What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Time to reboot this forum, I suppose

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
GIF by Groundhog Day

It's like deja vu all over again, again.

Happy 2022 football season, Buff fans.

Where do we look this time?

CO guy like Troy Calhoun, Klint Kubiak or Ricky Rahne?

Buff legacy like Eric Bieniemy or Ryan Walters?

Offensive system guy like Kendal Briles or Sean Lewis?

Proven winner as a HC? Someone who can install a blue blood culture? Top dog in recruiting?

What's at the top of your wish list in a new HC?

Proven winner as a HC? Someone who can install a blue blood culture? Top dog in recruiting?

Tom Herman and Jeff Grimes remain guys who I see as super strong candidates for what we need.

Tom Herman (broadcast)
Dan Mullen (funemployed)
Jeff Grimes
Kendal Briles
Kalani Sitake? (BYU)
Jeff Traylor? (UTSA)
Sean Lewis? (Kent State)
Ryan Walters?
Jeff Lebby?
BoB?
Josh Gattis?

idk just a few names off the top of my head.

Last edited:

I think we were in the right track when we hired Tucker. Hire a guy like that again and make sure he has whatever he needs to succeed. The name that pops into my mind is Tom a Herman, who just happens to be available. He won’t come to this ****show, though. He will need to see some significant changes to the priorities here before taking this job.

I think a CO guy is a plus but not a necessity.

Buff legacy is a plus with all things being equal.

I still think the best system for the buffs is to be a hard-nosed run first team. I think it makes the best use of the altitude advantage and the fact that CO produces P5 OL better than any other position. Although, the system doesn't really matter to me as long as we're winning.

I doubt a proven winner would come here but I have no idea what the administration is willing to support.

They absolutely should love recruiting. This is the most important thing for me.

Given our already notoriously strained finances which wouldn’t be helped with a Dorrell buyout and the complete apathy by the administration my expectation for a possible new HC after this season is:

Darrin Chiaverini, come on down.

Given our already notoriously strained finances which wouldn’t be helped with a Dorrell buyout and the complete apathy by the administration my expectation for a possible new HC after this season is:

Darrin Chiaverini, come on down.
that would be..... interesting.

i would hope we'd aim for a coordinator from sec or big again. tucker type hire.

I'm hoping that we have an announcement from the President's office that a new chancellor has been selected to replace Phil. Even if Phil isn't gone yet first order of business for new Chancellor is working with RG to hire a competitive coach and to fix the things that are getting in the way of success.

Without substantive changes in supporting the program a new coach won't help.

I'm hoping that we have an announcement from the President's office that a new chancellor has been selected to replace Phil. Even if Phil isn't gone yet first order of business for new Chancellor is working with RG to hire a competitive coach and to fix the things that are getting in the way of success.

Without substantive changes in supporting the program a new coach won't help.
Why not just cut Phil out of the decision if you're Saliman and personally oversee the process?

Tom Herman is the list.

Forget anyone based on CU ties, the search should be based on the best coach available. 4+ Million gets Herman here, improves recruiting and the offense improves immediately.

If, for some bizarre reason, the hire must include someone in Colorado, poach Norvell from the Lambs. He doesn't move the needle immensely but he's a vastly better coach than Dorrell.

Tom Herman is the list.

Forget anyone based on CU ties, the search should be based on the best coach available. 4+ Million gets Herman here, improves recruiting and the offense improves immediately.

If, for some bizarre reason, the hire must include someone in Colorado, poach Norvell from the Lambs. He doesn't move the needle immensely but he's a vastly better coach than Dorrell.

Would Herman want us? Would we have the money to hire him? Would we have the money to hire him and a staff that doesn’t solely consist of HS level coaches?

Why not just cut Phil out of the decision if you're Saliman and personally oversee the process?
Yeah, the buck stops with Saliman now. Full stop. It’s his campus and AD to shape however he wants it. He needs to make decisions and hire a Chancellor that is aligned with his

In my process Phil is out of the decision. He may get to officially carry the title until the end of the year but it is clear that this is a decision for the future which Phil isn't part of.

Saliman ultimately would be the person moving the decision but it isn't his area of expertise. His message though to the new Chancellor, to RG, and to the school is that this is now a priority and will be fixed at all levels. Involving the new Chancellor is a way of putting responsibility on him/her.

In my process Phil is out of the decision. He may get to officially carry the title until the end of the year but it is clear that this is a decision for the future which Phil isn't part of.

Saliman ultimately would be the person moving the decision but it isn't his area of expertise. His message though to the new Chancellor, to RG, and to the school is that this is now a priority and will be fixed at all levels. Involving the new Chancellor is a way of putting responsibility on him/her.
You're delaying the HC hire until a new Chancellor is lined up. That person is likely not on campus and wouldn't be on the payroll before June.

Besides, it would be a huge deal for Saliman to hear firsthand from RG, coaches and search advisors what things hold the CU job back from being more attractive.

Also by handling it himself, it's a statement to the new Chancellor that he prioritizes football and has high expectations.

Did something happen that I missed? Who’s going to be available after the 2023 season?

Back