quarter of the Utah game in 2020, has anything under Dorrell felt remotely "close" to being a bowl team?

And the Buffs still nearly pulled that game out. 5-7 is 5-7, but at least Tucker could point to being close to a bowl team with some minor tweaks (not the least of which being him having a year as head coach under his belt).

Since the third quarter of the Utah game in 2020, has anything under Dorrell felt remotely "close" to being a bowl team?
The trajectory of on the field performance, team motivation, and talent attraction and retention is not good. Not good at all.

I swear, if we lose close on Saturday and I have to listen to a bunch of moral victory bullsh!t about improving and being competitive because we covered vs a G5 team, I'm going to be more pissed off than if we get blown out.

Back