What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC @ COLORADO Official Thread - 11/11 @ 2 PM on FOX

I think we have a great chance against Utah as long as our powder puff senior receivers don’t play and we finally play Winfree and shenault who are clearly better. Sick and tired of watching this team play.

And another thing.....you d*** guys who are always calling for coaches to be fired better start putting Adams and Chev in your list. Their units have been DogS*** all year

we just don't have either the depth or the talent to hang with teams like usc. the change at center killed us. our paper thin rotation on the d-line killed us. we need better recruiting.

we had inconsistent effort and desire too. that bugs me. taz is a man. he will be missed.

And another thing.....you d*** guys who are always calling for coaches to be fired better start putting Adams and Chev in your list. Their units have been DogS*** all year
Yes, their units have performed poorly, but there is some hope with both of them that they've got better players in the pipeline.

Chev's pipeline guys saw action today; in case you missed it, they looked good.

Adam's pipeline guys are still a year (or two) out, but that's the nature of OL recruiting/development (generally). There's more concern here, but at least he's been working hard to land some of the few guys that could play early. It is concerning that hasn't landed a single moderately big fish yet.

Now, let's compare that to the pipeline of players that has been built by Jeffcoat on the DL and Bernardi on the OL...

Adams and Chev certainly don't get passes for their units' performances, but unlike some other guys on the staff, they are both working really hard (one with more success than the other so far) on the one thing that will make the biggest difference in their units' performance: recruiting.

Yes, their units have performed poorly, but there is some hope with both of them that they've got better players in the pipeline.

Chev's pipeline guys saw action today; in case you missed it, they looked good.

Adam's pipeline guys are still a year (or two) out, but that's the nature of OL recruiting/development (generally). There's more concern here, but at least he's been working hard to land some of the few guys that could play early. It is concerning that hasn't landed a single moderately big fish yet.

Now, let's compare that to the pipeline of players that has been built by Jeffcoat on the DL and Bernardi on the OL...

Adams and Chev certainly don't get passes for their units' performances, but unlike some other guys on the staff, they are both working really hard (one with more success than the other so far) on the one thing that will make the biggest difference in their units' performance: recruiting.

Good post

we just don't have either the depth or the talent to hang with teams like usc. the change at center killed us. our paper thin rotation on the d-line killed us. we need better recruiting.

we had inconsistent effort and desire too. that bugs me. taz is a man. he will be missed.
This time last year Taz was emerging as a leader.

Who among the juniors is an emerging leader this year?

It worries me that we haven't seen some guys stepping up yet.

Defense is more straight forward.
Gamboa, Lewis, Fisher, maybe Mulumba. Oliver if the NFL doesn’t get him. Seems like the D will have lots of character. Even Javier Edwards has the attention of the locker room. Also Worthington.

Offense is harder.
Jay MacIntyre & Juwann Winfree are next year’s seniors that jump out.
Montez won’t be a senior, but will be expected to set the tone.

Both Sefo and Lindsay are really rare. Amazing we got them both at the same time. Hard to replace what those two Buffalo Hearts brought to the team.

Worthington
J Mac
Mulumba
Drew Lewis
Oliver
Gamboa

Junior leadership this season and especially into next year should be coming from this group (minus Oliver likely).

Defense is more straight forward.
Gamboa, Lewis, Fisher, maybe Mulumba. Oliver if the NFL doesn’t get him. Seems like the D will have lots of character. Even Javier Edwards has the attention of the locker room.

Offense is harder.
Jay MacIntyre & Juwann Winfree are next year’s seniors that jump out.
Montez won’t be a senior, but will be expected to set the tone.
I agree, defense is easier and and guys are starting to step up.

The only on field leadership (as opposed to on field "direction" that's mandatory of a QB) that I've seen on the offense this year has come from Lindsay and Irwin.

If Steven isn't a leader (or isn't ready to lead), has anyone else even shown flashes of leadership on offense?

