What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC fires Clay Helton

Truth is, USC should have stuck with Lane. He was keeping things above water in spite of those ridiculous NCAA sanctions which would have killed most programs.

He may be right but that’s kind of an odd take. Who knows what motivates a person? Money, prestige, sunny winters, a challenge, tired of green and yellow, whatever. I don’t believe that wanting to keep Phil Knight “in your corner” is really going to move the needle, however.

He may be right but that’s kind of an odd take. Who knows what motivates a person? Money, prestige, sunny winters, a challenge, tired of green and yellow, whatever. I don’t believe that wanting to keep Phil Knight “in your corner” is really going to move the needle, however.
I was wondering why it really mattered if Phil Knight wasn’t in the corner of the Head Coach at USC. Is Phil going to pull USC’s Nike sponsorship and watch them sign the most lucrative deal of all time with UA or Adidas?

I was wondering why it really mattered if Phil Knight wasn’t in the corner of the Head Coach at USC. Is Phil going to pull USC’s Nike sponsorship and watch them sign the most lucrative deal of all time with UA or Adidas?
Exactly. Phil Knight may make sure that Oregon doesn’t get out bid but he’s not going to do anything if Cristobal decided to take the USC job

nike putting the heat on oregon, usc, and cristobal may be one of the very few things in this world that can stop usc from getting the coach they want.

my personal best hope is that whomever they decide is the coach they want is an abject failure, awash in misery and recriminations.

but, i do admit, i have issues.

So, am I the only one who heard the broadcasters talking about EB and USC opening during the KC game last night?

The way they talked about it, EB essentially said that would consider the job except Bohn.
Sounds like that’s what he told them.

I don't believe Bieniemy is ready to be a head coach and think he knows that. He is comfortable where he is, making a good living and has a QB making him look really good.

I agree with your second statement-but not the first. I think EB wants to be an NFL head coach, and he's perfectly content doing what he's doing right now in KC until that opportunity comes along.

I think he is right-but not for the reasons he lays out in that video. I don't see Cristobal leaving Oregon for USC. They've got the best shot at the CFP they've ever had since he's been at Oregon, and there's no reason why they can't contend for that yearly. Going to take work to get USC back to that level, and I'm not sure that leadership is committed to doing what it takes to get that brand back to that level.

I think he is right-but not for the reasons he lays out in that video. I don't see Cristobal leaving Oregon for USC. They've got the best shot at the CFP they've ever had since he's been at Oregon, and there's no reason why they can't contend for that yearly. Going to take work to get USC back to that level, and I'm not sure that leadership is committed to doing what it takes to get that brand back to that level.
You and I are saying the same thing. Cristobal probably isn’t leaving Oregon for USC but it’s not because he’s worried about Phil’s reaction. So Cowheard is wrong 😁

Have read a lot of candidate lists and really besides Franklin I don’t see a quality candidate that scares me there. In fact I think most SC fans are probably crapping themselves right now

Edit: Cristobal is probably the best fit but I doubt he leaves Oregon

Last edited:
Have read a lot of candidate lists and really besides Franklin I don’t see a quality candidate that scares me there. In fact I think most SC fans are probably crapping themselves right now

Edit: Cristobal is probably the best fit but I doubt he leaves Oregon

Cristobal wasn't even on the list in this article from an LA writer. Agreed that all the lists we've seen have been fairly underwhelming after Franklin. I guess it's early in the search though, maybe some other names will come up when the season starts to wind down.

Cristobal wasn't even on the list in this article from an LA writer. Agreed that all the lists we've seen have been fairly underwhelming after Franklin. I guess it's early in the search though, maybe some other names will come up when the season starts to wind down.

Jack Del Rio's name is on that list-something tells me he's getting that job.

EB? LOL. No ****ing way he wants to deal with Bohn again.

I could see Cristobal leaving Oregon for Alabama and MAYBE Miami. That's it. He grew up in Miami, and he went to the U.

Back