What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC @ COLORADO Official Thread - 11/11 @ 2 PM on FOX

Maybe you should go watch it again. Montez was staring right at his receiver even before he took the snap. I knew who he was throwing to. The TV guy knew who he was throwing to. Hell, the guy in the bathroom knew who he was throwing to.

Easiest / worst pick 6 I've watching in a LONG time.
I think there were two issues here. It seemed like CU didn't really know if they wanted to go into half down 14 or try and get a score. They threw at least 2-3 similar 5 yard outs before the pick 6 on that drive. USC and everyone watching knew it was coming. I think there was a communication problem with Montez and offensive staff. If we wanted to go into half down 14, then run the ball and the clock out. Probably plenty of blame to go around here though.

We should’ve run the clock out at the end of the half. Trying to move the ball the length of the field with less than a minute to play was way too risky. Throwing a sideline pass from your own 20 or 25 with, what, 30 seconds left was a stupid, stupid call. Before the interception I was, like, “What are we doing?” When he threw the pick I wasn’t shocked. I almost knew it was coming.

Maybe you should go watch it again. Montez was staring right at his receiver even before he took the snap. I knew who he was throwing to. The TV guy knew who he was throwing to. Hell, the guy in the bathroom knew who he was throwing to.

Easiest / worst pick 6 I've watching in a LONG time.

Montez did stare him down but everybody knew what the play was going to be, it was all they were running over and over.

Had the receiver run and out and up it would have been an easy TD, they weren't even thinking about covering deep.

Montez has to get better at looking people off but that call might as well have been put on the video board before they even lined up.

No. We were down and had the ball with a chance to score going into halftime. This take-a-knee crap annoys the living Hell out of me. You score there, get the ball back to start the second half, and its a whole new ballgame. You have to play to win.

No. We were down and had the ball with a chance to score going into halftime. This take-a-knee crap annoys the living Hell out of me. You score there, get the ball back to start the second half, and its a whole new ballgame. You have to play to win.

Agree, part of that is you take a shot down the field. If it gets picked off you still have them out of easy FG range, hit something and you have major momentum going into the locker room.

Agreed - which also means you don't throw a floater out to the sidelines for a pick-6. Can't we attempt passes beyond the first down marker so you don't have to burn your 3 time-outs after the first 3 plays?

That's where my head was at when I was at the game. Great opportunity for a 2-1 with us getting the ball at half but obviously it is easy to complain about after seeing what happened.

I’m not commenting on the play selection. It could have been a set up play that got sniffed out one play too early.

I haven’t seen the two missed FG’s mentioned. After the game, MJ and GB said Stef said that on both kicks he hit the ball with his ankle before his foot. I’m not sure what that means. Maybe his plant foot was a little too far forward or he was leaning too far forward.

Love this PIC.
Big George and his "backbone" from HS to College senior day. Allsomeness

DOi_OuDVQAEYq2R.jpg

Back