A few posts mentioned it too, this defense doesn’t attack enough. They seem content to play in space and not attack the runner or QB. It resembles what a basketball defender does with a ball handler. Very frustrating to watch.

Overall, not a bad game. USC is way more talented. Why JMac is in the slot instead of Winfree mystifies me. Daddy ball? Shenault is a potential game breaker, so why he has not been worked into the line up is also a mystery, I guess you can't post a 5-6 record without senior leadership.

Who will be Rb after PL leaves is going to be interesting. The OL plyed decently, but is still way below par. Tonz and Kaiser getting bull rushed by the USC frosh DL who blocked the first FG may be a harbinger of things to come. Coleman playing NT was confusing as well. Lack of quality recruiting up front is going to be a big issue next year.

USC bigger, faster, stronger. They took the buffs to the woodshed. If not for unforced errors, they could have put up 50+

USC bigger, faster, stronger. They took the buffs to the woodshed. If not for unforced errors, they could have put up 50+

Um, if not for a stupid pass before halftime and 2 blocked fg's, different game too. Can't just look at it from one side.

Overall, not a bad game. USC is way more talented. Why JMac is in the slot instead of Winfree mystifies me. Daddy ball? Shenault is a potential game breaker, so why he has not been worked into the line up is also a mystery, I guess you can't post a 5-6 record without senior leadership.

Who will be Rb after PL leaves is going to be interesting. The OL plyed decently, but is still way below par. Tonz and Kaiser getting bull rushed by the USC frosh DL who blocked the first FG may be a harbinger of things to come. Coleman playing NT was confusing as well. Lack of quality recruiting up front is going to be a big issue next year.
Why Nixon hasn't gotten more touches also mystifies me... the 2 or 3 times he has this season, he stands out as being a guy who's a step faster than the rest of the players on the team. Of course, I don't expect someone like Lindgren to being able to scheme a few plays a game for him. He probably doesn't "know the offense" enough to run toss sweeps or screen passes or fly routes every once in a while or something

I get the complaints about Shenault not playing enough, not sure I really agree on Nixon.

Well, I'd bet Shenault will get some run against Utah. Nixon, I see what you're saying. I just haven't seen enough on O to know yet.

I get the complaints about Shenault not playing enough, not sure I really agree on Nixon.
It's probably not so much what we've seen from him on the field but moreso that we seem to have nothing behind Lindsay so why not?

As frustrating as that game was, I saw some good things. The offense actually seems to be figuring things out. The defense is still a hot mess, but they can get a few stops from time to time.

I really hope they can figure away to win next weeks game with Utah, because with a few more practices u dear their belt, they could be a very solid team next year.

Eliot still sucks.

As frustrating as that game was, I saw some good things. The offense actually seems to be figuring things out. The defense is still a hot mess, but they can get a few stops from time to time.

I really hope they can figure away to win next weeks game with Utah, because with a few more practices u dear their belt, they could be a very solid team next year.

Eliot still sucks.

The extra practices would help a lot
A bowl, any bowl, gives an additional selling point for recruiting
The win would help players confidence a lot as well going into next year no matter what happens in the bowl. (and a bowl win would be even better.)

KD was running wide ****ing open, no one was within 20 yards of him on a fly route from the slot position (three receiver set to the right side) and Montez threw a 6 yard out on 3rd down that went incomplete. Seems like Montez figured out they were playing the short stuff and capitalized on it later in the game but man, those are plays we need to make against USC.

... The pick 6 at the end of the first half I put completely on Lindgren. USC was ready to jump it at the snap. Went back and looked, if they had run and out and up it would have scored. SC wasn't even thinking about the route going downfield.
Ignore the middle of the field. ...?

Maybe you should go watch it again. Montez was staring right at his receiver even before he took the snap. I knew who he was throwing to. The TV guy knew who he was throwing to. Hell, the guy in the bathroom knew who he was throwing to.

Easiest / worst pick 6 I've watching in a LONG time.

Back